I beg everyone to please petition IFF to sack Carlos and bring a Vatani coach!

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
کییروش: زمین مناسب برای تمرین نداریم

بی پدر, زمین هایی که روش تمرین میده مثل فرش میمونه ولی وقاحت و دروغ تو روز روشن گفتن رو خوب تو کشور شیعه یاد گرفته.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Naft facility, other than Azadi is only one with a good quality grass in Tehran, but the field is not standard, how you can practice tactical issues, play Inter-Team game in not a standard field?

He never said Naft grass wasn't good, the issue was about the size of field.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@China you bring up some valid points but while Iran's facilities are not Ethopia, they have nice grass and for the national team they have good digs but it is not Japan, Korea and the rich Arab countries. However, we spend moeny on our football, CQ is getting paid over $2,000,000 I know that much and that is very high for a coach representing any Asian team. As for our club football, we get some foreign players(mainly like you said from Africa and some Eastern European countreis) because we pay but that is also if you play for a private team. If you play for a government team like PP or SS, you might be promised $500,000 but you might only get paid $200,000 of that. When I look at how much money UAE pumps into their league, facilities and NT's they get to play, I get jealous. Look at how much tey improved over the last 10 years, both club and NT. I saw it first hand when I as in Abu Dabi and Dubai, beautiful stadiums. The one in Abu Dabi seats 50,000 and it is pimp. They even have mist coming down to cool the people because it can get pretty hot there. BTW I had nothing else to do so I watched some Al Wahda games, when they hosted the Club World Cup a few yars back.

Now I agree again our facilites are not as bad as people think but they are not that great either, I would say mediocre at best, with a few nice ones here and there. Whomever our new coach is should produce because this is a strong TM squad. There is a mix of youth and veteran leadership and CQ should get credit for that. He should also get credit for not being so stubborn(for example Bronko) at least he comes up with different lineups. BTW I thought Iran played well in the WC, under the circumstances. I mean let's be real Bulgaria and T&T are hardly what consider top flight friendly warm ups.

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
This siaah baaz is fooling you aswell as millions of others and you all are traditionally falling for it like we iranians usually fall for all kinds of shit they fed us with. This guy has been moaning from day one but in reality the IR footballers are getting fed well, are training on good grounds with great grass, they are getting well paid, their coach is a well paid individual, they have gyms, they have jacuzzi baths, they have pools, they have everything they need and even more for a lazy third world country and just because they simply cant get it done anymore, they always (like good old shia) find excuses, horrible lies and stuff just to not tell people that one simple truth that: We simply are not a big number.

All those facilities and grounds are very good, its not only Naft, Dastgerdi stadium near shahrak ekbatan, the facility of Pas Tehran is open to him aswell, Azadi itself has numerious standard grounds and the IR team has access to all of them specially zamin haaye shomare yek o do....tamaam in harfaa kos o shere. Nemitoonan, dige na zooreshoon mirese, na estedaadeshoon. Faghat moonde zabooneshoon ke do baraabar ghad o heykaleshoone.

But hey, we are so mahroom, we are like ethiopia....

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
I watched the pictures of Dastegrdi grass while a go and it was disaster, they didn't let the team practice in any of Azadi's facilities, for while they were practicing inside until Queiroz got pissed and finally Naft(and not even federation) offered them their field, he even thanked Naft couple of times but main issue as i have mentioned was the size of field.

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
Sorry, excuse after excuse....there are literally around 6 or 7 football grounds in tehran alone with good to very good grass available to him and his IR team. Basically no one says no when these nokhaale haa want to practice. I know of some european teams who are not having it much better than these guys. He is just not getting it done with these guys and he knows in a country like Iran he only needs to lie big and often and people fall for it. People basically are very used to lie or being lied to so everything is working as planned. To a team like IR, there are even more money, facility and service available than they deserve because they simply lack talent, mentality and the right attitude to be successful in the weakest footballing continent on planet.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Why would they go to practice in Non-Standard field if there are 6-7 available in Tehran according to you then? The issue is IFF is full of $hit and false promises. I agree our facilities is better than many of other 3rd, 4th rated teams in World, but when a team is ranked first in Asia(right or wrong that is something else) you don't deserve to go through these headaches for freaking field only.

