How Ice Cream originated in Iran

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
[h=2]اولین بستنی در جهان را کریم باستانی در تهران درست کرد[/h]

کریم باستانی
۱ شهریور ۱۳۹۱
تا به حال به این اندیشیده اید که چرا هرگز در هیچ گزارش یا رسانه خارجی در مورد اینکه بستنی ، این لیسیدنی پرطرفدار، در کجا و توسط چه کسی ساخته شد هیچ حرفی به میان نیامده ؟! جواب این سوال در کتاب `مردم دوران مشروطه` در قفسه های خاک گرفته کتابخانه ملی موجود است که نیز افتخار دیگری است برای ما ایرانیان .
داستان از اینجا شروع میشه که فردی به نام کریم باستانی ملقب به کریم یخ فروش پسر جوانی از شهر ری در بازار آن زمان (خیابان جمهوری امروز) بساط یخ فروشی داشت . یکی از مشتریان غالبا دائمی کریم کارمندان سفارت انگلستان در همان حوالی بودند . این مواجهه هر روزه کارمندان با کریم رابطه صمیمانه را بین آنها پدید آورد . کارمندان برای کریم که انگلیسی بلد نبود نام کریم یخی یا همان به گفته خودشان آیس کریم را برگزیدند . در اواسط درگیریهای دوران مشروطیت کریم برای جلب بیشتر مشتری اقدام به پخش یخ در بهشت مبادرت ورزید . و در همین دوران و برای اولین بار با مخلوط کردن شیر و یخ و زرده تخمه مرغ و گلاب و شیره ملایر اولین بستنی تاریخ بشریت را ساخت. که مورد استقبال اهالی بازار و همسر سفیر انگلیس قرار گرفت مغازه ای در همان حوالی توسط سفیر انگلیس به کریم اهدا شد که بر سر در آن به زبان انگلیسی اسم فامیل کریم ( باستانی ) bastani نوشته شده بود که ایرانی ها به اشتباه بستنی می خواندند . در زمان افتتاح فروشگاه سفیر انگلیس با گفتن :
we name it after you
اسم محصول را به احترام کریم (آیس کریم) گذارد.
میرزا حسن***خان مستوفی , مستوفی***الممالک دوران مشروطیت ، در کتاب خاطراتش مینویسد این پدرسگ ( کریم باستانی ) لیسیدنیی ساخته است از سردابهای یزد سردتر ، از لب یار شیرین تر، از پنبه خراسان نرمتر. سالها بعد کریم با یکی کارمندان سفارت انگلیس به نام الیزابت بسکین رابینز ازدواج کرده و به انگستان و بعد از آن به امریکا مهاجرت میکند .

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I thought this part would give it away:
سالها بعد کریم با یکی کارمندان سفارت انگلیس به نام الیزابت بسکین رابینز ازدواج کرده و به انگستان و بعد از آن به امریکا مهاجرت میکند

Oct 20, 2003
سالها بعد کریم با یکی کارمندان سفارت انگلیس به نام الیزابت بسکین رابینز ازدواج کرده و به انگستان و بعد از آن به امریکا مهاجرت میکند
Later they named their first child كيم. Now I do not want to get into the story of how he came up with Alaska...I only say that he was really frightened to death.

Dec 12, 2002
usa
i thought ice cream was created older than that. it could had been by accident someone in iran without knowing that came up with the idea as well .like it cliamed on that book it was created by mr kaream bastanti .
but i doubt it ,if that had been the case then the name of ice cream should be ..ice cream agha .
those years they would give more respect with using the mr (agha) in front of their first name .

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
LOL @ icekarim ...............! I really fancy one Akbarmashdi right away ..!:help: or give a cuddle to this persian cutie in my avatar ...but Icekarim is a safer bet !

so whats the story with Khakandaz icekarim ? does the name have roots in Iran too ,was it the great grand fathers of khakandaz company was a broomer in shardary Tehran who came from Malayer ?!

Last edited:

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Later they named their first child كيم. Now I do not want to get into the story of how he came up with Alaska...I only say that he was really frightened to death.

I heard that their next child was named NegroKiss (also known as bastani zemestani).ugly rumours had it that Elizabeth had an affair with the local milkman who happened to be a black man.

