How many Iranian leaders do you recall visiting Iranian villages like this?

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
and I'm sure, if one of those monarchist kids was around, he could provide me with tons of other pictures of Shah or Farrah visiting villages and hanging out with locals.
1st, the point of picture is not an Iranian leader passing through and gracing the villagers with his presence and then returning to his palace.

2nd, it's great that you have to dig deep to be able to find something remotely comparable to this president's work that turnout to be an Iranian king almost half a century ago.

3rd, I didn't say it's never been done before. Was just wondering when was the last time anyone recalled such things. :--wink:

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
1st, the point of picture is not an Iranian leader passing through and gracing the villagers with his presence and then returning to his palace.
So what does President AN do? Spend the rest of his lifetime in the village or return home?

2nd, it's great that you have to dig deep to be able to find something remotely comparable to this president's work that turnout to be an Iranian king almost half a century ago.
I didn't have to dig deep, you just need to google "Shah Iran Nostalgia" and you get the pictures..or visit iranian.com
and frankly...whether a leader visits a village or not is absolutely irrelevant because no one votes for a leader to visit a village.

3rd, I didn't say it's never been done before. Was just wondering when was the last time anyone recalled such things. :--wink:

yes...and given that the other one was the Shah, it adds value to the simple point that it's so incredibly irrelevant, that it's not even funny.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
I am trying to work out the point that is being made by starting such a thread.

I reached the conclusion that since AN succeeded in his work of of bringing the oil money to our dinner tables, he is going to do the same for these poor villagers ;)

latest result of the "president's work":
Meat = 7000Toman per kilo
Rice = 4000Toman per kilo

Jul 28, 2007

I reached the conclusion that since AN succeeded in his work of of bringing the oil money to our dinner tables, he is going to do the same for these poor villagers ;)

Good post as always.
Behrouz, according to the latest, meat is now 8000 Tooman per Kilo & Rice 5500 Tooman per Kilo.
Of course hezbollahihaye lashkhor keh in poola barashoon pool nist. Darand ba poole nafte in mellat too sefaratkhoonehhe haroom khori mikonand. Dokhtarhaye shohadaro ham sigheh mikonand. daneshjoo ha ro beh kame zendano marg mikeshand....daryaye khazaro dadand be roosha...ma.... j....ha. khejalat ham nemikeshand va hanooz ham zer mizanand. ina az asarate poole mofte.

Last edited:

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003

LOL.
You think the price of meat and rice is the President's work? LOL

On one hand you want the government to stay out of people's business and on the other hand you expect it to micromanage even the price of meat and rice and feed the entire country with the oil money? You guys are so confused from focusing on hating Ahmadinejad that you can't even decide what it is you exactly want. If he spends the oil money on construction and building the villages you blame him for causing inflation by introducing too much currency in the market. If he doesn't spend the money you blame him for not doing anything constructive.

Since you guys are such great economic experts, how do you propose the government help with the construction of the neglected villages, towns, and cities across the country without introducing the oil money in to the market?

That being said if not for the interventions of the government the price of meat and rice would be perhaps ten times higher in a totally free market responding to price of oil and worsening international economy.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
LOL.

On one hand you want the government to stay out of people's business

who said that?
there are fields the goverment should stay in(economic policy as an example), there are fields it should stay out(what people wear, think, believe in etc.)
unfortunately, it's the other way around..

controlling inflation is one of the things a decent government could do as an example..
but hey, visiting villages is good too.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
LOL.
You think the price of meat and rice is the President's work? LOL

On one hand you want the government to stay out of people's business and on the other hand you expect it to micromanage even the price of meat and rice and feed the entire country with the oil money? You guys are so confused from focusing on hating Ahmadinejad that you can't even decide what it is you exactly want. If he spends the oil money on construction and building the villages you blame him for causing inflation by introducing too much currency in the market. If he doesn't spend the money you blame him for not doing anything constructive.

Since you guys are such great economic experts, how do you propose the government help with the construction of the neglected villages, towns, and cities across the country without introducing the oil money in to the market?

That being said if not for the interventions of the government the price of meat and rice would be perhaps ten times higher in a totally free market responding to price of oil and worsening international economy.
As Westi mentioned, OF COURSE, control of prices and the economy IS the job of the government and the head of the government in Iran is supposed to be the president. I don't call this interference in people's lives. I have no idea why you interpret it as such (though I can guess ;) )
Interference in people's lives is telling them what to wear, what to eat and what to say, otherwise you get beaten and jailed and beaten some more while in there.

