Happening now...

Dec 10, 2022
IR's other ally, is already being crippled by the winter and being unable to launch any new offensives to breakthrough. Russia's quagmire is growing by the day.

Also, the USA is sending Ukraine patriot missile defense systems...

=================

Exclusive: US finalizing plans to send Patriot missile defense system to Ukraine

The Biden administration is finalizing plans to send the Patriot missile defense system to Ukraine that could be announced as soon as this week, according to two US officials and a senior administration official.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/12/13/politics/us-patriot-missile-defense-system-ukraine/index.html

Nov 15, 2022
To discredit the protesters, they send a bunch of hags to Europe to walk around naked with shir o khorshid flags. To discredit opposition leaders, they convince simpletons to bash anyone who tries to do something...in the name of helping the one guy who does nothing!

If IR was half as competent or even interested in governance as they are in protecting their own power, they'd be one of the best systems in the world, hands down!

Oct 18, 2002
Sydney, Australia
I still watch Iran International clips but a lot of their reporting is now distracting people.

Of course, they still share the highest quantity of clips from Iran which is valuable. They share the most videos of what is happening in Iran

But there are so many poorly researched pieces and misinformation (eg tweets about Nika shakarami's sexuality, repeated fake news about exit strategy of mullahs) which detract from actual events going on. It feels like they make up a lot of stuff without any evidence, which impacts trust on actual events.

And of course, there's these posts:

The context being that their ignored/censored the commentary from the Pahlavi family over the last week, but are happy to promote MEK like this.

I know of course that they are funded by Saudi, which is why they may, intentionally or not, pull the rug from under the Iranian people when the time comes.

Call me naive, but I don't think a support of all output from one channel just because they are hated by IR is a good idea. Some of their stuff reflects their ownership and I don't think Saudi interests are in line with Iranian interests.
Yes, I’ve long been suspicious of Iran International. Some of its “scoops” or “exclusives” pieces are either common knowledge already, or that highly speculative that it doesn’t seem to have any grounds in fact.
You’re absolutely right that we need to be careful of the application of the age old adage of “the enemy of my enemy is my friend”.

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA

iran-emrooz.net | Wed, 14.12.2022, 14:15
میرسلیم: معترضان باید در فاصله ۵ تا ۱۰ روز پس از بازداشت اعدام شوند!

مصطفی میرسلیم، نماینده مجلس، ضمن «حمایت قاطع» از احکام صادرشده توسط قوه قضائیه جمهوری اسلامی علیه معترضان گفت، فاصله بین دستگیری معترضان «تا اعدام آن‌ها بسیار زیاد است.»
او گفت، متهمان باید در فاصله ۵ یا ۱۰ روز بعد از دستگیری اعدام شوند.
درخواست میرسلیم برای سرعت‌دادن به اعدام معترضان در حالی صورت می‌گیرد که فرزند او مهدی میرسلیم، پیش از این‌ به اتهام همکاری با مخالفان جمهوری اسلامی در سال ۹۸ بازداشت شد و پرونده او دست‌کم یک سال در دادگاه‌های مختلف مورد بررسی قرار گرفت.
او که به اتهام «اجتماع و تبانی به قصد اقدام علیه امنیت ملی» به ۵ سال زندان محکوم شده بود، نیمی از مدت حبس خود را مشمول عفو شد.
میرسلیم پیشتر در زمینه بازداشت فرزند خود به «تسنیم» گفته بود، زندان مجازات مناسبی برای پسر او نیست و آن را مکانی خطرناک برای فرزند خود دانسته بود.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
با تصویب قطعنامه‌ پیشنهادی ایالات متحده در نشست شورای اقتصادی و اجتماعی سازمان ملل متحد، جمهوری اسلامی از کمیسیون مقام زن این سازمان اخراج شد.
این قطعنامه‌ با هدف اخراج جمهوری اسلامی از کمیسیون مقام زن سازمان ملل متحد به دلیل سرکوب سیستماتیک زنان در ایران از جمله در جریان خیزش سراسری، به رای گذاشته شد و با اکثریت آرا در این نشست رای آورد.
در نشست روز چهارشنبه ۲۳ آذر شورای اقتصادی و اجتماعی سازمان ملل، ۲۹ کشور به این قطعنامه رای مثبت دادند، هشت کشور رای مخالف و ۱۶ کشور رای ممتنع و به این ترتیب این قطعنامه تصویب شد.

Feb 4, 2005
با تصویب قطعنامه‌ پیشنهادی ایالات متحده در نشست شورای اقتصادی و اجتماعی سازمان ملل متحد، جمهوری اسلامی از کمیسیون مقام زن این سازمان اخراج شد.
این قطعنامه‌ با هدف اخراج جمهوری اسلامی از کمیسیون مقام زن سازمان ملل متحد به دلیل سرکوب سیستماتیک زنان در ایران از جمله در جریان خیزش سراسری، به رای گذاشته شد و با اکثریت آرا در این نشست رای آورد.
در نشست روز چهارشنبه ۲۳ آذر شورای اقتصادی و اجتماعی سازمان ملل، ۲۹ کشور به این قطعنامه رای مثبت دادند، هشت کشور رای مخالف و ۱۶ کشور رای ممتنع و به این ترتیب این قطعنامه تصویب شد.
What the fuck were they doing there in the first place. Indeed UN is a fucking joke.