I cant go back!

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
hello everyone;
long time....I missed ISP (well internet really bcs most of the sites are blocked in iran and I didnt get vpn cuz it slows the already nerve wrecking slow internet there). I was in iran for over 2 months but came back last week.

anyway if you are like me and are from tehran then I have bad news. I wanted to go back to iran and live there for good but tehran is Not liveable at all the air is killing people but no one talks about it or does anything about it. The air is full of lead and benzine and other cancer-causing chemicals. You can throw a flash light up in the air at night and see the pollution yourself. It is like someone got tons of steel wool and crushed them and then threw them up in the air.

I walked a few blocks and I got sick for days throwing up and am still coughing up black shi* off my lungs. One cab driver said his daughter has been in hospital for few days coughing up blood and many of my own friends got sick from breathing the shi*!

They closed the schools many times while I was there once for 2 or 3 days in a row! but whats the use the same poison comes into the houses so its not like you are safe inside! I had to send my mother to live with my sister way out of town cuz she was very ill (once her blood pressure dropped so low that it was life threatening) but now is doing good!

for me other towns are out of question cuz I dont know anyone in business and the stupidity of the regime has worsen the problem of centralizing tehran so bad that other cities dont even count
the faces of other cities may look as good as tehran but they only have some of the problems and no solutions.
I knew when the stupid jomboori crap was installed in iran it was beginning of the end but never thought or imagined that the god damn place be so bad!
basically the country is bi sahab and every idiot with power is taking his damn share and sucking the blood out of the nation at any cost.
all those stupid and ugly looking towers they made are purposely destroying the old and beautiful neighborhoods.... and that is another problem....

so basically iran is finished and I for 1 will never go back to live there not unless the spineless/yellow and comatose ppl wake up, rise up and kick this zionist sucking regime's a** to kingdom come! and even then it will take many years of rebuilding and innovating to get rid of some of the problems.

May 12, 2007
Did you lose your mind? Now that you have done so much to live abroad you go back when every thing is worse the country is under huge sanction the most savage iranian stay in the government.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Thanks for sharing your experience Meyti jaan. I'm hearing similar experiences from other friends who came back recently. :(

For the sake of the people, I hope the pollution problem gets solved once the sanctions start getting lifted and they can start importing lead free petrol, but decentralization is obviously a longer term issue that needs to get done.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I think it is somewhat dangerous to keep promising people that if this government fades away Iran is gone significantly improve.
To me Iran has the potential to get get much worse in terms of safety if this regime goes by the way side.

I guess What I am trying to say is Better Governance is a necessity but not sufficient and nor is it guaranteed if this government were to fail.

as a society we are used to the idea of somebody else doing things for us. we are definitely not involved in things that matter in our society.

a realistic expectation for an Iran with 20 years of Ok governance could be something close to what Turkey or Argentina or Mexico are today.

That is an oligarchy where a bunch of elites call the shots and the people have the ability to select from those establishment choices.

But We are likely to remain a corrupt country that is full of injustices. A place where laws are circumvented, cronyism and nepotism is rampant.

If we hope to be the next South Korea we are likely to be utterly disappointed.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I think it is somewhat dangerous to keep promising people that if this government fades away Iran is gone significantly improve.
To me Iran has the potential to get get much worse in terms of safety if this regime goes by the way side.
LOL. Yes, as the famous saying goes, when things hit rock bottom, they can only go down from there! ;)

That is an oligarchy where a bunch of elites call the shots and the people have the ability to select from those establishment choices.
You seemed to be all fine with that system including an Islamist component, but heaven forbid if that Islamist component is taken out - all hell will break loose?!

Last edited:
May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
unfortunately the dying patient (iran) is in it's final breaths after 1400 years of social, economical, ecological and cultural rape and injury.

and it is all our own fault. Every single one of us (except those who gave their lives) are guilty.

Last edited:

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Residan beh khey sha meyti.....
regarding the pollutants..........more than one Tehranis have suggested the government is spreading stuff in the air at nights!! did you hear anything about that? could it be that what you saw was more than just the usual CO....?

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Residan beh khey sha meyti.....
regarding the pollutants..........more than one Tehranis have suggested the government is spreading stuff in the air at nights!! did you hear anything about that? could it be that what you saw was more than just the usual CO....?
It's not carbon monoxide Massoud jaan. They've been using domestic gasoline since the sanctions kicked in and the fuel doesn't go through the proper processes that international fuels do (what we were getting before) to remove dangerous pollutants like lead. I think Ali (Sly) originally reported this about a year ago when he went for a visit and at the time I remember doing some simple and quick calculations (posted on ISP) that within a few months lead would be at near lethal limits, so that's where we are today.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
It's not the crappy fuel or the government's intention polluting the air in Tehran.

