How accusations against Ahmadinejad are backfiring against Israel

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
This is actually quite interesting if you go "to bahresh" for a moment.

All the Muslim countries have refused to make any comment. The non-aligned countries and the rest of African and S. American countries and Asian countries have also refused to make any comment. The countries that are making a fuss out of it are the same old countries of the "Coolition of the willing".

So in reality not only they have not made any political ground here but instead are unintentionally are doing several things against their own interest:

1. They are raising Iran's profile and respect among the Muslims, radicals, and others sympathetic to the cause of Palestinians around the world by pointing out how Iran is standing up and making such comments.

2. They are popularizing Iran among their own neo-nazis, neo-fascists, and "closet-anti-semite" population who are actually a sizable number especially in countries like France and Germany. Thus come time for a confrontation with Iran these internal forces will be more likely to support and argue Iran's cause.

3. They are indirectly raising the Palestinian issue back on the scene.

4. More dangerously than all, by repeating his so called quotes and comments what they are doing is destroying the taboo of thinking such deeds among people. For years, post WWII the Jews (rightfully I might add) have been working hard to making even the thought of harming a person for being a Jew untinkable. By publicizing Ahmadinejad's comments not only they are undoing their own hard work but also sending his message to the radicals who may have been losing hope.

beh ebArati bA tekrAr in harfA GHOBH e in fekr va amal ro dAran mirizan.

What they are doing is equivalent of what Khomeini did for Salman Rashdi and his book, Satanic verses. Just as by making a big deal out of nothing Khomeini's comments caused more people to read Rushdi's book the West's publicizing Ahmadinejad's comments will make more people around the world to sit up and take notice of his message and perhaps decide to join his cause.

mesdAgh e adoo shavad sabab e kheir gar khodA khAhad (va bel aks). ;)

Oct 18, 2002
Great analysis. So you say Iran has become more popular among neo-nazis, neo-fascists, closet anti-semits, crazy radicals, and Palestinians.

How come I missed such a significant foreign policy achievement? That's AN's diplomatic machine at work...

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
deerouz said:
Great analysis. So you say Iran has become more popular among neo-nazis, neo-fascists, closet anti-semits, crazy radicals, and Palestinians.

How come I missed such a significant foreign policy achievement? That's AN's diplomatic machine at work...
na amoo. that's not their foreign policy. rather, it's the unintended cosequence of West's policy. Like I said what they're doing is similar to what Khomeini did for Rushdi.

Rushdi didn't want to be popular among crazy radical anti-Muslims (like some of our members here) but what Khomeini did was make sure that crazy radicals would know about Rushdi's book and read it (even if they weren't going to) not to mention some of the undecided/passivists who would also be intrigued to look in to what all the fuss is about. get my drift?

Oct 18, 2002
ashtar said:
na amoo. that's not their foreign policy. rather, it's the unintended cosequence of West's policy. Like I said what they're doing is similar to what Khomeini did for Rushdi.
Hey, never underestimate AN's genius diplomatic brain at work. he tricked the west into this situation, no doubt!

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
deerouz said:
Hey, never underestimate AN's genius diplomatic brain at work. he tricked the west into this situation, no doubt!
your sarcasm will not change the facts.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
deerouz said:

:D :D :D

right on man

JazzedUp

Bench Warmer
Dec 1, 2002
London
ashtar said:
All the Muslim countries have refused to make any comment. The non-aligned countries and the rest of African and S. American countries and Asian countries have also refused to make any comment. The countries that are making a fuss out of it are the same old countries of the "Coolition of the willing".
As much as I remember Germany and France were not part of the coaltion of the willing. In fact they were 100% against the US invasion of Irag. Yet both have condemed AN's comments.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Ashtar Jan, we have a very different opion on politics but I still respect yours and read most of yours post. I try to understand your point of view and what you trying to say.
But in this case, What An said, or how it has been translated is a mess that no logic or ..... can justify it.

AN had no right to even talk about this issue when our country is strugeling with one of its most important challenges of its history ( its right to a peaceful nuclear technology).

You have to admitt, this was a bad timing on behaf of AN and his adminastration.

zizou

Football Fan
Apr 8, 2005
ashtar said:
What they are doing is equivalent of what Khomeini did for Salman Rashdi and his book, Satanic verses. Just as by making a big deal out of nothing Khomeini's comments caused more people to read Rushdi's book the West's publicizing Ahmadinejad's comments will make more people around the world to sit up and take notice of his message and perhaps decide to join his cause.
Your comparison does not work out! you say that khomeini comments made more people read the book and symphatize with rushdi. So: AN comments will now make more people think about 'poor' israel and symphatize with israel, not AN! duh.

