Greetings salam everyone it's good to be back.

Sherwin

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
USA
Greetings everyone,

I would first like to apologize to General Persian I said what I said out of anger because many people here were insulting me that I’m going to the US Navy. If I was going to the German Navy nobody would care but I get it many people here hate USA. For the record I was very upset when some people here called me un-Iranian because my heart bleeds green, white, and red. For the love of God I missed my own college graduation at Cal Poly because I had a flight to Munich, Germany to watch Iran play Mexico a few days later in Nuremburg.

I cried tears of joy when Iran beat USA even though I was born in America. I have not forgotten my roots my mom and dad are both from Iran and I have been to Iran in 1994, 2002, and in 2006. My mom and dad understand that I am joining the navy so I can have a job. After all I’ve been laid off now from Worley Parsons for NINE MONTHS! I need an income and there is not much my mom or dad can do. My dad in one month is about to work in Abu Dabi UAE, and my mom is a real estate agent. The problem with that is that money comes and goes in the real estate business. It’s not like I can ask my mom and dad for $20,000 to hold me over until I find another job.

I’m not some redneck hick joining the Navy to shoot some “ragheads” that is not me. Trust me if there was another way that I could have a steady source of income, I would jump on that opportunity. I probably sent over 500 resumes and I am not exaggerating. I also would go door to door and even apply for part time minimum wage jobs. We are in the worst economic times in the United States since THE GREAT DEPRESSION of the 1930’s, when unemployment was at 25%. We are not quite there but I would estimate that in Los Angeles, the city I live, the real unemployment number is probably 10%. Don’t forget people who are not actively looking for a job don’t count in the national and state unemployment rate. Also people who have part time jobs are not counted since part time still counts as having a job.

What I’m trying to say is that I am leaving to Navy boot camp May 27th in Great, Lakers Illinois. After that I leave to somewhere near Mizzou University for two months to get training for my job. From there on I will submit my Officer packet and God willing I will get accepted to Officer Candidate School in North folk, Virgina. I just want to say that I care about you all even those of you who think I’m a traitor or a liar. You are entitled to your opinion but I need to do what I need to do in order to stand on my own two feet.

I hope that we can all put this ugly episode behind us and move on from here. Oh and while I am in boot camp for two months and while I am in A school, I won’t be able to post on here so if I am not posting you know the reason. I served a six month ban for what I said and I regret it. I personally thought a six month ban for a first time offense was harsh, but I perfectly understand and it will NEVER EVER happen again no matter what some of you guys call me.

Aug 21, 2005
next door
good luck buddy, i know about the naval academy in Columbia Missouri, i used to live in Columbia for 5 years back in the day, the naval academy is located next to the medical school library and the recreation center, turfed football field, i used to play soccer there everyday in summer, they leave the lights on all night long.............when you get a chance go out there and play pick soccer games with the students, they are mostly foreign students.................

Makaveli

IPL Player
Jan 28, 2006
Sherwin, I am honored to be in your presence. You are a living legend in the Iranian forum world.

Sure you've lied about 40 times and sure you've been caught in your lies, but that's what makes you great. My gut tells me that 90% of your post above is filled with lies.

But that is all irrelevant. You have unparalleled entertainment value and I hope to God you start posting much, much more.

Sherwin

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
USA
good luck buddy, i know about the naval academy in Columbia Missouri, i used to live in Columbia for 5 years back in the day, the naval academy is located next to the medical school library and the recreation center, turfed football field, i used to play soccer there everyday in summer, they leave the lights on all night long.............when you get a chance go out there and play pick soccer games with the students, they are mostly foreign students.................[/quote]

That's good news at least I won't be the only foreign looking guy in Columbia. :)Hey I'll give you a PM if I get the night off and we can play some soccer. Honestly I'm not very good American football is my game but I wouldn't mind playing just for some fun.

