HIBS sign young Iranian Shan Haji

Nov 29, 2002
this is weird, and reminds me of Sharu Naraji - the iranian who "apparently" played for Iran's u21 (even though he never did) and also went to real zaragoza (and again, never played for them!)

are there phantom iranian players being invented to have played for iran's u21/u20/u18 teams? and how come no one ever checks?

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
wow, good stuff,thanks for the news guys.

dont remember him playing for Esteghlal before. Has he been in Es first team or youth team? do u guys know?

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
He's Sharu Naraji younger brother ... he use to be on West Bromwich Albion reserve team and was playing for their reserves against the likes of Bolton first team etc.

Hibs aren't a bad team at all (5th currently) and SPL is not bad, plus, he's only 18.

Nov 29, 2002
Emm, it doesn't matter if he lied or not, Hibs coach actually saw him play and liked his skills and signed him.
Well good luck to him! I hope he is an awesome player - an Iranian playing in SPL is fantastic!

Kudos to him and his brother, hope for their success

Just find it amusing that they're making up that they played for iran and zaragoza - its just a bit random, thats all!

halftime

Bench Warmer
Nov 24, 2004
John Collins, Hibs Manager, is a shrewd guy, he knows a player when he sees one. This guy must be good to have impressed John. Hibs have got some very good youngsters in their books. I have watched some of their games this season. I hope he does well and earns himself a long contract.

I don’t know where the story about him playing for EsEs or Iran U20/17 comes from. It could be the papers have got it wrong. EsEs fans should know if he played for them at any level?

Go Iran

anoush

Bench Warmer
Aug 14, 2004
Man I bet this is the same guy, Sharu Naraji, Shan Haji, whatever the fuck he wants to call himself. This person whoever he is, is a LIAR - a couple of years ago Sky 1 ran the first season of a show called Football Icon. It was basically American Idol but instead it was for footballers to get a contract with Chelsea. The show was based on the strict premise that all applicants should be 16 years old. And who shows his face but this naraji guy, who was 19 years old at the time, and he made it all the way to the final 40 I think. Not sure if they booted him out or not, but i clearly remember the same vague bullshit about "trials in spain" and playing for iranian youth teams - something that NOBODY on any iran football forum has any recollection of - a ploy to make him more marketable to other clubs??

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
Man I bet this is the same guy, Sharu Naraji, Shan Haji, whatever the fuck he wants to call himself. This person whoever he is, is a LIAR - a couple of years ago Sky 1 ran the first season of a show called Football Icon. It was basically American Idol but instead it was for footballers to get a contract with Chelsea. The show was based on the strict premise that all applicants should be 16 years old. And who shows his face but this naraji guy, who was 19 years old at the time, and he made it all the way to the final 40 I think. Not sure if they booted him out or not, but i clearly remember the same vague bullshit about "trials in spain" and playing for iranian youth teams - something that NOBODY on any iran football forum has any recollection of - a ploy to make him more marketable to other clubs??
Dude relax!! I think this type of slandering and accussation is in our culture and it's sad. They are both clearly good enough for the coach. And he played for Zargoza's B-team. And Shana clearly played for West Brom as his name is on BBC's reserve match vs. Bolton's A Team match squad (from a couple months ago, I can post the link if you want)!! So it's no bullshit. This is not Sharjiu as he is still recovering from a torn ACL, they are two different people. And honestly, I wouldn't trust the board members here with in=depth information on Iranian players (like U-20 games etc.), about Brazilian/ Argentians, suer, but this is not really an Iranian forum.

RELAX! lol

halftime

Bench Warmer
Nov 24, 2004
I think you are right. Tony Mowbray, West Brom Manager must have recommended him to Hibs. Mowbray used to manage Hibs and he is a good friend of John Collins. West Brom are pushing for promotion and need experience players. Therefore he must have recommended Shan to Hibs. Hibs play a good attacking style of football which will suite Shan.

Go Iran

Nov 29, 2002
Dude relax!! I think this type of slandering and accussation is in our culture and it's sad. They are both clearly good enough for the coach. And he played for Zargoza's B-team. And Shana clearly played for West Brom as his name is on BBC's reserve match vs. Bolton's A Team match squad (from a couple months ago, I can post the link if you want)!! So it's no bullshit. This is not Sharjiu as he is still recovering from a torn ACL, they are two different people. And honestly, I wouldn't trust the board members here with in=depth information on Iranian players (like U-20 games etc.), about Brazilian/ Argentians, suer, but this is not really an Iranian forum.

RELAX! lol
Yeh I believe everything about their english careers, its clear they aren't lying about that. But the fact is they are lying about having played for Zaragoza (that means Zaragoza's A team, not their B team which is a different professional team and plays in another league) and Iran's U-21 and U-20 and U-18 tEAMS

Anyway good luck to them!