Jan 31, 2004
deerouz said:

LOL.....een pesare Ashtar k.khole k.khole baba. He ain't that far behind Mollah Hassani, funny yet sad.

Jun 24, 2005
Iranians attend an anti-Israeli rally marking 'Al-Quds Day' (Jerusalem Day), to support the Palestinian cause, in Tehran, Iran, Friday, Oct. 28, 2005. Tens of thousands of Iranians staged anti-Israel protests across the country Friday and repeated calls by their ultraconservative president who repeated the words of the late Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, founder of Iran's Islamic revolution, by saying: 'Israel must be wiped off the map.
.php?attachmentid=3310&stc=1&d=1130508275[/IMG]

Oct 18, 2002
Baba what else do you expect from this bacheh mullah. Mamletakt shodeh tavileh and we have a jackass as the President and another cholagh gaav as the leader. And you guys were expecting what from these animals?

I mean do any of them even care about Iran? All they worship is buch of Arab kon nashoor people that have killed and are killing our people in the name of their Ishal religion.

I for one expected nothing more from these confused Arabs disguised as Iranians.

Thanks,

Javeed Iran

Feb 22, 2005
Israel has been using the victim syndrom to get what it wants yet it has been an oppressive murderous state. I agree that AN has just made it easier for isarael to act more of a victim again. But I bellieve that AN is using the excuse to get his own base excited and united. Every dictator needs an enemy. AN should care more about how himself a murderer and his Baiji thugs are murdering our own people before worrying about Israel.

mowj

National Team Player
May 14, 2005
Back fire my foot. back fire in whose face...

سفارت ايران در مسکو بيانيه ای صادر کرده است تا از آثار ناشی از اظهارات تند رئيس جمهور ايران عليه اسرائيل بکاهد.
در اين بيانه آمده که آقای احمدی نژاد واقعاً قصد نداشته است با چنين لحن تندی عليه موجوديت اسرائيل سخن بگويد.
اينکه سفارت ايران در مسکو چنين بيانيه ای صادر کرده و همچنين زمانی که اين بيانيه صادر شده دارای اهميت است.
روسيه متحد مهمی برای ايران، فراهم آورنده فناوری هسته ای برای اين کشور و عضو دائم و دارای حق وتو در شورای امنيت سازمان ملل متحد است، بنابراين نظر اين کشور برای ايران اهميت دارد.
همچنين اينکه سفارت ايران در مسکو به اين سرعت بيانيه صادر کرده تا جلوی آثار زيانبار سخنان آقای احمدی نژاد را برای کشورش بگيرد، همچنين شاهد ديگری بر اين است که قدرت در ايران در دست يک شخص واحد متمرکز نيست.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
Ashtar Jaan,
Your word of wisdom and analogy reminds me of a drowning person trying to hang on a piece of wood in the middle of an ocean. How do you come up with these kind of Jives.
Iran already has the support from Kazakhstan, North Korea, Chad, Sudan , Nazis, all Islamo Fascists and rest of the Totalitarian Chimps and rest of the LOOSERs in the world. No need for Idiotic Chaos from this Lunatic AN again.
BTW don't count on Arab world to hold our Pants Up!! recent history proved they are not trust worthy Allies, every single one of them backed Iraq and actively particpated on the fronts during the war and that includes our own BELOVED and MAZLOOM Palestinians (excluding Syria).
If Arab nations were so strong and supportive there wouldn't be an Israel/Palestine conflict at the first place. Don't put all your Eggs in one nest Ashtar, this AN guy has not presented a viable track record so far his words and action confirm that a High School Graduate could run the Nation better than him or at least speak in an intelligent manner.

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
Ashtar, dude, you have a way with jumping to conclusions without any base in logic by wrapping it in some dubious verbage. Simply put, most, if not all, of what you concluded is exactly the opposite of the logical conclusion you should be arriving at!! As someone put it well a couple of days ago, an Israeli couldn't have written a better speech for AN to regurgitate!! No matter how you spin it, this is bad for IRI and good for Israel and anybody else who is building a case for the insanity of IRI.