Dude what I'm worried the most about is OCS(Officer Candidate School) in North folk, Virginia. They might have a Naval academy in Columbia but the Naval academy I'm going to is in North folk Virginia. They have another one in San Diego as well I guess officer side is different because on the enlisted side everyone goes to Great Lakes, Illinois. OCS is no joke man you have Marine Corps drill sgt's. If you ever watched the movie The Officer and a Gentleman starring Richard Gere, you will get an idea of what OCS is all about. Boot camp in Great, Lakes Illinois is only two months where as OCS is three. Not everyone can get selected to OCS and it's not a guarantee that I will get selected either. It's more leadership management oriented because as an officer you are viewed as a leader. The whole process from going enlisted to officer will take about ONE YEAR. In between I might get my first sea duty which is at least six months, so that might push the OCS date back even further.

My job training after my basic training is going to be in Columbia but my OCS training will be in North folk,VA.

Makaveil-No comment I don't care if you believe me or not but you are just trying to instigate a fight or get a reaction out of me and it's not going to work. I suggest you to find a hobby perhaps that will keep you preoccupied.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2005
next door
^^i do not live in Columbia anymore, i used to live there, now i am in indy...........anyhow, i love Columbia it is a small college town, there are a lot of foreign students there, back in the 80's columbia was a hub for iranians, but many of them have moved to other major cities now, there is still a pretty strong iranian community that lives there............

May 9, 2004
Greetings everyone,

I would first like to apologize to General Persian I said what I said out of anger because many people here were insulting me that I’m going to the US Navy. If I was going to the German Navy nobody would care but I get it many people here hate USA. For the record I was very upset when some people here called me un-Iranian because my heart bleeds green, white, and red. For the love of God I missed my own college graduation at Cal Poly because I had a flight to Munich, Germany to watch Iran play Mexico a few days later in Nuremburg.

I cried tears of joy when Iran beat USA even though I was born in America. I have not forgotten my roots my mom and dad are both from Iran and I have been to Iran in 1994, 2002, and in 2006. My mom and dad understand that I am joining the navy so I can have a job. After all I’ve been laid off now from Worley Parsons for NINE MONTHS! I need an income and there is not much my mom or dad can do. My dad in one month is about to work in Abu Dabi UAE, and my mom is a real estate agent. The problem with that is that money comes and goes in the real estate business. It’s not like I can ask my mom and dad for $20,000 to hold me over until I find another job.

I’m not some redneck hick joining the Navy to shoot some “ragheads” that is not me. Trust me if there was another way that I could have a steady source of income, I would jump on that opportunity. I probably sent over 500 resumes and I am not exaggerating. I also would go door to door and even apply for part time minimum wage jobs. We are in the worst economic times in the United States since THE GREAT DEPRESSION of the 1930’s, when unemployment was at 25%. We are not quite there but I would estimate that in Los Angeles, the city I live, the real unemployment number is probably 10%. Don’t forget people who are not actively looking for a job don’t count in the national and state unemployment rate. Also people who have part time jobs are not counted since part time still counts as having a job.

What I’m trying to say is that I am leaving to Navy boot camp May 27th in Great, Lakers Illinois. After that I leave to somewhere near Mizzou University for two months to get training for my job. From there on I will submit my Officer packet and God willing I will get accepted to Officer Candidate School in North folk, Virgina. I just want to say that I care about you all even those of you who think I’m a traitor or a liar. You are entitled to your opinion but I need to do what I need to do in order to stand on my own two feet.

I hope that we can all put this ugly episode behind us and move on from here. Oh and while I am in boot camp for two months and while I am in A school, I won’t be able to post on here so if I am not posting you know the reason. I served a six month ban for what I said and I regret it. I personally thought a six month ban for a first time offense was harsh, but I perfectly understand and it will NEVER EVER happen again no matter what some of you guys call me.
شروین جان
خوش امدید
و باور کنید بنده اصلا از شما دلخور نیستم
بر عکس من باید پوزش بطلبم که شما را عصبانی کردن
امیدوارم به تمامی ارزوهای قلبیت برسی
:)

May 9, 2004
good luck buddy, i know about the naval academy in Columbia Missouri, i used to live in Columbia for 5 years back in the day, the naval academy is located next to the medical school library and the recreation center, turfed football field, i used to play soccer there everyday in summer, they leave the lights on all night long.............when you get a chance go out there and play pick soccer games with the students, they are mostly foreign students.................[/quote]

That's good news at least I won't be the only foreign looking guy in Columbia. :)Hey I'll give you a PM if I get the night off and we can play some soccer. Honestly I'm not very good American football is my game but I wouldn't mind playing just for some fun.

