Googoosh Copy cat from Uzbekistan!!

eerooni

Bench Warmer
Nov 9, 2002
Toronto
She is reportedly the Uzbek leaders daughter, Islam Karimov. She has taken (stolen) the Iranian stars name Googosh and added an 'a' at the end and called herself GOOGOOSHA!! It seems all "oghdehee" countries are starting to steal from Iran everything, like Persian Gulf to Freakin Arabian, and now Googoosh is being hacked! whats next??....:12:

check out her website!:

http://realgoogoosha.com/

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
Even though this Uzbak singer is a copy cat extreme Iranian artist have always stolen songs and styles of other artists from other country's . This is a perfect example of a well known Iranian singer Shadmehr Aghili stealing a song from a Greek singer and not crediting the Greek singer once : Original song [video=youtube;QSHWDeWyQD8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSHWDeWyQD8&sns=em[/video]
Iranian version. [video=youtube;KPSLSvws03E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPSLSvws03E&sns=em[/video]

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
she sings also in english and doesn't have the "eshveh" and dance moves of Googoosh ...
she is pretty good

In 2006, Karimova released her first music video singing a song called “Unutma Meni” (Don't Forget Me) under the stage name "GooGoosha", apparently her father′s nickname for her. According to commentators, the video was part of a campaign to promote her popularity in Uzbekistan.[5] She also performed in a later music video, singing a duet of “Besame Mucho” with Julio Iglesias.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2002
Antelope Valley,California
Before everyone blows up that rag gheirat Irani and we are the center of the world cheer , let me make couple of points:

1) Many iranian artists (some "legendary ones", in the past, have stolen songs/melodies from neighboring countries/cultures and even far lands of Greece/Latin America..................

2) While there is a good possibility that this lady wanted to capitalize on brand name of gogosh ( Atashin) ( I'm not sure how well known our gogosh is among new generation of Uzbaks), it is note worthy that Gogoosh is actually a nickname.

It has been customary among Turkic cultures to have nick names in addition to your official given name. This also true in Iran and Azarbaijan, at least up to a generation or two ago mostly in smaller azari/Turkish populated areas and villages.

Practically no kid will be called Ibrahim , they were all Ibos...All Fazl-ollah were Fazan.. And many arabic sounding names had their Cuter nick name version..Arabic Names starting with GHAF were almost assured of having a cute partner nickname. Gogoosh, while not very common, was just one of this nicknames picked for both males and females, usually in liue of Ghhodrat khanoom, Ghodrat Ollah, Ghamar, or such........Why? that is another story,

I have personally known 3 kids called Gogoosh, one male ( he always hated it but his parents kept calling him that) , and 2 females. None aspiring to be singers or becoming copy cats of Gogoosh the singer......

Again ,I'm not saying that this lady is absoluetly not capitalizing on our Gogossh fame ( if any), but it is also possible that she had this nick name or liked this nickname growing up in Turkic Culture....

The fact that she is calling herself GogooshA , with Pasvand A distinguishing female, suggest that there may be a male version in her environment and possibility that even males could have been nicknamed gogoosh.
Pasvand of "A" is russian influence distinguishing females from males in Turkic areas that lived under Soviet Union. You will even see that in Azari names ,north of border (O-Tay_).

Before passing strong and emotional judgments, lets get to know each other's culture better and learn not view everything from one particular shade of glass.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Even though this Uzbak singer is a copy cat extreme Iranian artist have always stolen songs and styles of other artists from other country's . This is a perfect example of a well known Iranian singer Shadmehr Aghili stealing a song from a Greek singer and not crediting the Greek singer once : Original song
This is very true. A while back I listened to an album in Iran from some singer, I don't remember his name. All the songs on the CD were from Greek songs mainly by Notis Sfakianakis, he had only changed the words to Farsi. The tunes were all from past famous Greek songs. I am not sure if it was Shadmehr Aghili or someone else, but am suspecting it was.

artavile

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
MD, USA
.. and now Googoosh is being hacked! whats next??....:12:
eerooni jan, what's the big deal? Googoosh herself used to sing songs from other artists back in the day. As others have already pointed out, this is a common practice specially in countries where copy right can not be enforced.

She looks good!