Guess who is paying lower taxes than his secretary now?

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
I don't understand. What has blown up in his face?

He paid a lower rate than his secretary which is what he's been against. You're not suggesting Obama filed his own taxes and tried to violate the law are you?!!
He is a hypocrite who is shedding tears over not paying enough taxes but can simply instruct his accountant to cut a check for another 5% so he wouldn't have to carry this enormous burden. It is like a thief who says please stop me otherwise I will have to keep stealing. Well, just don't. The other fallacy is that apparently a millionaire tax isn't enough. He has to tax even more people. Not to mention that this whole thing is nothing but a stunt. Effective rate for most taxpayers is closer to 10% anyway.

ps

Hey Mahdi, your statistics is in shatters. 60-40 conservatives on this board? Look here, it is more like 1-10 before this is all over. At least admit to who you are.

Oct 20, 2003
He is a hypocrite who is shedding tears over not paying enough taxes but can simply instruct his accountant to cut a check for another 5% so he wouldn't have to carry this enormous burden.
I don't think you understand the meaning of a hypocrite. A hypocrite would not have advocated raising taxes on the rich including himself.
It is like a thief who says please stop me otherwise I will have to keep stealing.
You must have spent sometime to come up with this analogy, but you could not have been more irrelevant with this comparison. This silly notion that Buffet or Obama cut a check in addition to their lawful taxes is rubbish, it would not solve the problem, all the millionaires would have to pay more. 40 cents of each $ the government spends is borrowed, yet the GOP wants to fix the problem by spending alone, anybody who knows basic math knows it is impossible.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Some of you boys have been blinded by media.
18 months ago Obama goes on national TV and says it is absolutely wrong for buffet to be paying a lower tax rate than his secretary..........what are you guys totally brainwashed!!????
Have you lost the capacity to think straight??? What - have you lost your individuality and identity? do you see everything as a blue vs. red? If so, then let me assure you - politics is not football - you are far far away from democracy.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
This silly notion that Buffet or Obama cut a check in addition to their lawful taxes is rubbish, it would not solve the problem,
It would solve their secretaries problem. The man is sitting across the office from her. Knows he is paying less than she does. Why didn't he a cut a check and give it to her?You want to fix all the problems in the world at once? If Red Cross calls me for a donation, should I say I have to wait for everybody else to pay first? No, DO YOUR PART.

Besides, he is not a millionaire and he is still paying less than his secretary. So what is the lesson? Include more people in his tax raising scheme? Using your secretary is not making economic policy. What he really wants to do is to raise capital gains rate but he is too much of a crook to come out and say it.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
ps

Hey Mahdi, your statistics is in shatters. 60-40 conservatives on this board? Look here, it is more like 1-10 before this is all over. At least admit to who you are.
why? because people tell you that you don't know what a hypocrite is? that's why it's 1-10? LOL! you're a bit sensitive I guess.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
All the libs are coming out of the woodwork. The sad thing is you can't admit to who you are. Your buddy is hoarding his money while at the same time shedding tears for his secretary. That is worse than a hypocrite. And he better lower that $1mil to $800K. That's what happens when you set economic policy based on what a bunch of goofballs around you say. He has become an utter joke.

Oct 20, 2003
It would solve their secretaries problem. The man is sitting across the office from her. Knows he is paying less than she does. Why didn't he a cut a check and give it to her?You want to fix all the problems in the world at once? If Red Cross calls me for a donation, should I say I have to wait for everybody else to pay first? No, DO YOUR PART.

Besides, he is not a millionaire and he is still paying less than his secretary. So what is the lesson? Include more people in his tax raising scheme? Using your secretary is not making economic policy. What he really wants to do is to raise capital gains rate but he is too much of a crook to come out and say it.
LOOL, you seem to think that it is a secretarial pay issue. It is the deficit issue. I cannot believe what you have written here. He paid 20% of his gross income to charities. Solving the financial problems of this country is not akin to charitable contribution to Red Cross it is massive and requires massive sacrifice from people who took advantage of unwarranted give away to the rich during the Bush era.
The economic policy should be what Simpson Bowles committee suggested, but the GOP knock it down because it had tax increases, they think they can solve the deficit problem on the back of less fortunate taxpayers. It wont work.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
No rent, no mortgage, no grocery bills, no gas bill, no car repair, no utility bills, no insurance, and most importantly, free air and hotel to a vacation destination of my choosing. Heck, I give 50% to charity.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
All the libs are coming out of the woodwork. The sad thing is you can't admit to who you are. Your buddy is hoarding his money while at the same time shedding tears for his secretary. That is worse than a hypocrite. And he better lower that $1mil to $800K. That's what happens when you set economic policy based on what a bunch of goofballs around you say. He has become an utter joke.
a) which libs? Those that try to explain to you what a hypocrite is? b) I didn't know Obama decided himself how much he earns and how much he has to pay in taxes c) You try very very very hard to prove to those who came out in your defense to claim that you're not a troll that you actually ARE a troll.

In this thread you have gone from not knowing what a hypocrite is and being exposed on that, to now coming up with some other random BS as if Obama when he became president decided himself how much taxes he will have to pay and that Obama, who would have to pay more taxes with a new tax code he is proposing himself, is a "hypocrite" because he pays less taxes. Sorry, a person like that is actually, according to you, worse than a hypocrite. Only people who pay little taxes and want this to be like this in the future, no matter how little sense it makes, are good people. Who else is a hypocrite? Buffet? Like seriously dude, it's just bad! Think of all these poor guys who came in your defense and claimed you're not a troll and now you just prove them wrong with every post you make. Just think about it...you are just disappointing your mates here.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
I can see spit all over your screen. Cool it before you get a heart attack.

Now, what are you screaming about? Both Buffet and Obama are first rate demagogue. I-pay-less-than-my-secretary is just a shinny spoon. Obama's income proved that his magic million dollar mark isn't good enough. He needs to lower it. There goes his grand theory. So what are we supposed to do? Go around the country and ask every boss to see if he makes more or less than his secretary? What about those who don't have a secretary? What about the rest of the country? This is starting to look like a middle school project. Does this plan have the approval of his lofty Council of Economic Advisors? I haven't heard anything from them. They are apparently told to shut up so he can demagogue the issue some more. NOBODY is behind this plan other than politicians and a few hacks like you.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
I can see spit all over your screen. Cool it before you get a heart attack.

Now, what are you screaming about? Both Buffet and Obama are first rate demagogue. I-pay-less-than-my-secretary is just a shinny spoon. Obama's income proved that his magic million dollar mark isn't good enough. He needs to lower it. There goes his grand theory. So what are we supposed to do? Go around the country and ask every boss to see if he makes more or less than his secretary? What about those who don't have a secretary? What about the rest of the country? This is starting to look like a middle school project. Does this plan have the approval of his lofty Council of Economic Advisors? I haven't heard anything from them. They are apparently told to shut up so he can demagogue the issue some more. NOBODY is behind this plan other than politicians and a few hacks like you.
2 options

1) you're a troll
2) you're just not intelligent

Every boss makes more money than his secretary. It's about taxes you pay. And once again, you don't actually bother to reply to the argument but run around in circles. Don't have time to reply to either trolls nor people of little intelligence. Sorry!