Hello again

reza+

Ball Boy
Feb 19, 2004
Hi everyone,

It's been a good couple of years since I last posted here. As some of you may remember, I came back to live in Iran a few years ago. I am still here though I may leave again in a few months.

You guys are pretty much up to date with events in Iran. However, I think it's fair to say your understanding of ordinary people's mindset here is somewhat incomplete, IMHO.

That said, I'd like to raise a topic regarding Iran's involvement in the neighbouring countries. Should any Iranian government (at any point in time) be indifferent to events going on in our vicinity, e.g., Iraq, Yemen and so on? How do you define Iran's national interests, as a country in that locality?

Good to be back, BTW.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well let me be the first to welcome you back and I think it is good we have someone on the inside to give us a nice perspective. Now I visited Iran several times but I was born and raised in the US and I had to join the navy to pay for grad school. I can tell you the US perspective or side but I don't know if I am the most qualified to tell you the Iran side because the last time I was in Iran was in 2006, after the world cup. I came from Germany to visit family in Iran and that was the last time I visited.
My folks told me it is not a good idea for me to return to Iran until there is a big change because if they find out about my military past, you know what will happen to me. As far as Yemen goes this is nothing more than the two regional powers Saudi Arabia and Iran flexing their muscles and using yemen as a proxy war. They don't want to go to war with one another because they know there will be too much in terms of losses(both lives and financial loss war is expensive) so use Yemen as the battleground.
As for Iraq, since I was apart of Operation Iraqi Freedom again I can give you the US military perspective but again the Iran side, I might not be the most qualified person to do so. Once again, welcome back.