How Daei cost us the win against Kuwait

soccermaster

Bench Warmer
Oct 19, 2002
While I agree that all the blame falls on IFF and Sazemane Tarbiyat Badani, I think that Daei's line up mistakes, inexperience and stubborness cost us the game that we were ahead 2-0. Here are a few reason for it.

1. Not Using Mobali eeither as start or sub: Our team had at least 5 free kicks behind 18 yard line. We waisted all of these badly. Imagine if Mobali was on the field. He would have at least made these more dangerious and possibly score one on one of these.
2. Not taking advantage ofexperience and performance of Kaabi: Daei used "GolamNejad" who is 22 instead of 22 yeard "young" with world cup experience who did well against Bahrain, in making runs from right side, hustles, fought, engages, crossed the ball. Instead Gholamnejad tried to get rid of ball as soon as he had position. He was out of place an Ando had to cover for him and his other teammates Sadeqi. When you are missing WCexperience of Nekonam, Hashemian, MMKia, Rezai,... becuase of injury or otherwise, you should use Ando, Kaabi,Karimi as much as you can as they bring "playing under pressure" to experience to the game.
3. "I want to use youth" Hypocracy: Hypocracy in Using the 33 years old Sadeqi. Daei claim he is giving the youth a chance. At least in he case of his other midfielder, he is using double standard. Why on earth you are putting an underperformed 33 year "old"
4. Not taking advantage of Kuwait weak goalkeeping: It became obvious after 5 minute that Al-Fadli (Kuwait keeper) is useless specially in crosses. THe two goal that UAE scored were header and the goals that we scored came from crosses. Yet the idiot did not ask team to cross more into the box from the sides.
I lived in Kuwait for more than 10 years and this by far was the waekest Kuwaiti team yet we failed to hold on to a 2-0 win becuase Mr. Daei wants to take unnecessary risk . I can not get over this if we fail to make it out ofour group.