Has anyone here used invasiline to fix the allignment of their teeth? Does it work??

Lover

Bench Warmer
Apr 11, 2008
Toronto
I'm considering to get it. It costs 3600, but I'm not sure if it will even work!

Has anyone used it successfully? Any suggestions?

InDaMoneyz

IPL Player
Mar 13, 2007
I'm considering to get it. It costs 3600, but I'm not sure if it will even work!

Has anyone used it successfully? Any suggestions?

depends on severity of your condition. I used them for about 10 months for some realignments and they worked beautifully. Comfortable, clean and most important - invisible !

leo

Ball Boy
Jun 29, 2006
It all depends on how misaligned your teeth are. This can work only if you have crowding of upper and lower front ( 6 anterior) teeth.
As a dentist, I recommend talking to your family dentist about what type of crowding you might have and why he/she is recommending Invisalign?
sometimes you can do more harm than good when you do orthodontic therapy

footballlover

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Southern California
I feel qualified to answer this question as I am a dentist also. In my opinion invisalign is a great way of straightening your teeth, however case selection plays a big role in the success of treatment. The more crowding you have the more difficult it will become to obtain optimum results, so you should consult with a couple of dentists or orthodontists before committing yourself.

Behrang(ISP)

King of Posts
Oct 16, 2002
www.iransportspress.com
I'm not a dentist but my aunt is and I know some people who have had it done and have liked the results. What i'm posting is just what I've heard and seen so it means absolutly nothing. I just wanted to reply to the thread. :)

Fat_Ali2006

Bench Warmer
Apr 24, 2006
I'm NOT a Dentis, but I play the role of one in a TV comercial (1800dentist), so I had to do some research and yes it does work depending on crowding.

ferdosi

Bench Warmer
Apr 21, 2004
my case is very simple. Two upper top teeth in the middle are a bit facing each other instead of facing the world ;)

If it would had been me, I would take ortho treatment (invisalign/traditional braces) any day over veneers. The Idea of letting someone cutting into my perfectly sound teeth just does not go with me. Sure it might take longer compare to veneers, but looking at it long term I think it is the better option....
The only reason I would go with veneers is if I hate the shape/size/to some extent color of my teeth.

If your only problem is that your two front teeth are slightly turned invisalign should work, if you have severe crowding in combination with other problems probably as someone else mentioned you are not a good candidate for it........

albertpaul68

Football Fan
Oct 26, 2010
Is there hope for you? Absolutely!! I've seen far worse bites treated to give really wonderful results!

Invisalign does work, but not for every case. There are things it does well, things it does successfully sometimes, but fails at for other people, and things it cannot realistically do at all. This means that some people are not candidates for Invisalign, and others who are borderline might end up with less than satisfactory results and need to go into fixed braces if they want things right.

I am not a dental professional, but it looks like you have a significant overjet (a lot of people get this confused with an overbite, but an overbite is when the upper front teeth close too deeply over the lower front teeth and hide them - sometimes the lower front teeth even bite into the upper gums!) - an overjet is when the upper front teeth are too far in front of the lower front teeth, so that they can't work together like scissors when biting into food. An overjet can sometimes be treated just using rubber bands with braces - and this is possible, though an advanced technique with Invisalign, so not all docs would do it, and it may not be successful. Sometimes an overjet can be corrected and give nice results by extracting teeth (usually premolars - also called bicuspids - they are the fourth and fifth teeth back from the middle) but for other people that would give a result that would not look good. And sometimes to correct an overjet requires surgery on the jaw.

The gap between those lower teeth might cause trouble for invisalign - closing gaps is something it does with poor predictability, because sometimes the teeth will just lean over into the gap instead of moving along to close the space. Attachments placed on the teeth (they are removed at the end of treatment, or sometimes sooner) to match little "bubbles" in the Invisalign trays can help prevent this, but it doesn't always work.

And of course, since I am not a dentist or orthodontist, there may be other issues I am totally missing picking up on.

My advice to you is to ask your dentist to recommend a good orthodontist, and head in for a consultation. And, especially if either extractions or surgery are suggested, consider also seeking a second opinion from another ortho. As Mariah and Stephanie have suggested, do consider fixed braces as a possible option - there are various types of bracket available today that are very discreet in appearance, including ceramics. (By the way, not all orthodontists will place ceramics on the lower teeth, since they are extremely hard - harder than metal brackets - and can pose some risk of chipping the upper front teeth as a result)

Oh, and I've never heard of it being a necessity to have the wisdom teeth extracted to have nvisalign. I am not sure where your friend got that impression.

Best wishes.
Albert