Green Movement is about to be tested

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
I think the regime is testing the waters with making a fake news and holding everyone guessing. On one hand, the news came from a semi-official news agency, so they can always refute it, If they see a lot of protests. On the other hand, if they think they can get away with arresting the leaders, they will surely not hesitate to put them behind bars. I don't think either Mousavi or Karoubi are jailed YET. If tomorrow's protests have any substantial backing by the greens, they will be released from their custody.

Jun 18, 2005
Tajrish Jan

The news came from Mousavi and Karoubi's sites. Regime actually ran a denial that they have arrested the two and their wives and claimed that they were at their homes! However, Mousavi and Karoubi's childrens say that their parents are no longer home and they have no idea where they may be.

Mousavi and Karoubi have both been arrested and that perhaps has to do with Hashemi Rafsanjani. He may have finally came around to Khare Azam's side this week.

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
FI jan, it is my understanding that everyone is guessing what has happened, since no one can really confirm of their whereabouts. I am seriously doubting that IR would make such a mistake by downright arresting them, without worrying about the consequences of their action. That is why I suspect that they intentionally hide the leaders to see and measure the green's reaction.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
Ashtar, the more important question is how many Iranians have you killed or are willing to kill to stop the move towards democracy?
The answer to your question is none. But even more important question is how many Iranians are you willing to put in harms way and be killed towards your version of democracy?

Under what circumstances would you change your mind about supporting the regime?
When somebody lays out a clear explanation of what their alternative plan to this regime will be. How they exactly plan to spend the oil revenue. How they plan to counter and fight the foreign powers and Iran's neighbors who constantly try to manipulate and alter the politics of the country. How they plan to allow those who believe in combination of religion and state participate a secular regime. How they plan to protect the borders of Iran from domestic separatists and outside invaders. How they plan to solve unemployment and education system. How they plan to limit the influence of foreign media in influencing the decisions of the domestic population. What kind of role do they see for Iran in the world. Do they want an Iran submissive to the will of other countries and powers or an Iran independent in its decision making.

And many other questions. But if anyone can answer two or even one of the above questions adequately then I will support them to replace this regime. But just sitting and saying this regime must go so that another group of "oghdehi" and perhaps more "vatan foroosh" people can come to power is not enough to make me your supporter.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
FI jan, it is my understanding that everyone is guessing what has happened, since no one can really confirm of their whereabouts. I am seriously doubting that IR would make such a mistake by downright arresting them, without worrying about the consequences of their action. That is why I suspect that they intentionally hide the leaders to see and measure the green's reaction.
Are you guys completely delusional or have gone completely senile as to forget even the events of past couple decades? You guys think that somehow Mousavi or Karoubi are more popular, influential or threatening than Banisadr who was the elected president, endorsed by Khomeini and had the backing of the MKO (who btw, were far more organized, dedicated, and violent than the "greens")? Or you guys think that these guys are any more significant than Montazeri who was officially named as Khomeini's successor, was an Ayatollah e Ozma with dedicated religious followers? If the regime could survive cutting off those significant branches you think they will somehow fall apart by tweaking these guys?

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
جوابه ابلهان خاموسییست، ولی کسی که فکر میکنه ۳۰ ساله پیش را میشه با الان مقایسه کرد واقا از ابله هم یک پا ابله تره .

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
great title Sina!:) it is indeed the test time for our ppl.
Lets see if our ppl will continue the movement without their jailed so called "leaders" or they'll stay deoendent of Mousavi and Karoubi's call to action again. Hope its not the later..

Our ppl from beginning led this movement on their own. If this movement is set to have any impact, it could have one even in the absence of its figureheads.

Lets hope our ppl dont repeat "mashrootiat" era mistake again. We can succeed regardless of iconic figures in jail. If we aim to succeed though(as Egyptians, Tunisians and Libyans aimed).

spanx

Bench Warmer
Dec 19, 2005
Friends just came from Iran, they say even though the green movement was supposed to be dead, on 25 bahman IR had forces at every inch of the street ... forcing people to form smaller crowds wherever they could ...

If that's the case again (which it will be) how can people establish a big enough crowd to form a substantial unit. Nevertheless this is definitely a test for the social and political climate of the country ... the regime is basically testing the waters and getting ready for a full on oppression

The leaders of this movement have been anything but, so it's not their strategic insight or brilliance that people will miss, but these arrests symbolize the final nail in the coffin of the movement ... If the supposed leaders of the green movement are arrested and the protests are still defused with minor fallouts then you can say goodbye to any recently gained momentum ... that's what the regime is hoping for, that's why they've ordered AN to shut the F up and not cause any more emotional response ...

all this being said, any 1 person in the streets today will represent a 1000, it is extremely intimidating to go out under these circumstances and I question if I would go had I been there ... but then again if I'd lived under such suppression all my life I'd be in the front row ...

parham79

Bench Warmer
Dec 5, 2009
I really hope i'm wrong, but dont expect a huge rowd. Speaking with people in Iran, Tehran has become a army barrick these days.Almost every intersection and maydoon is occupied by regular police and lebas shakhi traitors. Intimitdation factor is very high.

May 12, 2007
Friends just came from Iran, they say even though the green movement was supposed to be dead, on 25 bahman IR had forces at every inch of the street ... forcing people to form smaller crowds wherever they could ...

If that's the case again (which it will be) how can people establish a big enough crowd to form a substantial unit. Nevertheless this is definitely a test for the social and political climate of the country ... the regime is basically testing the waters and getting ready for a full on oppression

The leaders of this movement have been anything but, so it's not their strategic insight or brilliance that people will miss, but these arrests symbolize the final nail in the coffin of the movement ... If the supposed leaders of the green movement are arrested and the protests are still defused with minor fallouts then you can say goodbye to any recently gained momentum ... that's what the regime is hoping for, that's why they've ordered AN to shut the F up and not cause any more emotional response ...

all this being said, any 1 person in the streets today will represent a 1000, it is extremely intimidating to go out under these circumstances and I question if I would go had I been there ... but then again if I'd lived under such suppression all my life I'd be in the front row ...
Thanks. This is also my impression after my travel to Iran. The good news is that peoples determination to change Iran this time seems to be stronger than
last times. If you remember in asura days people could not become a 10,000 the frirst day but the forth day they were 500,000 in Tehran. One day will not
be enough to gather 1 million. Maybe people will also learn demonstrations will not be enough.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
The answer to your question is none. But even more important question is how many Iranians are you willing to put in harms way and be killed towards your version of democracy?
Why should there be harms way when going towards ANY version of democracy? Why harming at all? We're not living in medieval times after all!

May 12, 2007
Now that the fall of Tripoli seems imminent my "ammeh" is also getting ready to attack Ghaddafi's forces.
1- IRIs influence in ME is decreasing. Another friend of IRI is about to die
2- We learn from the process
3- There is hand above any hand
4- Why do you show up at the same time as GP? Is IranZamin right that you two are the same imposter?

May 12, 2007
Oh Gud! I came to thank Ashtar instead of Lordomorf. Administrator would you help me to remove the thank. I have to wash my hand 70,000 times