Not sure about the origin of the name of their next child though.Canada Frost کانادا فراست , maybe they spent some quality time in Calgary , Canada.

Last edited:

a123321r

National Team Player
Oct 27, 2002
bradford, england
lol i know.. but it did make me curious about the history..and was pleasantly surprised to see a persian background for it on wiki!

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
so whats the story with Khakandaz icekarim ? does the name have roots in Iran too ,was it the great grand fathers of khakandaz company was a broomer in shardary Tehran who came from Malayer ?!

بعله ، همین طور است که می گویید

البته یک شرکت ِ آمریکایی بعدها فُرمول ِ این بستنی را از ما دُزدید و با کمی تغییر در اسمش ( خاک انداز را به هاگ انداز تقییر داد) آن را به ملّت قالب کرد

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
this reminds me that they have something like ice cream called Sherbet which i am sure comes from sharbat but i think it is totally non dairy ...its like frozen sharbat I guess?

BTW I have said this before but many ppl dont know that "they" have gone as far as chaging all english language dictionaries from 1900. If you could find an old dictionary like from 1899 look up all the english words and see how many of them have Persian roots. they mysteriously changed to greek or roman those lying ba**rds...

just like when they stole our lion and put it on their damn flag? wtf a lion doing in england? and 1001 other things they did to put us down...and many of you guys bend over backwards to please them? and think the conspiracies are just theories? huh!... to hell with them ba&&**rds. i hate those racist zionist lower then pigs they are the ones who gave us this goddamn revolution...

go read and/or watch the Nazi party's books/videos (I mean the real nazis not the zionist skinhead idiots whom they raised up and sold as nazis) and see the many conspiracies committed by these subhuman race against all of us....for example the disintegration of family the feminist movement and corrupting of women and youth.
if you are stupid enough to think you should get tired of your spouse and have an affair on the side then you have these subhumans to thank for, cuz you are one of their stupid victims...
in USA nobody did that before 1913. everyone started doing it in the 1950s and on....(by nobody I mean very little/exceptions and by everyone I mean many ppl not all 100%). it was systematic and they go for long term effect...slowly they corrupt the hell out of you and you dont even know it.
go figure

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209

I heard that their next child was named NegroKiss (also known as bastani zemestani).ugly rumours had it that Elizabeth had an affair with the local milkman who happened to be a black man.

Not sure about the origin of the name of their next child though.Canada Frost کانادا فراست , maybe they spent some quality time in Calgary , Canada.
At the end of their incursion to north pole where unable to sustain an ice cream business they adopted a child whom later was named "Eskimoo".

BTW: Mashdi jAn, do you know the major difference between Iranian Bastani and western Ice Cream?

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
do you remember the guy who yelled
\
aali alaaska...bastani paris?

heh what paris has to do with ice cream? beats me , alaska was the popcycles or popsicles or frozen fruit flavored sugar-water.
why they called it alaska? i guess it has to do with frozen weather up in alaska? I dont really know :D
we also had Eldorados if you remember which was ice cream on the stick and was covered with chocolate
oh and remember the Negro Kiss? lol that was not even ice cream it was like marshmallow in a chocolate shell or something like that? did not require refrigeration

Dec 12, 2002
usa
meyti jan, i liked those alaska ice creams .the guy usually carried them with a cooler behind his bike .and no one ever get sick from those homemade alaska .they came up with different colours .

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
meyti jan, i liked those alaska ice creams .the guy usually carried them with a cooler behind his bike .and no one ever get sick from those homemade alaska .they came up with different colours .
I still make my own Alaska.it's really easy.mix your favorite choice of flavour powder ( or fresh fruit juice) with water and sugar and pour it in small vodka shot glasses and stick a toothpick (خلال دندان ) in it , put it in the freezer and that's all she wrote.

Dec 12, 2002
usa
no ,it cound not even come close what we had .you were not born yet .those alaska was somethingelse .
btw ,thanks for your tips,should i use rose water and zafran aswell ?.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
no ,it cound not even come close what we had .you were not born yet .those alaska was somethingelse .
btw ,thanks for your tips,should i use rose water and zafran aswell ?.
I don't use rose water or zafran.i like to taste the original fruit juice in my Alaska , be it shatoot , toot farangi , portoghal , limoo torsh & oh yeah Anar.