Hertha Berlin vs. Werder Bremen will be live on GolTV

sirabi

News Team
Sep 19, 2005
Sirabi, Enayati holds up the ball well in IPL, where according to many coaches (Simoes, Blaz, Ivic, Lorrent) playesr are in general weak and almost malll nourished.

Hashemian holds up the ball in Bundesliga and against international opposition...........
Thats like saying Khatibi can dribble 6 guys and score a goal by him self ( which he has done several times in IPL) while many good forwards in Bundesliga cant............
I think the players they were refering to were more the offensive players because defensive players in Iran are not as weak as you're making out. And my point was an opinion that regardless of where, Enayati holds the ball up slightly better even in matches for TM. If I had to pick one, I would pick Hashemian every single time, but as his replacement, if the system has a target man and that's what players are used to, Enayati is currently the best player we have.

xoraster

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
Enayati, Reza Abumoslem,Esteghlal T. 80
Fazli, Freydoon Teraktor,Abumoslem, Esteghlal A. 45
Daei, Ali Perspolis,Saba,Saipa 44
Khatibi, Rasool Paas,Sepahan 43
Rajabzadeh, Mehdi Fajr Sepasi,Zobahan 38
Nekounam, Javad Paas 33
Kazemian, Javad Saipa,Perspolis 33
Razaghi Rad, Iman Abumoslem,Paas 33
Vaziri, Amir Zobahan,Paykan,Saipa 32

Akbarpour, Siavash Fajr Sepasi,Esteghlal T. 32
Aghaei, Abbas Paas,Sepahan 31
Bezik, Edmond Sepahan 30

Borhani, Arash Paas 29
Entezari, Sohrab Perspolis,Rahahan 27

Bayatinia, Mohsen Paas,Paykan 26
Azizi, Khodadad Paas,Rahahan 25

KhalifehAsl, Amir Abumoslem,Esteghlal A.,Foolad 25

Mansouri, Mohammad Bargh,Zobahan 24
Abbasfard, Alireza Bargh,Saipa,Saba 24
Mobali, Iman Foolad 23
Navidkia, Moharam Sepahan 21

Momenzadeh, Ahmad Esteghlal T.,Foolad,Saipa 21

Ansarian, Ali Saipa,Perspolis,Esteghlal T. 21

Karimi, Mahmoud Sepahan 20
Alvez, Adriano Esteghlal A.,Mes 20

Tahmasebi, Bahman Paykan,Fajr Sepasi 20

Fatemi, Faraz Esteghlal T., Zobahan,Perspolis 19
Akbari, Yadollah Esteghlal T.,Esteghlal A.,Saba 19
Samereh, Ali Esteghlal T. 18
Alizadeh, Ali Fajr Sepasi, Perspolis,Esteghlal T. 18
Seraj, Behnam Foolad 17
Nikbakht Vahedi, Alireza Esteghlal T.,Perspolis 17
Moodir Roosta, Ali Asghar Paykan 16
Badamaki, Hossain Abumoslem,Perspolis 16
Nouri, Pejman Malavan,Pegah,Perspolis 15
Bakhtiarizadeh, Sohrab Esteghlal T,Foolad,Saba 15

So what.
As I said before, Fowler scored 100 goals in his first 133 EPL games. Its an incredible achievment but he was upstaged by almost every one in the English team.

Andy Cole!!!

Look at Van Nistelroy and Holland, I can give you many other examples.

No one is saying he cant score in IPL or Esteghlal..........

xoraster

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
how are u so sure? is that also been reported by the chinese news agency? ;). you dont seem to have got the point of my post. i suggest you go and read it again :)

Damn those Chinese, if you cant trust them, then who can you trust...........

