How to take the CA DMV test as illiterate?

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
Does anybody know how is it possible to take the written test for an Iranian guy who just moved to US? He went to school up to 5th grade, no English knowledge whatsoever.
I think even the written test in Farsi is difficult for him. BUT, he drove car in Iran and had DL.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
^^5th grade should be enough for a farsi test!! the answers are already online, he just needs to practice.
I can't take the written test in Farsi but I think you are right my grandmother passed the exam and had no problems with it. She never went to college. I think a 5th or 6th grade education should get the job done and you are right the answers are already online, he just needs to practice the key is REPETITION. He should practice it so much that when he sees the question, he instantly recognizes the answer. Oh and no big deal if he fails a few times. Every time you pay for the test, you can take it up to three times.

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
What you guys mean by " the answers are online"? He went to local DMV, they gave him appointment for September, since he has to go to the DMV, they call some Persian guy in Sacramento who will ask him questions on the phone???
Some traffic signs have English words which he can't encipher. He would rather take a spoken (shafahi) test, than the written Farsi test.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
What you guys mean by " the answers are online"? He went to local DMV, they gave him appointment for September, since he has to go to the DMV, they call some Persian guy in Sacramento who will ask him questions on the phone???
Some traffic signs have English words which he can't encipher. He would rather take a spoken (shafahi) test, than the written Farsi test.
You can download the test here.
http://dmvtestinfarsi.com/

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I don't think there is any coverage for illiterates.
Because Driving will require reading skills of Signs.