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
Why would they go to practice in Non-Standard field if there are 6-7 available in Tehran according to you then? The issue is IFF is full of $hit and false promise.
A complete lie. The same IR federation is licking his balls, are paying him a good amount of money for basically not winning anything, they are not even asking him to promise success, they have listened to this siaah baaz in a lot of cases and fulfilled his desire...the thing is this siaah baaz is even fooling the IR federation. They too, like you guys think they are dealing with an overman. In reality this guy is someone who simply wouldnt be offered this kind of money for having such an easy life with no pressure to win anything.
I agree our facilities is better than many of other second rated teams in World
Yup. But how comes i had to start this session to make people realize this? For many many years, the lies of various managers and specially the lies of this siaah baaz CQ had made people -once again- blindly believe we are on the same level as likes of Ethiopia in terms of facility and finance?

That once again shows one thing: Iranians generally get fooled easily. No matter if graduated from Harvard or baghaale sare koocheh and this is why we are in this sorry state. No one asks questions, no one investigates, its enough that a siaah baaz like CQ (who was pursued and investigated by portuguese police for earning dubious dalaali money by bring an unknown player from the third portuguese league to manchester united who never did anything for United than just costing them money and effort) says something and those words become Quran. People even go out and bash others based on unverified words of someone, without ever questioning anythong. This has always been part of the sad and backward story of iranian people.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
When he came to Iran and even after a year watching TM i wasn't enjoying football played by TM under CQ. Really conservative, picking up many defensive minded players instead of attacking ones and the highlight was losing to Uzabks and Lebanon BUT, now i give him reason why he did that, as i said in 2010 up to 2014 we didn't have players to play attractive football and at the same time getting results which is the ultimate goal.

Now about not winning anything, i totally disagree. I mean what he could have won and he didn't?

He came in Iran with two major mandates:

1) Qualifying this team to WC
2) Doing well in Asian Cup and make it to top 4(as he said before Asian Cup)

Now he achieved first one, we played one Ok, one decent and one bad game in WC(more than what i expected from this team, because i knew the capacity of players),the 2006 team with too many stars didn't achieve anything better though.
About Asian Cup well as i said that many times we came a penalty short to make it to top 4 with 10 men for over 90 minutes, now you or anyone can say this is just excuse but if you look at that game with fair eye, you would agree, Iraq could never beat us in even strength, but that is football...

Now why would IFF let him go? He has been in charge for 5 years, knows players, environment, introduced many young players and let say if they let him walk, who would be alternatives? No one better than him in level of profile when it comes to foreigners and i don't need to talk about Vatanis.

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
Well, i think you guys very well took my point so there is no need to repeat things.

Bottom line: Money is there, facility and training equipment is there, well fed and well paid players are there, well paid coach is there and your IR team still doesnt get it done and loses to likes of Jordan, war torn Iraq and get dominated by likes of Uzbekistan and Emirates. Two things are the main factors: 1- The talent level is simply not as high as we Iranians always thought and still think it is and 2- This is what IR football is all about because 40 years of of islamic republic culture and mentality, simply doesnt educate the players the right way and the attitude, mentality and the culture of the players makes at least 50% of success of a team. A player who automatically knows what to say and how to excuse the loss even before a game starts, simply wont ever improve let alone to win anything no matter how much you pay him, no matter who coaches him and no matter where he practices because he is trimmed to not accept any fault, he is brought up blaming everything on others or other things. I mean everything is so obvious, the fans of that IR teams are exactly the same way, the exuses find no end, there is no shutting up and delivering, there is always lie after lie, there is always a ridiculous excuse after another one....there is no end in sight. This is IR football, this is IR fanhood, this is IR mentality in general.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
I don't think fair fans look for excuses, I for one give credit when they play good, when some one shines in regular base and i see good future in him and i criticize players, coaching staffs, IFF when they deserve it.

