Gotta love Canada!

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
So the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) has a nice Mesopotamia exhibition going until tomorrow. I already saw most of the stuff in the British Museum for free, but figured it's a nice thing to do on a Saturday, especially since they have a nice wild life photography exhibition. It's freakin' $32 per person! British Museum: Free. The Louvre: Free at certain times and 16 Euros at the most expensive time. Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum: Free. Cheesy ROM: $32 per person?!!!

I'm going to make this my official rant and rave thread about Canada! lol

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
Any time you feel that ontario or alberta is screwing you over come and stay in quebec for a few months. Dude, it is idiotic here.

you go to fast food you get your food after 20 minutes. Go to timmies you get coffee after 30 minutes and then it has the wrong stuff in it.
you go to the hospital you die waiting.
you go to the ministry of justice you die of injustice.
the cops give you a ticket if you don't speak french.
all provinces are using their surplus to support these good for nothing morons here and they want to separate from the rest of Canada.

as far the IQ classification goes i would have to put French Canadians at the same level of Khomeini, Ostad asadi, George Bush and Charlton Heston.

May 21, 2003
I switched jobs in july and my commute became kind of far. I decided ... ok i will take public transportation (even though i have free parking and even free car wash) to help to keep the environment green.
When it is -25 degrees buses come 40 minutes late and all back to back ergo all drivers are hanging out together drinking coffee and chit chatting about hockey at the terminal and who gives a rat's ass about the people waiting.
Recently they decided that it is more efficient for municipalities to contract out snow removal since the city workers are fucking lazy. so what happens ...
the contract that they make with private companies is even more stupid that the city one. There is only a limited amount of snow they remove per week whether it was dry or it snowed 2 km s. this is their contract i.e. my street had a wall of ice half a metre deep for two weeks. and the fucking people don't say anything...
just like in IR people don't say or do anything....

sitcoms and reality shows have completely softened their brains and of course there is the mortgage and car payments etc etc so we cannot all go to city hall one day and complain god forbid we miss one day of slavery at our cubicles.

people who spend most of their life in prison are said to have become institutionalised meaning they cannot function outside of prison when released. I think we are all institutionalised one way or the other.

May 21, 2003
Kayvan jan boland sho bia toronto.
I would have done it in a flash if it wasn't for family. My parents are getting old and throughout most of my life i have been separated from them and this is the only time i get to spend with them REALLY getting to know each other and seeing through each other's hearts.
Otherwise, I would not even wait a minute here

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Any time you feel that ontario or alberta is screwing you over come and stay in quebec for a few months. Dude, it is idiotic here.
Keyvan Jan, at least you guys are getting education that is 50% to 75% cheaper. Same engineering or dental school program cost anywhere else in canada 2-3 time more than it cost in Quebec.

May 21, 2003
Keyvan Jan, at least you guys are getting education that is 50% to 75% cheaper. Same engineering or dental school program cost anywhere else in canada 2-3 time more than it cost in Quebec.
Well that is a good point you brought up. we USED TO get education cheap. We USED to have property cheap. The problem is that such commodities are going up astronomically but the taxes stay high and the wages freeze as opposed to alberta and ontario.
I give myself as an example, in my field, server testing automation/stress testing/DB management i could easily with 7 years experience get six digits in TO or BC here i get considerably less than that.

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
I still never understood how Quebec is able to subsidize education so much for such a quality education.
No other university in the world can pull that off.
Namarda, tax az ma migiran, bacheyahi quebecois beran montreal hal konan.:mymistake

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I would have done it in a flash if it wasn't for family. My parents are getting old and throughout most of my life i have been separated from them and this is the only time i get to spend with them REALLY getting to know each other and seeing through each other's hearts.
Otherwise, I would not even wait a minute here
Dude, bring them with you - I'm sure they'd like Toronto better than Montreal with all the Iranians here. Plus, we have the best barbari outside Iran! ;)

Having said that, everything is soooooo much more expensive here than Montreal. Public transport is just as bad, if not worse. Garbage pick-up $14 each time and every two weeks! LTT (Land Transfer Tax) and property prices are just ridiculous. The traffic situation is probably worse than Montreal now - not to mention our mayor's a crackhead! lol

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
If you are a resident of the city of Toronto, you can get free family passes to a lot of museums around town (including ROM):
http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/museum-arts-passes/

With this, you only need to pay the premium exhibit fee ($10-12 I believe) to see the Mesopotamian exhibition.
Thanks for the info Pirouz jaan. It would still be $16 per person for the Mesopotamia and the wild life picture exhibits even after all that work (none of the libraries in our area have the card and we don't even have a library card any more :(). It's not really the extra $16 that bothers me, it's the fact that we're getting screwed with everything here. I don't even shop here any more - just buy online and pick it up from Niagara Falls for 1/2 to 1/3 of the price. Generally speaking, restaurants and the food quality suck for what we pay here. We pay a hidden tax on everything on top of some of the highest taxes in the G20.