Dude what I'm worried the most about is OCS(Officer Candidate School) in North folk, Virginia. They might have a Naval academy in Columbia but the Naval academy I'm going to is in North folk Virginia. They have another one in San Diego as well I guess officer side is different because on the enlisted side everyone goes to Great Lakes, Illinois. OCS is no joke man you have Marine Corps drill sgt's. If you ever watched the movie The Officer and a Gentleman starring Richard Gere, you will get an idea of what OCS is all about. Boot camp in Great, Lakes Illinois is only two months where as OCS is three. Not everyone can get selected to OCS and it's not a guarantee that I will get selected either. It's more leadership management oriented because as an officer you are viewed as a leader. The whole process from going enlisted to officer will take about ONE YEAR. In between I might get my first sea duty which is at least six months, so that might push the OCS date back even further.

My job training after my basic training is going to be in Columbia but my OCS training will be in North folk,VA.

Makaveil-No comment I don't care if you believe me or not but you are just trying to instigate a fight or get a reaction out of me and it's not going to work. I suggest you to find a hobby perhaps that will keep you preoccupied.
I saw that movie ;)

Sherwin

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
USA
My friend that will give you an idea of what kind of hell I will be going through, if God willing I get selected to OCS. On another note I would like to apologize to you what I said six months ago was extremely unprofessional on my part. I hope that everything is water under the bridge my friend.

Just to let you know it is very difficult to get selected to Officer Candidate school. first you need good grades from college, good recommendations while you are enlisted from your superiors, and you need to go through a review board where officers will determine if you are officer material. The whole process from day 1 of enlisted boot camp through OCS takes about one full year.

Oh and by the way I just finished the 2nd grade for Persian/Farsi, so I was almost able to read everything you wrote. I want to at least finish the sixth grade because in the NAVY if you pass the Persian fluency test, they give you a $10,000 US bonus and an extra $500 a month. That is not the reason why I'm learning Persian I want to read books in this beautiful language and read poetry from people like Khayam(SP) and Hafez. If my mother and father can read and write this language there is no reason why I can't. I'm not going to use born in the United States an an excuse not to learn how to read and write. At least I can fluently speak the language so that's a start.

They give you good discounts at the Navy Store and no tax so I want to buy Rozetta Stone and continue on my Persian.

Last edited:

Sherwin

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
USA
welcome back Sherwin jan, all the best on ur career path. :)
Damet garm Nilou jan. I'll actually be getting a 50% pay cut from my previous job working at Worley Parsons, but 50% of something is better than NOTHING. At least for the next five years I am going to have job stability. I am hoping that the military leadership I will learn as an officer will help me in my civilian corporate career when I retire from the Navy. In at least American culture if everything else is equal, generally speaking they will give the promotion to the military person. On top of that at least I will get 100% assistence with my MBA tuition which is fantastic. If I want to persue a career in academia, I can even get my D.BA(Doctorate in Business Administration) and teach at a University.

I'm getting ahead of myself though because first thing is first I need to get through boot camp ALIVE.

ball_hugger

Bench Warmer
Feb 11, 2005
good luck sherwin, you are doing the right thing... if I was in your situation I might join the navy too who knows alot of people might despite what they say, its an excellent experience and pays fairly well.

also its a very honorable job

gl

Makaveli

IPL Player
Jan 28, 2006
Baradar, I think you misunderstood me.

