Havana

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Why are you lusting over Cuba? Got to Iran. We got the dirt, trash on the sidewalk, people sitting around sipping tea and all the culture you would want. It most certainly feels like home! Problem is we got these rich kids who get emotional about places they visit but next thing you know they get their tickets confirmed on the next plane out of the place.
I'm lusting over it because it somehow reminds me of the Iran I grew up in (during the war). I want to go to Iran, but it's damn near impossible for me to keep myself from getting executed. Heck, I could be in a lot of trouble already! People have died for much less than I have done :(

Also, it costs me less than $400 to get myself to Cuba and come back. It's only a 3 hour flight too. Iran is $1500 and 20 hours away.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Also, it costs me less than $400 to get myself to Cuba and come back. It's only a 3 hour flight too. Iran is $1500 and 20 hours away.
Could you come up with a more lame excuse?Costs too much! Besides, you were not planning on coming back, were you? So it would be just a one time one way ticket. You will then have a life time to immerse yourself in the culture, eat hot laboo on the street and visit the homeless. You don't even have to know spanish.

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
u guys care to reveal the type of camera u used..? reason for asking I'm shopping for one...hopefully a DSLR if I can afford it.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
u guys care to reveal the type of camera u used..? reason for asking I'm shopping for one...hopefully a DSLR if I can afford it.
Mine is Canon EOS 60D, great camera but heavy ...

I also think buying a hybrid camera is good -- something like sonly alpha nex-7
much lighter to carry and can be used in a beach and if you are going to nature for a long time .

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Could you come up with a more lame excuse?Costs too much! Besides, you were not planning on coming back, were you? So it would be just a one time one way ticket. You will then have a life time to immerse yourself in the culture, eat hot laboo on the street and visit the homeless. You don't even have to know spanish.
Oh you mean for living? I can't live in Iran anymore.

People are way too religious and superstitious for my liking. And I'm not talking about strangers. A lot of people in my own family make me want to bang my head against the wall.

Besides, as I said, I can't just shut the fuck up and will get myself in trouble very quickly.

ایران دیگه جای من نیست. ولی میفهمم چی میگی. در حقیقت هیچ جای دنیا جای من و امثال من نیست. وقتی از ریشه ت کنده میشی دیگه به جایی پیوند نمیخوری حتی به ریشه ی قبلیت

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Oh you mean for living? I can't live in Iran anymore.

People are way too religious and superstitious for my liking. And I'm not talking about strangers. A lot of people in my own family make me want to bang my head against the wall.

Besides, as I said, I can't just shut the fuck up and will get myself in trouble very quickly.

ایران دیگه جای من نیست. ولی میفهمم چی میگی. در حقیقت هیچ جای دنیا جای من و امثال من نیست. وقتی از ریشه ت کنده میشی دیگه به جایی پیوند نمیخوری حتی به ریشه ی قبلیت
I don't know man. I think you can live in Iran even with it's state today.
It is just that you have a choice to live in canada.

I was initially shocked five years ago when i went to Iran after 10 years.

I have the same exact feeling that you have about certain aspects of folks.

but you know what if you have enough money and you willing to spend a little extra to have somebody deal with the government on your behalf.

I still don't mind living in Iran. just need to find a way to get good internet connection. a huge number of books. and minimize my interaction with folks.

there are certain things about iran that I still like.

I still like Iran's parks.

still like going toot khori.

like the fact that every once in a while I can see my grandma and see those distance cousins once a year as they grow.

year I am not gone watch tv over there but that is the case in the U.S i avoid things fox news.

I think we humans have excellent tenancy to adapt ourselves to the situation we are in.

I think most of us could live in Iran (and not suffering). but we choose to live abroad because we have grown accustomed to certain individual isolation/liberties that western societies afford us.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
I don't know man. I think you can live in Iran even with it's state today.
It is just that you have a choice to live in canada.

I was initially shocked five years ago when i went to Iran after 10 years.

I have the same exact feeling that you have about certain aspects of folks.

but you know what if you have enough money and you willing to spend a little extra to have somebody deal with the government on your behalf.

I still don't mind living in Iran. just need to find a way to get good internet connection. a huge number of books. and minimize my interaction with folks.

there are certain things about iran that I still like.

I still like Iran's parks.

still like going toot khori.

like the fact that every once in a while I can see my grandma and see those distance cousins once a year as they grow.

year I am not gone watch tv over there but that is the case in the U.S i avoid things fox news.

I think we humans have excellent tenancy to adapt ourselves to the situation we are in.

I think most of us could live in Iran (and not suffering). but we choose to live abroad because we have grown accustomed to certain individual isolation/liberties that western societies afford us.
I think you forgot the major problem that guys like BT have and many others don't :

"Besides, as I said, I can't just shut the fuck up and will get myself in trouble very quickly."

