Guardiola stays on for 1 more year

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
Thats really big news for Barca fans, more important to keep guardiola IMO than any other player signing IMO. congratulations to you

IPride

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I'm happy he's staying. The biggest reason why Barca is successful is because of the sense of calm and stability that reigns over the team. Had Guardiola left it would have got ugly.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I don't get it. Why would Guardiola not stay? Where would he go better than Barca anyway?
Ok but wouldn't you love to see threads titled:

"Guardiola leaves Barca, we should get him for Team Melli"

"IFF should snatch Guardiola before it's too late"

"Poll: Who is a better coach for Team Melli? Ghotbi or Guardiola?"

"Guardiola should complete his resume by taking over Iran"

"IFF in serious talks with Guardiola"

"Guardiola leaves Barcelona to coach Iran"

"Guardiola loves Iran"

and so on

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
I don't get it. Why would Guardiola not stay? Where would he go better than Barca anyway?
It's complicated but yeah, he couldn't go to any other club in a better position than Barca. I really have to laugh at all the rumours about him and ManU. Why should he leave a club in good financial health, with a backbone consisting of Pique-Iniesta-Messi for the next 5 years and go to a club with 716 Million Pounds of debt?
But it has a lot to do with the new presidential group and players(they should do it) carrying through his ideas and if they don't, he wants to have the freedom to leave at any time.

Then again as discussed before Guardiola needs more power than being a coach as a matter of fact he want to have more votes and take over Tixiki's job as a sports director to have hands on transfers and co-ordinate the whole show while holding his current coaching position, Which to me is a very good thing for the sake of the club . I believe Laporta promised him the position and he is waiting to see what happens with the presidential election and to see what he gets and what he doesn't after the election . At lease this is my understanding of this decision unless I am wrong but I think Mahdi can say more about it

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Then again as discussed before Guardiola needs more power than being a coach as a matter of fact he want to have more votes and take over Tixiki's job as a sports director to have hands on transfers and co-ordinate the whole show while holding his current coaching position, Which to me is a very good thing for the sake of the club . I believe Laporta promised him the position and he is waiting to see what happens with the presidential election and to see what he gets and what he doesn't after the election . At lease this is my understanding of this decision unless I am wrong but I think Mahdi can say more about it
These top coaches want more power, they want to pick their own players. It is very common in American Sports as well. Bill Parcells said it best, "If you want me to cook you might as well let me shop for the ingredients."

These top coaches want more power, they want to pick their own players. It is very common in American Sports as well. Bill Parcells said it best, "If you want me to cook you might as well let me shop for the ingredients."
Well this is how it works in Almost 90% of EPL . Why has not been a regulation in Spain then I really don't know

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
ok Im delaying on finishing my lunch(at work) until I reply here cuz couldnt hold myself back!lol

Excellent news, its great to have him on board until next season. :)

but,but, and plz plz dont take it personally bc I know how much you love him and what he's done for Barcelona: I disagree with your "life-long contract" suggestion. cuz first of all, Barca isnt the same FLAWLESS team as it was last season, so we'll most likely(if not surely) notice a decreased number of Trophies won by Barca this season.. bc the team and squad are just not as motivated as last season..and thats not good news for any club and coach..remember how Wenger's job was (rightly maybe!) threatened end of last season bc Arsenal was soooo crap, and players so out of motivation? well guess what? by that losing-job threat, Wenger bounced back much much stronger, actually CHANGED Arsenal's typical 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 this season, somehow managed to motivate our players a lot, and we are in to compete for EPL title this season, and Arsenal squad doesnt seem like aiming for anything less..

I hope you know what Im saying..cuz the last thing I want, is great Guardiola being victimized like Rijkaard by Barca club..bc of having 1-2 less impressive team performance/result..

Right now everything that should be happening for this club is happening.

They are head and shoulders above everyone else in Europe. As a matter of fact in the world.
lol, I beg to differ Keyvan jan! :) Barca is NOT head and shoulder above everyone else in Europe THIS SEASON. Unfortunately so..but Im pretty sure they have the resources, integrity and will-power to bounce back even stronger next season. :)

"Guardiola loves Iran"

and so on
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!:D :D :D hahahha omg cant stop laughing at this!!! yani khoda boood Soroush!! haha thanx for the laugh! needed it a lot after a long day at work so far!!lol :)

Well this is how it works in Almost 90% of EPL . Why has not been a regulation in Spain then I really don't know
Again disagreed, look how screwed up that "sport director idea, hence reduced coaching power in transfer market" has been in EPL..ie: Mark Hughes at Man City is a perfect example, and any Chelsea coach for that matter who has been in charge so far..or even Portsmouth..