It was AN himself who said he will bring the oil money to our tables. The result of that promise is the ever more expensive food prices, property prices, fuel, and everything else you can imagine. Or are you saying he didn't make that promise!!!?

Last edited:
May 12, 2007
LOL.
Her is what I suggest. Bring back the concept of sepahe tarvij va abadani" and reform it to a better one. Each university student should finish the education
with a final thesis. Let that thesis be a project. If the thesis should be 1 year project combine it with two years military service which gives 3 years. Send these students to our "rosta" to make life better of our dear rostaeis.
Durring 3 years you will see lots of developments. Students should show their projects to our professors at universities so it has to be good.
Reform our towns so people can use bycyle to go to work if their working place is
close. Continu metro construction not only in Tehran but also in other towns. Since
they have only done work for few town like Tehran people are moving to Tehran
and I believe it is very soon out of control. You need to make other towns attractive.
Distribute goods to public state owned shops so they sell good at state price. This not only creats job but also controls the price.
All schools hospitals must be free. People can not pay the money expensive hospitals demand.
If the government cann't create jobs for our unemployee the government must pay
"hoghoghe bikari". And you do have the money. How about saving 1 billion(1000000000000) $ to this and hospital reforms.
I can mention so many things but this is enought now

Last edited:

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
This is a silly thing to say. What you are saying is that we should do AN's job, because we dare to criticise him.

I am not an expert in economic matters and I am not being paid to be the president.

AhmadiNejad however, IS sthe preseident and he IS the one who acted the expert when he promised all those things before he was selected to the office.
It's HIS JOB to put the economy right, NOT OURS.

But we do have the right to discuss his failures and his empty promises and how things have become worse under him.

Last edited:

Mr Thick

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
You cant find a house in Tehran under 2,300 US$ per metre - before AN was like 500,000 toman per metre.
Meat aziz is more around 8000-9000 toman / kababi is around 16-17,000 toman per KG
Rice is around 4,300 toman - any lower and it is probably some shit*y Pakistani rice.
Inflation i need not even mention it as it is becoming like Zimbabwe with a commodity sometimes jumping 50%...

I'd recommend that our shi*ty leader listens more to Iran's major economic advisor's rather than visiting villages which is basically propaganda for his re-election.

Too een an o goh e mamlekat to ham ashtar khodaee kheylee bikaree ya kheylee bi gham.

YePaDoPa

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2002
I'd recommend that our shi*ty leader listens more to Iran's major economic advisor's rather than visiting villages which is basically propaganda for his re-election.

I second that. What good does it do to help the economy by visiting villages in Iran? The guy has no clue what he is doing to the country. Or he might be doing it purposely so things get worst and then Agha Amam Zaman would come to fix it.

Khoshteep

National Team Player
May 11, 2003
Ye rooz inja Ye rooz oonjaa
You guys must be buying meat near Ahmadinejad's house if you think it is 7 or 8K toman, it is much much more and ashtar is correct the president's job is not so trivial as managing the economy, it is to take care of Palestine and talk about jews lies, to isolate us even more by having pissing match with other countries.

He does not need to concern with these things, he has gotten us the nuclear arms which is more important than the nooneh shab or a roof over their head who people are more than willing to give up for the good of islam, Hezbollah & palestine. Long live IR and their half brain supporters, with this type of sceintific profisors they dont need an opposing view. Somehow they always manage to hang themselves using their own rope.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Aghaye Doktor Ashtare mohtaram,

Are you suggesting that we should judge our president based on a few photo-op's rather than handling of the economoy, social and foreign policies?

Khoshteep

National Team Player
May 11, 2003
Ye rooz inja Ye rooz oonjaa
btw when MR THICK says house he means an apartment and not in a place llike Pasdaran, Kamranieh, Velenjak, Fereshteh..., here's a real life example, an apartmant in downtown (daakhel Tarh) near Ferdousi square on Somayyeh (Sorayya saabegh) with no windows to street or yard which means no natural light, 5 years old, no parking, no storage, crappy architecture and fixtures going for $2400 US per meter, now why dont you IR supporters buy the place and ....up.............astaghforrellah nemizaaran adam baa adab baashe. Dont worry we all be living in the same conditions as these villagers soon enough with the rate we are going and this aint no joke.

hala berin angosht tu kooneh araagho lobnan konin badesh biaain baa eftekhaar bekhandin injaa, az AN gohtar moshakhaseh kia hastan.

Last edited: