Guus and Diego might join forces

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/nov/22/guus-hiddink-diego-maradona-argentina

Guus Hiddink in line to join forces with Diego Maradona at World Cup

• Dutch coach told to expect approach from Argentina
• Hiddink also linked with return to Chelsea next season

Guus Hiddink could be at the World Cup with Argentina in the role of No2 to Diego Maradona. Photograph: Tom Jenkins

Guus Hiddink could be set for a surprise move to become the joint coach of the Argentina national team with Diego Maradona. Hiddink's Russia failed to reach the 2010 World Cup finals last week but the Dutch coach has been told to expect an approach from the Argentinian federation to work alongside Maradona.
"That would not be a bad idea, would it?" Hiddink was quoted as saying in the Sunday Mirror. "We know each other well. It even makes me smile thinking about it. But I do have a contract with Russia, which covers the period of the World Cup.''
The former Argentina coach Carlos Bilardo was appointed as Maradona's No2 but the pair reportedly do not get on. Hiddink's pedigree at World Cup finals is impressive. He has enjoyed success with Holland, South Korea and Australia at the last three tournaments.
However, he could instead return to Chelsea next season as a technical director. The 63-year-old said: "I love my job and I like working at the highest level. But right now I don't feel too good. The knockout from the World Cup has affected me. At a moment like this I wonder if I actually want to carry on coaching.
"I have the energy for it, but age and experience play a part in all this. I want to take my time and I won't make a decision before the end of January."

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
and what is diego mehdi?

daste khare ablimo zade ?
well...the idea has always been from the beginning that Diego shouldn't have a role with tactics, but he should only do the team building and come up with the idea of football and motivate the players, as he is to most of them some kind of idol. His job was supposed to be that of Klinsmann in WC06. Bilardo, Batista and others were supposed to do the real work. Somehow, it didn't work out, specially with Bilardo, for whatever reason.