Happening now...

Nov 29, 2002
What happened to the Komala guy?

Alinejad speaks with a flow, energy and linguistic flair that none of the others have. RP also speaking pretty well but just a bit low-energy

I don't particularly care for her specifically, but if this is a rehearsal for leadership roles, she seems to be ahead.

Nov 29, 2002
Pahlavi spoke very well. He doesn't have the swagger or showmanship of Alinejad but the words he said made complete sense

He actually seems like the guy who has thought about the recovery roadmap more than the others, should there be a revolution.

Last edited:

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Ebadi: what a waste. She basically said Iran has a few "melats"
Golshifteh: Basically took all of RP's conditions except for Iran's sovereignty.
Masih: All she did was campaigned for herself. of course a campaigner will have high energy.
The worst part was Ali Karimi allowing Golshifteh talk on his behalf.

Nov 29, 2002
The worst part was Ali Karimi allowing Golshifteh talk on his behalf.
That was a good call on his part. Completely out of his depth here, but still a popular figure. His limit should remain interviews with Iranian-american comedians

I'm looking for any mention of this big event amongst US political figures, all I can see are hyping up MEK/PMOI eg
California congressman:

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
Golshifteh: Basically took all of RP's conditions except for Iran's sovereignty.
This whole sovereignty thing is a red herring. You can't have both sovereignty and democracy as preconditions. What happens if in a democratic Iran, Kurds wanted to be independent? What takes precedence, sovereignty or democratic values?

Kurds and Turks and Balouchs have been brutally discriminated against all throughout Pahlavi regime and IR - you can't ask them to submit to such precondition when they have no trust in or historical allegiance to the central government. You need to win back their trust and ensure sovereignty that way.