Bi-honar jan, agha are y'all talking about Niagara Falls US or the Canadian side ? We go to Buffalo and Niagara Falls (US) at least twice a year for Hockey tournaments and man O man all I see there is Canadian plates !!!! I tell you, 6 out of ten cars in NF have Canadian plates !!!

Thanks for the info Pirouz jaan. It would still be $16 per person for the Mesopotamia and the wild life picture exhibits even after all that work (none of the libraries in our area have the card and we don't even have a library card any more :(). It's not really the extra $16 that bothers me, it's the fact that we're getting screwed with everything here. I don't even shop here any more - just buy online and pick it up from Niagara Falls for 1/2 to 1/3 of the price. Generally speaking, restaurants and the food quality suck for what we pay here. We pay a hidden tax on everything on top of some of the highest taxes in the G20.

My brother in law left Montreal to Toronto this Morning as he was fed up with the stupid politic, road conditions and the language of course...

He had a very good earning in Quebec but he could never get any higher position just because he's been always struggling with french language

Even thou I've never had problem living and working in Quebec but I have a feeling I will follow his footsteps on 401 .

I always had a dream to live in BC but some family ties blocked this decision .... I hope I can move there some day

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Love it or leave it bro :) so glad to be part of this beautiful country.
Dude, you're living in the beautiful west coast with mild temperatures, good scenery, best outdoor parties in the country, and excellent quality food for what you pay at least - the only bad thing you guys have in common with us is the high real estate prices which is probably understandable given all the other positives and the fact that you don't have a crack-head for a mayor!

Pasho bia inja, do se rooz barf paroo kon keh poshte sare in Chinia raanandegi koni, you'll either go crazy or be back in BC in a jiffy! ;)

Look, Canada is a beautiful country, I'm not denying that. It is also one of the best countries in the world to live in and has some of the most tolerant people in the world, I'm not denying that. But Toronto's EXTREMELY expensive in terms of taxation and the quality of life and services we receive, more so than any other city I have ever been too and that includes all the usual suspects in Nordic countries (other than Oslo) and Geneva. Paying lots for something is okay, but paying lots for what others get at half or a third of the cost is ridiculous IMHO.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Bi-honar jan, agha are y'all talking about Niagara Falls US or the Canadian side ? We go to Buffalo and Niagara Falls (US) at least twice a year for Hockey tournaments and man O man all I see there is Canadian plates !!!! I tell you, 6 out of ten cars in NF have Canadian plates !!!
Yeah maan, everyone goes there to shop at much lower prices and sooooo many Canadians drive to the US to fly out from there 'cause flights are cheaper. I'll give you an example... Over the summer, I found an Air Canada flight from Detroit to Istanbul for $670 including taxes. It would take off in Detroit and you'd change planes in Toronto. If I was to get onto the 2nd segment of the flight in Toronto (i.e. travel even less), the price was $1,400 including taxes - more than double with one less flight! There's obviously no logic to that - they do that (stick it to us) because they can!

We pay 30-50% more for cars up here - they used to say that was because of the Canadian dollar being less and all the freight charges and so on, until someone did research last year (when the Canadian dollar was actually above parity) and it turns out that we were paying 40% more than you guys for cars that were even manufactured in Canada! Why? Because they can!

Then y'all need to move South ! We've got SouthWest and you can fly cheap but not to Istanbul ! lol .......

Yeah maan, everyone goes there to shop at much lower prices and sooooo many Canadians drive to the US to fly out from there 'cause flights are cheaper. I'll give you an example... Over the summer, I found an Air Canada flight from Detroit to Istanbul for $670 including taxes. It would take off in Detroit and you'd change planes in Toronto. If I was to get onto the 2nd segment of the flight in Toronto (i.e. travel even less), the price was $1,400 including taxes - more than double with one less flight! There's obviously no logic to that - they do that (stick it to us) because they can!

We pay 30-50% more for cars up here - they used to say that was because of the Canadian dollar being less and all the freight charges and so on, until someone did research last year (when the Canadian dollar was actually above parity) and it turns out that we were paying 40% more than you guys for cars that were even manufactured in Canada! Why? Because they can!

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Top tier ticket price to watch 2014 Hockey World Junior Championship 4 preliminary games of any country in Malmo, Sweden: $200

Top tier ticket price to watch 2015 Hockey World Junior Championship 4 preliminary games of any country in Montreal, Canada $2,000!

:wake up:

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Latest Toronto Weather: :pray:

Monday Morning: Flash freeze warning in effect.

Monday Night/Tuesday: Environment Canada has issued a wind chill warning for the GTA. Wind chill of -36 expected Monday night and -41 on Tuesday morning - exposed skin may freeze in less than five minutes!

Last edited:

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
You know, Toronto is home for me, but it's such a bullshit place when it comes to prices and services. I have a feeling there's a conspiracy behind Toronto: They made Toronto just to breed a few generations of frustrated, divided and Kos-mashang humans to be used as "happy citizens" when we finally take life from Earth to some other planet.

No other group of people (especially high demanding immigrants) would accept such fucked up state of affairs so willingly. It's like there's a numbing agent in Toronto's air.