I mean it with every ounce of my being that Sherwin has a special place in my heart. Almost everyone here will be gone and forgotten and no one would bat an eye. You however will remain in the consciousness of many. I've been debating over TM and line-ups and formations for years now, and no moment is as memorable as the many moments that you have given people. So please, don't misunderstand me. I appreciate you more than any other member here.

:4kerim:

Sherwin

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
USA
good luck sherwin, you are doing the right thing... if I was in your situation I might join the navy too who knows alot of people might despite what they say, its an excellent experience and pays fairly well.

also its a very honorable job

gl
Damet garm I really appreciate it. When you count the benefits it's actually not bad. If I get relocated to San Diego as an example, they will give me about $1500 a month just for rent. On top of that you get full medical, dental, some money for food like $200 a month, and there is a Navy store where you pay 0% tax. California just raised the sales tax to 9.25% from 8.25%, so that is a nice added incentive. On top of that you get an extra $400-500 a month if you decide to go for sea duty. The sea duty is on a 3-1 rotation so if you spend 6 months at sea, you get 18 months on land. It also looks nice on your resume and it will help your military career. On top of that I love traveling and you get to travel all over the WORLD.

Right now my dad is going to Abu Dabi with his CA based engineering company, and my mom is a real estate agent. I"m sure you know about how bad the real estate market is in Southern California, so she really can't help me financially. Basically I'm on my own and I got to be my own mom and dad. What's important is that I will be financially independent and I can finally start living my own life.

When you are living under the roof of your mom and dad at 27, it's really hard to call yourself a man. I know in our culture it's acceptable but it's not acceptable to me. Thank you for your support my friend and hopefully this will help me in my corporate career. Many fortune 500 companies hire ex military officers such as IBM who hires ex Naval officers. It's an excellent opportunity to network and get connections.

At leat I'm going to be a Naval officer hopefully and I'm not going to the ARMY or Marine Corps. The Navy and Air Force are the safest branches, and it's more difficult to get into those two branches over Army and Marines. Basically those guys will accept anyone.

Once again thank you for your support my friend. Don't get me wrong I have love for the USA:usa1: but my heart belongs to :Iran1:. I will never forget my roots and the first word in Iranian American is Iranian. After all Iran is the nation where my mother and father were born.

The only downside is that I won't be able to visit Iran anymore at leat not while I am in the US Navy lol.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
sardar, in baba farsi harf zadan ham balad nist, che berese be khoondan!
He did say he can almost read and write everything farsi and has been reading hafez. I don’t think what GP said is harder than Iranian poetry but then again we are talking about Sherwin so he could making it all up.

Sherwin

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
USA
Maziar and ABehrooz jan I never said I am fluent in reading Faris I am WORKING ON IT. At least give me credit that I want to learn how to read Farsi/Persian and I am trying my best. I am hoping that after I finish the 3rd and 4th grade, I will be able to read a Persian newspaper. Guys why are you guys still giving me a hard time? My goal is to one day be able to read Farsi Persian I'm sorry I was not born in Iran but I still want to learn this language, so give me a break guys. I never said I can read Persian poetry I still haven't finished the 2nd grade so give me a break.

Tehol Bedict

Aug 6, 2021
Helvetia 🇨🇭
Maziar and ABehrooz jan I never said I am fluent in reading Faris I am WORKING ON IT. At least give me credit that I want to learn how to read Farsi/Persian and I am trying my best. I am hoping that after I finish the 3rd and 4th grade, I will be able to read a Persian newspaper. Guys why are you guys still giving me a hard time? My goal is to one day be able to read Farsi Persian I'm sorry I was not born in Iran but I still want to learn this language, so give me a break guys. I never said I can read Persian poetry I still haven't finished the 2nd grade so give me a break.
Sherwin how did this progress...? Hopefully you kept at it.

I saw this thread and it gave me deja-vu about what's going on now

http://forums.iransportspress.com/i...-mccains-letter-to-the-russian-embassy.53254/