But ok, scoring against English youth teams dont mean shit. I am almsot tempted to say that about the senior team as well;)

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
are you joking, i saw the england u-23 team, and yes they have a u-23 team, up against france a while ago. brilliant game, packed stadium, if im not mistaken that walcott fellow was playing there too.
Ali jan, he must have been talking about the Under 21's.
i dont know man. he sounds so sure it was the U-23 team!

even if he means U-21, i dont remember any recent U-21 games against france that theo has played in! there was a game against france maybe around a year ago, but i dont think theo was around at the time. thats why im asking for more details about this game! do you mean holland by any chance?

sirabi

News Team
Sep 19, 2005
Ali jan, you're right about the results and France. And indeed, England do not have an Under 23 team: http://www.thefa.com/England/U21s/FixturesAndResults/
It's not important though, what's important is that before it's too late, someone asks Theo Walcott to play for TM. He hasn't said no yet because no one has asked. And in terms of technicalities, he's still eligible because he's only played in friendlies.

Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser
Ali jan, you're right about the results and France. And indeed, England do not have an Under 23 team: http://www.thefa.com/England/U21s/FixturesAndResults/
It's not important though, what's important is that before it's too late, someone asks Theo Walcott to play for TM. He hasn't said no yet because no one has asked. And in terms of technicalities, he's still eligible because he's only played in friendlies.
LOL

Aug 26, 2005
facts about whether he wants to play for iran or not are not as cut and dry and its a whole nother discussion i could write a thread about it from here to across the street and i might someother time but thats beside the point of the discussion

you're putting yourself in a corner here even attempting to compare the two. the only point that ill give u is that he might be our best forward, but doesn taht say alot about our CRISIS up top?

we can at least both agree that Daei sucks bad, but ask yourself how he was allowed to play till he was almost 40? cuz we had noone else. we both watch the ipl, theres not a decent forward there.

now u want to talk about his games with the youth team against syria and yemens u-19 that he could even score against. let me remind you that dejagah at 18 scored 7 goals in 12 games for the German u-19 againt the likes of Holland and England. when Enayati can score goal against Hollands u-12, give me a call and i'll push him one notch higher in my book.

and thats pathetic that you try to delagitemize the bundesliga by saying the EPL and La Liga are better. theres 203 countries in FIFA, you take your pick where you want to stick your ipl, but dont even begin to lie to yourself about where the Bundesliga is
Dude you don't get it. Do you really think someone like Enayati, if he got the chance in the Bundesliga wouldn't even do slightly well? I assure you he would. But because he hasn't had the opportunity your comparison is flawed. You assume that, okay Dejagah scored 2 Bundesliga goals therefore that outweighs everything Enayati has done and it doesn't - not by a long stretch.

But when does this comparison stop? If Dejagah gets picked and he doesn't light TM up, who are you going to blame? "Oh these IPL players don't know how to play real ball and that's making Dejagah look bad". Ok dude, we get it, you like the guy.

And it IS cut and dry. He actually ANNOUNCED OFFICIALLY that he is no longer interested in Iran and is concentrating on Germany. If he still gave TM any credence he would have just kept it to himself. So you can stop badgering everybody and trying to convince that he secretly wants to be in TM, because even if he did, this was not the way to do it. Unless Dejagah turns around and declares interest in playing for Iran again, I couldn't care less what happens to him - but I wish him luck. So don't expect me to down any of our own just because they happened to play in Iran.

Aug 26, 2005
So what.
As I said before, Fowler scored 100 goals in his first 133 EPL games. Its an incredible achievment but he was upstaged by almost every one in the English team.

Andy Cole!!!

Look at Van Nistelroy and Holland, I can give you many other examples.

No one is saying he cant score in IPL or Esteghlal..........
You said this before and again, Owen and Shearer were ahead in the pecking order - even Cole at his prime wasn't preferred over those two - with good reason too (they're both in the top 5 scorers for England for all time).

Where are these other strikers that are ahead of Enayati? (psst, they don't exist).

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
You said this before and again, Owen and Shearer were ahead in the pecking order - even Cole at his prime wasn't preferred over those two - with good reason too (they're both in the top 5 scorers for England for all time).

Where are these other strikers that are ahead of Enayati? (psst, they don't exist).
I thought A. Cole is second all time scorer after Shearer and above Henry and Fowler, no disrespect to Owen but it's an insult to Shearer to put his name next to Owen.
But I'm all with you in Enayati case, he is the best we got.