On the other hand, you notice a much more improving and enhanced team success when the coach is given FULL CONTROL in Transfer market, with proper financial means of course. ie,Ferguson at ManU and Wenger at Arsenal. even if they fail miserably one season(4 seasons in Wenger's case!:D), these kind of managed teams/coaches will bounce back much much STRONGER the following season, bc Ferguson and Wenger have always had full control of Transfer market, hence any mistake they make, coaches are the only ones being held accountable for their mistakes(so no excuse of corrupted club management,etc as in Man City, Liverpool, RealM) and hence they'll do their BEST to prove pundits wrong and win title following season, just to prove pundits are wrong when they claim that they(Ferguson and Wenger) as legendary/smart coaches, are 'just not good enough anymore'..!

Feb 4, 2005

"Guardiola loves Iran"

and so on
LOOOL!

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
ok Im delaying on finishing my lunch(at work) until I reply here cuz couldnt hold myself back!lol

Excellent news, its great to have him on board until next season. :)

but,but, and plz plz dont take it personally bc I know how much you love him and what he's done for Barcelona: I disagree with your "life-long contract" suggestion. cuz first of all, Barca isnt the same FLAWLESS team as it was last season, so we'll most likely(if not surely) notice a decreased number of Trophies won by Barca this season.. bc the team and squad are just not as motivated as last season..and thats not good news for any club and coach..remember how Wenger's job was (rightly maybe!) threatened end of last season bc Arsenal was soooo crap, and players so out of motivation? well guess what? by that losing-job threat, Wenger bounced back much much stronger, actually CHANGED Arsenal's typical 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 this season, somehow managed to motivate our players a lot, and we are in to compete for EPL title this season, and Arsenal squad doesnt seem like aiming for anything less..

I hope you know what Im saying..cuz the last thing I want, is great Guardiola being victimized like Rijkaard by Barca club..bc of having 1-2 less impressive team performance/result..
I'm sorry but what you say is not true...

You say that they were "flawless" last season, which is simply not true. In fact, their positioning is better this season and correct me if I'm wrong, but they are still unbeaten this season, unlike last.

You say their hunger is not the same....duh...
But I would really like to see ANY team in the world after 6 trophies won fight until the very last breath in a difficult stadium and be hurt over getting knocked out in the cup no one gives a fuck about.
Besides, they could and should have rolled over Sevilla too. They did it in the home game in the league at least and should have in the cup too.
So puhlease..

Besides, with all due respect, you don't seem to understand what Guardiola means and his not only symbolic value. If you like it, he is some kind of messianic figure...at least for most players.

Aug 26, 2005
I'm guessing it would be like Gerrard becoming coach, winning everything in his first year, etc....they'd probably give him the club, let alone make him coach as long as he likes.

Feb 4, 2005
I'm guessing it would be like Gerrard becoming coach, winning everything in his first year, etc....they'd probably give him the club, let alone make him coach as long as he likes.
Avallan keh alan mageh too australi nesfeh shab nist, ya shoma khab mageh nadari. Dovomman what you said is considered a fairy tale (gerrard win everything, etc.)

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
add a couple things to it...

imagine Gerrard coming in as coach, making every player in your squad better every day, turning some kid from the youth into the world's best player by being a good friend and telling him it's enough to beat just one opponent and no need to beat 10, turning a pale, small guy, into a leader who even tells the biggest arrogant cock in the game to shut up, holding press conferences in scouserish and english etc. etc. etc.

but like I said, it's not so much about what he did as a coach for the team. It's a lot more. He changed the culture of the club and if we win in Bernabeu, also the history forever.

And let's just say that if he didn't feel that his team is motivated, he wouldn't have extended, so what Nilou says makes even less sense.

Aug 26, 2005
Avallan keh alan mageh too australi nesfeh shab nist, ya shoma khab mageh nadari. Dovomman what you said is considered a fairy tale (gerrard win everything, etc.)
Avalan: It's the holidays Nader jan ;). I am watching Liverpool beat Spurs 1-0. Dovoman: Gerrard sarvare harchi Manc-e.

Nilou says makes even less sense.
It's a habit she needs to cut out ;).