Some can sit aside and turn a blind eye on the injustice towards others if they are NOT effected themselves and some people can not !!!

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I think you forgot the major problem that guys like BT have and many others don't :

"Besides, as I said, I can't just shut the fuck up and will get myself in trouble very quickly."

Some can sit aside and turn a blind eye on the injustice towards others if they are NOT effected themselves and some people can not !!!
trust me we as the human race are survivors. we adapt big time.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
This is the conclusion most Iranians going back arrive at. Get yourself a compound that you never have to leave. Build yourself a little America or whatever and never leave the house. Get your satellite dish, internet, cellphone, booze, party and women. You can even get a nice car. You do all that and you quickly find yourself in a jail. You'll always be looking over your shoulder. And then there are the people, oh, the people.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
The majority can adapt to injustice. Some can't. Those who got beaten, raped, murdered and shot by this regime are clear proof. They could've adapted too, but they didn't.
with all due respect to the fallen.

I think they had adapted. they had adapted to live within an uncertain life.

most of them had probably survived because they did shut up against small injustices.

and they chose to make a big stand on what they chose was a larger injustice.

just my two cents.

I am just saying over the past years been to iran five times. and I have seen plenty of assholes and nice guys.

have seen really ba mareftat bache gheritis.

have seen really ba marefat risho hezbollahis.

have seen really a-hole so called westernist.

have seen really a-hole heziz.

things always seem very different from an external location.

It is like whenever my dad is playing chess. I am like move this here and there. your perspective is a little different when you are in the game than out of it.

but everyone has a taste.

and obviously my taste is to live in NorthAmerica. I am just saying that most of us could live in Iran. It is just that we choose to have more comfortable life abroad.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
trust me we as the human race are survivors. we adapt big time.
You are 100% right. We Iranian do adapt very well and can look the other way. I know many Iranians who are comfortable with doing that back in Iran. Heck, even here in Toronto, I know many Iranian realtors and ... who have no problems helping ex I.R. officials to laundry their money and ... for a small commission.

But you should trust me as well when I tell you, I know men and women who stood by their principles, did not bow down to the dictatorship and stood up for what they believe was justice. They suffered great deal but never questions what was justice in their minds.

From them, many had to leave Iran just because they did not want to change color and their identity ...

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
This is the conclusion most Iranians going back arrive at. Get yourself a compound that you never have to leave. Build yourself a little America or whatever and never leave the house. Get your satellite dish, internet, cellphone, booze, party and women. You can even get a nice car. You do all that and you quickly find yourself in a jail. You'll always be looking over your shoulder. And then there are the people, oh, the people.
actually I will skip the nice car. I will get a car that runs nice. but has crappy body.
that way if somebody hits you. you can act classy and be like fuck it buddy. here my insurance.

and you dont even bother running after the insurance company for the money.

living in Iran in my opnion is possible (did not say totally enjoyable) for most guys.

but for women It can become really difficult those summer days with the Hejab.

again this is not to say It is a better place to live.

I will just give you an example of my own life.

sometimes I miss this and that in Iran. but I choose to live in the U.S and I choose to take less unpaid time off.

if I did not make those choices I could see people I miss much more often.

if you ask me why. I will probably tell you well I dont have enough money yet.

but if you asked me in ten years when I will hopefully have a 100K more in my bank account.

I will probably saay something similar. or I will say I have kids or this and that.

I think the reality is most of us have identiy crisis. we neither and Iranian nor are we a westner.

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
You should go to Mexico (or any other country) and then go to Cuba. When you are in Cuba, they will give you a paper rather than stamping your passport. I actually saw few Americans in Cuba.
You can also use your Iranian passport, no problem :)
I booked for one of those All Inclusive vacations with my family to Playa Del Carmen (Mexico), starting from 12/18. I would love to spend couple of days in Cuba.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Flint,

as a friendly reminder...you are a semi-ignorant semi-troll posting anonymously on an Internet forum. Other people didn't and don't. Those other people have problems visiting certain countries, or say Iran, because they were no semi-ignorant semi-trolls posting anonymously on the Internet. So aehm...hope this solves your riddle.

Oct 18, 2002
Antelope Valley,California
Puzzling is that the word healthcare to some is becoming such a taboo and najes concept :)

Thank you guys for sharing your experiences. Enjoyed it very much. Cuba is one of many countries that I regret not traveling to.

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
Mine is Canon EOS 60D, great camera but heavy ...

I also think buying a hybrid camera is good -- something like sonly alpha nex-7
much lighter to carry and can be used in a beach and if you are going to nature for a long time .
that Sony alpha series got my attention when it came it...however I kind of hestitated on buying it...and the price in Iran almost trippled...well 2.5 times before..and that was the 5 series....but anyhow that is the reality...indeed I'm somwhere between the Cannon 6 or 7 and Sony Alpha 5 or 7....thanks for the info and sorry for being out of thread subjest.