How hopeful are you guys?

RoozbehAzadi

National Team Player
Nov 19, 2002
Part of me is thinking that real change can occur, and Burrito and Poop might soon be out of power. But part of me also fears that the basij will start killing hundreds and it might dissipate. Even if that happens, that would mean the regime has lost all legitimacy and that violence will still flare up randomly and continuously later on, people won't just forget the deaths and move on. But at the same time, those in power are in a very difficult position, because if they make serious compromises they might lose all power, but if they don't the country might fall apart.

Basically though, it's a matter of power for those individuals who were behind the coup. It's something they either have to let go of or be forced to let go. But what worries me is the reality that unlike the shah, who could flee to the US, these mofos have almost nowhere to go and could feel threatened in a corner, fearing arrest or more if it's proven that they ordered killings like the Foruhar killings which haven't been solved yet, not to mention Zahra Kazemi or the torture of Batebi or many, many others.

I think the key is to get the police, army and sepah fully on the peoples' side. Once that happens, they can prevent the basij and ansar from their savage killings, and even start to perhaps arrest some of those fat ansar plainclothes guys who ride on motorbikes with knives and guns. After that it'll just be a step at a time until Poop and Burrito are forced to resign. If Raf works on the religious part of it in Qom, where already it seems most akhounds are against the fraud that occurred, then the small group behind the coup, like khamenei's son, crocodile yazdi and jannati, can be isolated and forced to stand down, even arrested.

But people need to appeal to their relatives who might have sepah or army kids among them, they need to spread the word and get them to step-by-step join the people. Otherwise I don't think the basij or especially the ansar, since even many basijis are not so ideological, will stop the shootings and they won't mind killing many more. If the army joins the people it'll stop them from continuing this.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I've had a very very emotional day silently weeping for the most part. I didn't even post much today as I've been busy crying and doing my part bringing I.R's propaganda sites down.

It's past midnight now and after watching that video of people in Metro, I have a smile on my face with not the smallest bit of doubt that Islamic Republic as we all know it is finished.

I will live to see Iran free. Something that I had almost lost hope on. I'm a new person as a result of these events.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
I don't have much hope regarding the change of the supreme leader, but I am more hopeful than ever about the bigger picture, Iranians will eventually achieve real democracy.

good luck to our brave people. wish I could help out more, but unfortunately there is not much we can do except draw attention to their cause.

Sep 13, 2003
USA
I am a very optimistic person so I am am very hopeful. I just pray for the least amount of violent and killing.

Zendeh bad Iran, Payandeh bad Irani.

JazzedUp

Bench Warmer
Dec 1, 2002
London
Roozbeh jaan,

I still have hope this could be it. This could be the time but I am also fearful that IR manages to overcome this and supress people yet again. We know how ruthless they are. There are quite a few factors involved from my point of view. More important than anything people should not lose momentum and this goes to leadership. If the leaders keep pushing IR and keep inspiring people and show them directions I truely believe people won't give up that easily.

Another important factor I think it's Sepah and the Army if they get behind people. If the rumors are true that the army and some factions of Sepah are thinking of joining people then I think that's it. It's game over. All these basijis and ansar mofos are all thugs we've always had them in the society it's just that they had a different shade of colour. Once they see they all out numbered then they all change colour again.

Good luck to our hamvatans in Iran. May they see a brighter day.

SirAlex

National Team Player
May 6, 2007
I had hoped that without anyone's nose even bleeding, a silent protest would have been done that would have resulted in re-election and fair counting of votes and then getting back to normal life for Iranians. I did not want the changes to be drastic. Too bad people are already killed now though. :(

30 years ago, people knew what they did NOT want, but did not exactly know what they wanted.

Have our people learned their lesson?

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
Most of you guys are too young to remember the 79 revolution and its progression from beginnign to end. This may look like a revolution to many of you, but it is still far from it. Although, deep down the underlying long-term aspirations of these protesters is to have a free Iran, that is not their immediate goal. Right now, they only want to be counted. They want to be heard. They are only making the statement that "I exist".

The regime in Iran is itself the result of a revolution. It knows what sparks a revolution and how a revolution comes to life little by little, so they are unlikely to make the same mistakes their old adversary made against themselves back in 79. The spark for a revolution has been lit, but I assure you this is only a spark. The regime in Iran will either contain this now or there will be no stopping the explosion.

IMO, they are very hard at work at this very moment to come up with some sort of compromise that would relatively satisfy all sides. Reaching that compromise is not easy, but they know they have little time before they lose their chance, and since all of them are equally at risk, IMO they will reach that compromise very soon. My prediction is that they will calm things down over the next 2-3 days.

If they fail to reach that compromise and things escalate, then you should all prepare yourselves for a long, drawn-out, bloody campaign the end of which no one can predict. If you think what you have witnessed so far is bad, what might come will be a real eye-opener. It will be so harshly real that it is likey to crush every ideal you have ever held, and make you question their worth.

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
San Diego Armando Maradona, CA
It's impossible to predict what will happen in the next week or so. But one thing is certain, and that's the illegitimacy of the regime in the eyes of Iranian people. So let's just be optimistic and say we will see a substantial reform towards democracy within the system in the next 4 years.

mlka

Ball Boy
Sep 13, 2005
The key is always to remain positive, as long as the people of Iran are positive there will always be a chance.

FREE IRAN

Mr Thick

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
Not so positive....last night there was hardly any protests on the street....if this trend continues and IR feels the people are letting go they will stick it to us again....we need pressure..consistent pressure.

Will go 5 p.m and see if there is a real crowd.

May 12, 2007
Not so positive....last night there was hardly any protests on the street....if this trend continues and IR feels the people are letting go they will stick it to us again....we need pressure..consistent pressure.

Will go 5 p.m and see if there is a real crowd.
I also felt this way. If people stop protesting that will happen. However
Iranian may needs to sleep. So hopefully they will continue after some rest.

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
I am very optimistic.
Do not underestimate the dent in IRI legitimacy after this.
The question is not if. The question is now how and when!

Khamanei and AN are finished. Hope whoever replaces them have more common sense and do not underestimate intelligence of this great nation and our youth again.
Our nation is not ashtars, Generals, REZAs and SKs. They are minority like 6-7 million. But the rest of us (especially those inside Iran) have been coping quietly and so patiently. This was the trigger and a big miscalculation on IRI part and IRI WILL pay for it big time.

Iran-Parast

Bench Warmer
Apr 21, 2008
Canada
I am very optimistic.
Do not underestimate the dent in IRI legitimacy after this.
The question is not if. The question is now how and when!

Khamanei and AN are finished. Hope whoever replaces them have more common sense and do not underestimate intelligence of this great nation and our youth again.
Our nation is not ashtars, Generals, REZAs and SKs. They are minority like 6-7 million. But the rest of us (especially those inside Iran) have been coping quietly and so patiently. This was the trigger and a big miscalculation on IRI part and IRI WILL pay for it big time.
general parsian is a hezzie? did not know that. conning

Jan 23, 2003
I am not hopeful at all. Especially after the killings. I fear even if re-elections are held, Moussavi elected, people will be after revenge + AN's supporters will take turn to come to the streets.

If the whole system is under threat without any credible opposition, the god help Iran.

My best hope is for Moussavi to be president with a free hand (unlike Khatami) to implement reforms. But I doubt it.