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
شان فوتبال ما به چيست؟ زمينهاى چمن عالى! استاديومهاى نو ساز!وزير ورزش كار بلد مان! رييس فدراسيون فوتبالى!مربيان تراز اول! نتايج درخشان باشگاهى در اسيا! قدرتمان در كنفدراسيون اسيا!!!! اگر براى فوتبالمان شانى هم مانده باشد صدقه سر كيروش و پشت كار بازى كنانمان است

شأن فوتبال ايران جايى است كه شأن گذرنامه ايرانى است، جايى است كه ارزش پول ملى و اعتبار ايران براى داد و ستد بين المللى است، جايى است كه روابط سياسى دوستانه با كشورهاى ديگر و قطعنامه هاى مكرر جهانى بعنوان تهديد كننده صلح و ثبات جهانى است، جايى است كه فوتبال پايه ايران در مدارس و محلات و روستاها و سرمايه گذاريهاى انجام شده است. جايى است كه ارزش و اهميت نيمى از جمعيت كشور ، يعنى زنان براى حضور در صحنه ورزش و فعاليت در ان است..چرا كره جنوبى با اسپانيا بازى مى كند و ما با مقدونيه ؟ يكبار به سئول برويد، جوابش را مى فهميد... فقط چهارصد فضاى ورزشى تجهيز شده براى شهروندان سئول وجود دارد... راجع به هتل ها، فرودگاه ها، شاهراه ها،... صحبتى نمى كنم

May 9, 2004
کیروش نسبتا به بقیه مربی های خارجی که اوردیم یکمی بهتربوده تا الان و
فکر میکنم ان هم بخاطر این است که توانست از بین بازیکنان ایرانی که در خارج فوتبال بازی میکردند تقریبا بهترین ها رو انتخاب کنه
همچنین خط دفاعی رو خوب ساخته
خارج از این دو چیز کیروش کار بخصوصی هنوز انجام نداده
تو جام جهانی مثل بقیه دفعات یه مساوی دو باخت
در مقدماتی جام جهانی تا اخرین دقیقه دستهامون رو قلبمون که صعود می کنیم یا سقوط
جام اسیا هم که نبردیم که بگیم کیروش جام اسیا را برد
ولی کلا از بقیه مربی ها چند دهه گذشته همانطور که گفتم یکم بهتر بوده
ولی کار بخصوصی هنوز انجام نداده که براش حساب باز کنیم

Nov 29, 2002
10 years ago and 20 years ago we had players littering La liga, bundesliga etc...
Now our "peak player" (in terms of age) Hajsafi with his 80 caps has been relegated from Germany's second league. 15 years ago we had players like Sergik Teymourian and Reza Torabian (who were no way near TM) playing at higher levels.

There is a complete dearth of talent in TM. When teams like Japan and Korea have outstanding players. We have fallen behind hugely at grass-roots level.

What this guy has done with this complete lack of talent and IRI politics is nothing short of miraculous. I was in Brazil and I remember the Argentine fans in front of me shocked out of their skulls about what we were doing to them. As well as playing disciplined football with players who are not at the same standard as our stars in the past, and for the first time we have seen good consistent possession football, he has opened the door to the iranian diaspora, something we will reap for a long time to come.

When CQ leaves and is replaced by an oghdei vatani coach or a z-list croat it will be a dark day for iranian football.

kambujiyeh

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
This siaah baaz is fooling you aswell as millions of others and you all are traditionally falling for it like we iranians usually fall for all kinds of shit they fed us with. This guy has been moaning from day one but in reality the IR footballers are getting fed well, are training on good grounds with great grass, they are getting well paid, their coach is a well paid individual, they have gyms, they have jacuzzi baths, they have pools, they have everything they need and even more for a lazy third world country and just because they simply cant get it done anymore, they always (like good old shia) find excuses, horrible lies and stuff just to not tell people that one simple truth that: We simply are not a big number.

All those facilities and grounds are very good, its not only Naft, Dastgerdi stadium near shahrak ekbatan, the facility of Pas Tehran is open to him aswell, Azadi itself has numerious standard grounds and the IR team has access to all of them specially zamin haaye shomare yek o do....tamaam in harfaa kos o shere. Nemitoonan, dige na zooreshoon mirese, na estedaadeshoon. Faghat moonde zabooneshoon ke do baraabar ghad o heykaleshoone.

