Google Search redirecting

Oct 20, 2003
I do not know if it is me or anyone else has experienced it recently. Let's say I enter Iransportspress in google search box. It brings Iransportspress correctly but when I click on Iransportspress hyper link, it redirects me to totally unrelated site. I gave Iransportspress as an example, it does it with other searches as well. Any ideas what is wrong, I did not experience this before.

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
Iranpaak jaan;
when you pint the mouse at the link (lets assume ISP) can you see the actual URL on the bottom of your browser?
I am not sure what kind of browser you are using if IE then it is called Status Bar?
anyway if that shows you the right link but redirects you to the wrong page then what Finally said is true, well in a way....
may be you installed a new search bar like Yahoo lately?
I dont know but I hate these extra ars they fill in the space and they junk up your browser, I would uninstall them via the control panel (in Vista is called Programs something?) but in XP it is Add Remove Programs .

Also you can go to the AVG web site and get a free anti virus program or check your PC online if you think there is a virus problem. (or Avast a BT mentioned),my kids like avast better, i like avg bcs it is easier to deal with)

Anyway it may be your provider doing it too? Like in hotels or airports they do that stuff sometimes.
anyways my 2 cents. wait until the experts tell you...

Oct 20, 2003
You've got an infection.

Download Malwarebytes from HERE

For a permanent solution, download and install Avast Antivirus from HERE
Thanks Soroush Jan, I already download Spybot, but I am going to download the Malwarebytes too.
I do have a McAfee Security, if I download Avast, wouldn't that interfer with McAfee?

Btw: the bottom of my disktop looks as if I am in safe mode.

Oct 20, 2003
Iranpaak jaan;
when you pint the mouse at the link (lets assume ISP) can you see the actual URL on the bottom of your browser?
I am not sure what kind of browser you are using if IE then it is called Status Bar?
anyway if that shows you the right link but redirects you to the wrong page then what Finally said is true, well in a way....
may be you installed a new search bar like Yahoo lately?
I dont know but I hate these extra ars they fill in the space and they junk up your browser, I would uninstall them via the control panel (in Vista is called Programs something?) but in XP it is Add Remove Programs .

Also you can go to the AVG web site and get a free anti virus program or check your PC online if you think there is a virus problem. (or Avast a BT mentioned),my kids like avast better, i like avg bcs it is easier to deal with)

Anyway it may be your provider doing it too? Like in hotels or airports they do that stuff sometimes.
anyways my 2 cents. wait until the experts tell you...
Shah Meyti gol, yes when I point the cursor at the name of say Iransportspress, I see the URL at the bottom of my browser. I use MS explorer. I am going to try the Spybot and Malwarebytes to see what happens.

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
IranPaak jaan salaam aziz.

agha be careful about spybot, (I think it is spybot?) not sure but one of those anti malware programs make life miserable for your computer.

do a search and see if lot of ppl complain about it? if not then my apologies.

thanks and good luck!

Oct 20, 2003
IranPaak jaan salaam aziz.

agha be careful about spybot, (I think it is spybot?) not sure but one of those anti malware programs make life miserable for your computer.

do a search and see if lot of ppl complain about it? if not then my apologies.

thanks and good luck!
Chakeram Shah Meyti, PC Magazine editor has rated Spybot very good, the users have rated excellent. I have used it before without a problem.
It is funny when I click on ISP link, this all happened yesterday :).

I run McAfee scan earlier, it found one infection that it Quarantined.

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
Wolek, computeret havapayma dozdi shode.
It looks like you have at least half a day to spend to get rid of it.
Most probably Malwarebytes or Spyware Doctor will do the job.

Oct 20, 2003
Edited.

Chizi nabood, faghat ye kami fAhashi be on pedar sokhtehai bood ke een jori kerm mirezan :).

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2003
IranPaak, Volek inja kojast. I mean you Avetar.
Midonam Ahvaz nist. Vali khodton fekr konam Kashan bashe. I visited some old homes like manzele Borojardia, ya manzele Ameriha in Khashan last year which were simply beautiful. But this is not one of my pictures.

Oct 20, 2003
OK, this infection apparantly has hit many people. It took me number of hours to finally get rid of the infection. Tried all the malware and spyware, finally after reading a lot came across this program called TDsskiller.zip. After downloading and running it which took only a few minutes, my computer seems functioning normally. I just wanted to share with people who might become mobtala be een virus in the future.