How to pick an EPL team!

Sep 11, 2005
arashinho said:
Bill Simmons who is a very funny sportswriter for ESPN has a great column on his quest to pick an EPL team to support. There are some inaacuracies but you have to applaud the effort and although it isn't as funny as his usual stuff, it's still worth a read. Besides I know at least one ISP member will agree with his final pick.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060719
i had just finished reading his piece when I saw your thread..quite a coincident....it is def. worth reading...although Arsenal still rules!

Arsenal

National Team Player
Apr 11, 2003
BWI/PHL
www.arsenalamerica.com
It's pretty clear that this guy doesn't know squat about the EPL though:

"....Arsenal, long-suffering until they finally broke through with a championship in 2004?"

OK, whatever. Also states that Liverpool's biggest rivals are basically any club from London....again whatever, seems to have forgotten ManU and Everton here.

arashinho

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Berkeleyish
Like I said it isn't completely accurate. But for someone who just started learning and writing about soccer it's not that bad. I know you just don't like his pick.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Its a good read but his logic for picking a team is stupid.

First he says, avoid "jumping on the bandwagon" and dont choose them bc they r winning, then later he says dont choose the teams that will get relegated! whats wrong with being a relegated team's fan?!!

and not picking Arsenal bc of its celebrity fans doesnt make sense. who cares if its Bin Laden cheering for Arsenal or Bill Clinton, its the club and team that u should consider before picking a team.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
funny story..

however, if I would be picking a team in england now and didn't have a team, I would go with the arse.

Arse has the most decent fans around and they are all decent guys, the new stadium is nice and it's close to central london.

So anyway...only the Arse...

Aug 26, 2005
LOL, as low class as they make the scousers sound, Arsenal fans, traditionally, are just the same. They just happen to be situated in London.

Go Reds, YNWA!

Going to be a great EPL season this year. Italy's been crapped on, Spain is more about Barca and Real Madrid, in England there are at least 4 very serious competitors in Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal. Let alone the Tottenhams, Newcastles...etc.

Mar 29, 2005
If EPL was really good then England could get better results in WORLD CUP ..
Just look at Germany , We all though German League is much lower in quality measures from EPL ..But look whta Germans Did in WC

So to me I prefer German League and I like Iranian players go to this league . Because they get better experience from these games

Off course Spain League is the master of all leagues . Also French leagues have made some really great players to WC

EPL games is all like Rugby . no art what so ever as soon as a player gets the ballin his posseion . another player will fly to his face ( kabbeee style !!! ) . Just look at all these game and you see what I mean

Look at Gerrard , Roony . Lampard and the Jerraff e ( Peter Crouch)
they did not do as halfd good as spain or Portugal did

anyway I would rather see Spain leagues and German leagues

EPL is just Hot Air . Also I hope Taymourian join Spanish leagues just like Nekunam

Messi19

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Kaz said:
Going to be a great EPL season this year. Italy's been crapped on, Spain is more about Barca and Real Madrid, in England there are at least 4 very serious competitors in Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal. Let alone the Tottenhams, Newcastles...etc.
I hate to spoil the suspense but Chelsea will win by 15+ points as far as their team goes they are in another galaxy thanks to Chelski. If there is any competative league left in Europe its Spain. You always get a suprise teams like Osasona, Real Sociadad, Real Betis, Sevillia, Villareal, and to some extend Valencia making it to the Champions League and perfroming well.

PS it was a funny article, I enjoyed reading it.

Aug 26, 2005
Messi19 said:
I hate to spoil the suspense but Chelsea will win by 15+ points as far as their team goes they are in another galaxy thanks to Chelski. If there is any competative league left in Europe its Spain. You always get a suprise teams like Osasona, Real Sociadad, Real Betis, Sevillia, Villareal, and to some extend Valencia making it to the Champions League and perfroming well.

PS it was a funny article, I enjoyed reading it.
Hah, we'll see sonny jim. ;)

Messi19

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
we shall!:cigar:
Chelsea got to much depth for any team in EPL. My prediction is they will lose 3 games the whole year.

arashinho

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Berkeleyish
of course the portugese league is also better than EPL (just look at the WC). and in 2002 it was obvious that the American, Turkish, Korean, Senegalese leaues were better than the Spanish and Italian leagues.

Dumbass!