But hey, we are so mahroom, we are lethiopia....
I am sorry but as usual the discussion has taken a turn towards shit. I want to address some of the items you have brought up so far which underlie your illogical reasoning. Firstly, you keep referring to IRI and the BS siah bazi and message that is given to us gullible folks. In my 19+ years of being on this forum, I could be accused of many things, but a sympathizer or believer in anything IRI is NOT one of them. Yes I have calmed down a lot since then, now pushing 50 I am not the young passionate fool that I used be, but have since discovered the world is not black and white. You my friend seem to be one of those that is looking at this issue with BW glasses.
You have mentioned Iran's performance and lack of winning anything major as a point. Point taken. No argument here. We have not won anything since 1970s. But lets look at the fact here for a second. Iran's football was an amateur football even while we were winning the major tournaments in the 70s. Trust me I was there and saw many of the games. Then the revolution happened. Our football was basically dead until early 1990s and only rekindled some momentum in 1996 when we got some really nice talent. With sheer will we made the 98 WC and were slowely making steps towards getting back as a contender in Asia. Now go back and look at the fields, the TM jersey and you tell me if what we had was anything resembling a standard field even for an African country.

Now let's look at 20 years since 1996. Where are we exactly? O football is still semi professional AT BEST. We have talented players, but still no real backbone. No real youth and development program. We have OK with talent and that is the truth. So let's not kid ourselves thinking we are all that.

Finally, lets look at CQ and his demands. You copy paste a few training facilities and claim they are world class. You show a field of grass and claim that this is world class. I am sorry my friend but you have no CLUE what a professional facility is supposed to look like. And that grass field. Well the fact is that the grass fields in Iran as not the same fields and grass that is used in Europe and other professional fields. The grass fields there are MUCH faster making the game and passing that much more speedy. Also when CQ is demanding better fields, he is not asking this for his ameh. It is for the youth level, the semi professional level, for the other cities that still have shit for a field and ... Instead of thanking someone that has the balls to ask for something, you are accusing him of being two faced. This man has taken on a responsibility (largely due to the love he has received from Iranians) to speak on behalf of a nation and point the fingers directly at IFF and IRI and their sheer incompetence. He knows he will not even get 10% if what he is asking for. You claim we are gullible and stupid for falling for IRI and its claims, yet you copy paste a few pictures from a ISNA and fall for the BS photo op pictures that they want you to fall for :) Now who is the fool here?

What CQ has done for TM is to provide a true identity for our football team. We now have a good idea of what to expect from Iran. A team that is solidly defensive, with fast counter attacks and excellent set plays. That my friend is a pretty good start for a team that 6 years ago was playing what I call jungle ball. Now do I believe we are good enough to win the Asian Cup at this point? Hell no. We are still miles away from the likes of Japan and Australia. This is a fact. But we are far closer to where we need to be and I for one love what i am seeing.

kambujiyeh

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
10 years ago and 20 years ago we had players littering La liga, bundesliga etc...
Now our "peak player" (in terms of age) Hajsafi with his 80 caps has been relegated from Germany's second league. 15 years ago we had players like Sergik Teymourian and Reza Torabian (who were no way near TM) playing at higher levels.

There is a complete dearth of talent in TM. When teams like Japan and Korea have outstanding players. We have fallen behind hugely at grass-roots level.

What this guy has done with this complete lack of talent and IRI politics is nothing short of miraculous. I was in Brazil and I remember the Argentine fans in front of me shocked out of their skulls about what we were doing to them. As well as playing disciplined football with players who are not at the same standard as our stars in the past, and for the first time we have seen good consistent possession football, he has opened the door to the iranian diaspora, something we will reap for a long time to come.

