HOLLAND vs. ARGENTINA | World cup 2014 Semi Final | Wednesday July 9th | 4.00 PM EST 10.00 PM CET

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Argentina hasn't played against an offensive team yet. All the teams have played super defensive against them.

I just hope a great game tomorrow.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Go Oranje!!! What a dream it would be to get a rematch with Germany in the final! :D
And also beat Germany -- That will make me happy -- If Holland wins, they will be in final for 4 times -- They really deserve to win at least 1 world cup -- and what a year it will be for Robben

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
I think tomorrow Holland will catch hell by Argentina who is out there to take revenge for Brazil
even though they are rival teams (brazil and anrgentina) but they are sort of a neighbor too so they will root for each other when a european team comes to kick their butts.
BUT Holland will win and go for the final and I hope they get defeated by Germany.
sorry to the dutch fans but this is my prediction.
I think a 2-1 victory for holland.
again this depends on many factors main one being a good decent ref. who doesnt make crucial mistake(s).

some refs show favoritism toward a team but then they do it too much so later they decide to make up for it. sort of like they award a penalty to a team but later try to be just/fair and red card a player to try to even things up. Hopefully non of that will happen?!

Jun 26, 2014
Hoping Holland will win it. Mainly because a Brasil v Argentina match up ( especially after what Brasil's been through in the last few hours ) will make this the most interesting 3rd place match ever.

Also, Holland V Germany final ain't too bad either.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I agree and if they weren't playing Holland I'd root for them.
If Argentina does win and make it to the final I'd rather Messi win it than Germany, as much as I've generally liked this German generation's football.
Honestly if Messi wasn't on that team, they would be one of my least favorite teams. But the man has brought so much to the game that it's just not possible to root against him (even though I've personally been very disappointed with his form for the past year).

Germany is the best team and truly deserves the cup. No ifs and buts. They've been slowly building their way to this level of awesomeness since 2002. Holland too based on their shitty past luck deserve a world-cup and if they don't do it this time, it's hard to imagine they'll find better players than RVP, Robben and Sneijder in the next 4-8 years.

I personally don't mind if any of the remaining 3 win it, but damn, Messi lifting that trophy would be something else :)

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I look forward to the repeat of 1974 world cup final ..... don't mind who wins it as long as there are atleast 7 goals in it ...like 4-3 ...5-2 ... or 4-4 in normal time and then penalties and the battle of Noer and Krul ...!

kooneh lagheh Arjantin ...

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
I look forward to the repeat of 1974 world cup final ..... don't mind who wins it as long as there are atleast 7 goals in it ...like 4-3 ...5-2 ... or 4-4 in normal time and then penalties and the battle of Noer and Krul ...!

kooneh lagheh Arjantin ...
Well , Holland vs Germany would probably mean that another Englishman will be the referee. it was Jack Taylor for 1974 final and it will be Howard Webb for 2014 final.

Taylor was a buthcer for a part of his life.Webb is a life-time Manchester United employee.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
I like for Argentina to win. It kind of gives us some kori points.......we handled them pretty well - so if Argentina takes the cup...........

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Well , Holland vs Germany would probably mean that another Englishman will be the referee. it was Jack Taylor for 1974 final and it will be Howard Webb for 2014 final.

Taylor was a buthcer for a part of his life.Webb is a life-time Manchester United employee.

Jack Taylor even refereed a bigger game than that world cup 1974 final .... do you know what game ?

Feb 22, 2005
If Di Maria is fit to play and both him and Messi have their good day, Argentina will win.

Go Argentina. Go Messi.

If not Argentina in the final, I take Holland. Germany has won it too many times and too boring to watch.

It is exciting to watch Di Maria, Messi, and Robben when they get the ball. German style of game is boring.