HAHAHA! Cesc's Mom to Wenger on Barca Class of 1987

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
San Diego Armando Maradona, CA
Wenger: “Fabregas and Messi are completely different players. What is interesting is that they played together in the youth team.

When I spoke with Fabregas’s mother when she brought him here at 16, she said they always won 6-0, 7-0, 8-0 or 9-0 because Pique, Messi and Fabregas played in the same team.

Fascinating stuff. The interesting things is how easily Barca gave away Cesc and Pique to Arsenal and United. What were they thinking? Pique returned for almost nothing but Cesc would cost 40 mil+.

IPride

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Thats right but now name those who are playing the same position as Cesc at Barca!

I say they are better than Cesc.
Thanks Chinaski.

Xavi has always been better than Cesc but no one can replace him better than Cesc when he chooses to step out.

I wonder if Guardiola can play a 4-4-2 formation including Cesc, Xavi and Iniesta. How is total football compromised with a 4-4-2 formation? any strategists?

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Fascinating stuff. The interesting things is how easily Barca gave away Cesc and Pique to Arsenal and United. What were they thinking? Pique returned for almost nothing but Cesc would cost 40 mil+.
It's not that easy though. Cesc left because he had a contract issue and he saw no way to break into the team because of Xavi and Iniesta.

With Pique, the problem was that his grandfather Amadeu Bernabeu was a former vice president under Nuñez and when the new group came, he was kind of sent out.
Piqué wouldn't have returned either if it wasn't for Tito Vilanova.

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
San Diego Armando Maradona, CA
Well I would say kudos to Barca for letting a gem like Cecs go. With Xavi being the first choice, Cesc's career would've probably been a lot less shiny if he had stayed. And let's say at some point Xavi would've been benched for Fabregas. How fair would that be?
I don't think Barca let him leave just because of good intentions. As Mahdi pointed out he had a contract issue with them. I'm sure they would have kept him if they knew about his true potentials. They could have possibly renewed his contract and then loaned him to a Laliga side.

And Cesc could have been easily in the Barca squad all these years regardless of Xavi and Iniesta being there. Adopting rotation system is a must these days for all top teams and Cesc could have easily been part of it. He is only 22 while Xavi just turned 30.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
I don't actually think that Cesc would have turned that good at Barcelona. his game got a whole new dimension in England, much better tackler, much better shooter etc. so it was the best for everyone involved to go abroad. He can always come back and will probably do so once Xavi gets older.

sarang

Bench Warmer
Nov 10, 2007
Newcastle
i think the move was best thing could happen to Fabbi tbh there isnt many players who are 22 and have that much experience.
btw i think his good as xavi if not better

Sep 25, 2005
going to Premier League was a good experience for both Cesc and Pique and especially for Cesc, it improved their games. People here have pretty much summed it up already.

When Xavi goes Cesc would be an ideal replacement, but I rate Xavi higher.

SirAlex

National Team Player
May 6, 2007
As for Cesc, he could not have wished for a better manager-instructor than Wenger. Also, he could not have been put in such pivotal position (Captain) as a Captain with several years of first team appearance under his belt at the age of 20 in any other club.

Pique: At United, he was built (both footballing wise and attitude wise) by the greatest manager of all time and was an understudy to two of world's best center backs. He's a great brave player with big heart. Good luck to him, but our own Jonny Evans is as good if not better than Pique.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
From what i have seen in my 7 trips to Spain, the spaniards are generally nice and calm people but you find amazingly high number of ugly beings among them. Italians though baateneshoon kharaabe por az doroogho daghalan but they look better than the spaniards.

I dont know how she looks like but i guess...

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
From what i have seen in my 7 trips to Spain, the spaniards are generally nice and calm people but you find amazingly high number of ugly beings among them. Italians though baateneshoon kharaabe por az doroogho daghalan but they look better than the spaniards.

I dont know how she looks like but i guess...
all my years in europe i only dated Italian and Swedish with a few exceptions of Serbs, croats, macedons...

Italians are by far, THE BEST and they have the potential to be THE WORST gf /wives/whatevers in the world.

actually no. Iranian chicks have the potential to be THE WORST in the world.

bro, Spanish chicks, some of them, are so hoooooooooooooooot and so warm in person you just want to put some whipped cream on them and have them for desert.

they could get bitchy and cranky though (specially when they don't go shopping)

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
lol well as i said, they are warmhearted and actually not as hot or better say bad tempered as lets say sicillians but you DEFINITELY find more beautiful women in Italy than in Spain which is a shame because i like the spanish mentality by far better than the italian. However there are big regional differences in Spain. I have been to Catalunia, Galicia and in Jerez of Andalusia and the Catalans are by far the most calm southerners i have ever seen. They are actually a little bit melancholic and reserved but from all i have seen and experienced they are correct to you aslong as you are correct to them.