When CQ leaves and is replaced by an oghdei vatani coach or a z-list croat it will be a dark day for iranian football.
Dr jan. We are illogical folks and our expectations are largely indicative of this fact. On one side of the mouth we speak with disdain and utter disguist at our system, and with the other side we speak as though we have the best talent, best this and that. We are what we are. An up and coming footballing country in a part of the world that is way behind the world football. Asia even considering Japan and Australia is far behind LATAM, Europe and Africa. We are where Turkey was some 30 years ago. That is the truth. What we need is a course in managing expectations and understand that making WC is as big an accomplishment as we can expect. Unless we get an absolutely lucky break, I dont think we have what it takes to make the second round. We should expect a 3rd or last place finish in our group again. That is simply the reality. Our goal has to be to increase our foot print in European Leagues and follow the Australian model. In the meantime we need to build from the ground a true youth and development program and have a 15 to 30 year plan.

You guys can write pages and pages of an emotional stories of CQ this CQ that, we play the sexiest football and etc .. for the 1000 time at the end of the day is all about winning and Iran and Team Melli are not exempted from this rule

Talking about football is a never ending debate and there is no end to it , like Against Argentina their Fans were like WOW ...!!! then what did Bosnia Fans say ?

It's the dream of every players and coaches to win trophies and this is what football is all about, whether you play for a local team in Djibouti or you're playing in one the top 5 European leagues You are remembered and respected for what you have achieved not how good you play. each FA spends millions of dollars on coaches and a team just to win trophies and go on the history book.

At the end of the day it's remembered the like of Heshmat Mohajerani has won the Asian Cup and also took Iran to the Worldcup. and he did it when Asia had only one spot among only 16 teams . He did it when almost 50% of our games played on Zamin Khaki . some might differentiate between now and then but football is football no matter where and when you play it.

we played if not the best but one of our best football between 1996-1998 and most of those players started the legionnaire era and found themselves in top european teams and this came under a vatani coach who we hate the most . but that's still useless because as much as we achieved individually we failed as a team and this is why no one talks a lot about those 2 years because we won nothing to remember .

Pep is remembered for what he achieved at Barca not for what he did at Bayern because he couldn't match and outscore Heynckes trophy wise while he played a more elegant football than him.

So I ain't pointing my finger at CQ and this has nothing to do with IR and IFF . I am pointing at some of us who believe this is it for us and just because we play better then we have almost achieved everything , this is nothing but downgrading . there is no FA on this planet that keep paying millions for playing a good game, so at the end of the day this team needs to win something and as I mentioned for Asians team there are only two options.

Last edited:

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Dr jan. We are illogical folks and our expectations are largely indicative of this fact. On one side of the mouth we speak with disdain and utter disguist at our system, and with the other side we speak as though we have the best talent, best this and that. We are what we are. An up and coming footballing country in a part of the world that is way behind the world football. Asia even considering Japan and Australia is far behind LATAM, Europe and Africa. We are where Turkey was some 30 years ago. That is the truth. What we need is a course in managing expectations and understand that making WC is as big an accomplishment as we can expect. Unless we get an absolutely lucky break, I dont think we have what it takes to make the second round. We should expect a 3rd or last place finish in our group again. That is simply the reality. Our goal has to be to increase our foot print in European Leagues and follow the Australian model. In the meantime we need to build from the ground a true youth and development program and have a 15 to 30 year plan.
Spot on, I don't know what people expecting from a coach? There is no emotion or any thing involved when we talk about TM as some claims, at least not for me.
As i said 1000 times, he had two mandates , WC and Asian Cup. People say qualifying to WC should be easy with 4.5 spots. We are no more in 1970-1980 or even 1990s. The gap between the teams is not like before, you see barely total domination and scores of more than 3-4 goals per game, unless in 70s or 80s and 90s. Any 2nd or 3rd rated Asian side can upset big teams like it was the case during this competition. Same in Europe, look at teams like Iceland, Albania, Northern Ireland, Wales are there and likes Holland, Greece, Norway and few others miss it. Who would have thought Holland miss a Euro of 24 teams?

I don't get what people mean by winning?!?! Maybe they expect us to win the WC! So he achieved half of what he promised which was qualifying this team to WC, most important tournament in world (even though he never promised winning Asian Cup), now his new mandate is to qualifying this team for second consecutive time to WC AND to win Asian Cup, yes the latter one will count as well.

People talk like we have been regular participant in WC. 4 times only in history, not a twice consecutive even.