I recently came back from Tehran and there's really not much that can be done about Tehran's air at this point. It is what it is. Cleaner fuel is not going to make much of a difference.

Tehran is a dead-end for air-flow and the population-density is absolutely outrageous. There's nothing drastic that can be done to help the pollution except completely outlawing private cars. Even then, the slightest pollution will remain suspended in Tehran's atmosphere for days.

All said and done, Tehran is an amazingly unique city that is populated by mostly idiots. I hate what people have done to this marvel of a location on Earth.

AFRIRAN

IPL Player
Jun 8, 2010
canada, tehran, landan ,efrighaa.... shomaa irooni haa kojaa raazi hastin, bebaranetoon behesht baazam eeraad migirn ke hooriaash sooraakh nadaaran....

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
It's not the crappy fuel or the government's intention polluting the air in Tehran.

I recently came back from Tehran and there's really not much that can be done about Tehran's air at this point. It is what it is. Cleaner fuel is not going to make much of a difference.

Tehran is a dead-end for air-flow and the population-density is absolutely outrageous. There's nothing drastic that can be done to help the pollution except completely outlawing private cars. Even then, the slightest pollution will remain suspended in Tehran's atmosphere for days.

All said and done, Tehran is an amazingly unique city that is populated by mostly idiots. I hate what people have done to this marvel of a location on Earth.
They don't even have to outlaw private cars. if they just started towing all non-cabbies in big business and office districts.
it will force people to freaking use the public transit.
I mean really the ride share taxis in Iran is just really good concept. it is just that people love their cars and now that dollar has appreciated fuel is considered cheap once again.

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
They don't even have to outlaw private cars. if they just started towing all non-cabbies in big business and office districts.
it will force people to freaking use the public transit.
I mean really the ride share taxis in Iran is just really good concept. it is just that people love their cars and now that dollar has appreciated fuel is considered cheap once again.
which public transit ...?

filled metros or out of date few buses?

if the people of iran were actually selfless enough and enlightened about environment and future generations to use public transit at least 400-500 metro stations are required for greater Tehran.

The public transit has to be there for people to use it. the education has to be there for people to think about it and unfortunately your dear akhounds pocket the money and absolutely do not give a shit about iranian people and iran as did their blood thirsty arab ancestors when they brutally invaded iran at the time of omar.

what is this insistence you have (i have noticed this over the years) to super impose rules, attitudes and government of North America and Europe to Iran. I guess it is your way of saying that IR is not far from where we are over here. I have no idea if there is an intent behind this or really you are naive and misinformed enough to actually draw such comparisons and parallels, whatever the case, YOU ARE DREAMING or you think PEOPLE WHO VISIT HERE ARE STUPID.

there is absolutely no advantage ( and never has been since the islamic revolution of people of iran) in living in iran over living in Western Europe, US, Canada, Australia (the common immigrant destinations). The only reason someone would really really would have a better life in iran other than outside is that they eat from the SAME TOILET AS AKHOUNDS. that means they BEND OVER AND TAKE IT FROM AKOUNDS for a percentage that allows them to BEND OVER ORDINARY IRANIANS and giving it to them.

there is nothing that will help iranian environment, urban situation, ecology, endangered speices etc etc (i mean issues that are more under care in democratic, civilized societies) is to have people running departments and organizations that actually care about the people and the country of iran and that has not happened for three decades and never will under these scumbags.

Last edited:

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
which public transit ...?

filled metros or out of date few buses?

if the people of iran were actually selfless enough and enlightened about environment and future generations to use public transit at least 400-500 metro stations are required for greater Tehran.

The public transit has to be there for people to use it. the education has to be there for people to think about it and unfortunately your dear akhounds pocket the money and absolutely do not give a shit about iranian people and iran as did their blood thirsty arab ancestors when they brutally invaded iran at the time of omar.
People were using public transport (cabbies), Buses and Minibuses before Khatami Era policy of Producing Millions of Cars Annually.

The Metro would be a huge plus. BRT Expansion,... all helps.

but I remember back when I was kid because most people did not have cars all teachers got shuttles to get them back and forth.
all large businesses used to have shuttles.

These programs have largely gone away because nobody used them since many families (Middle Class) now had two cars and were no enticed to use public transportation.

If it is was not a political stability question the sensibleness economic thing would be for a country like Iran with so much pollution to gradually raise the price of Gasoline to force

industry and people to drive less.

if the incentives are there all these young unemployed men would be willing to drive a MiniBus to make money.

Oct 20, 2003
I agree with Soroush, because of Tehran location, dirty air is trapped and just hangs over the city. I remember even back in 1970s, every time I was coming down from Lashkarrak, I could see a thick dark ugly over the city; it was a problem even then when the population was about half of what it is today. The cleanest gasoline will not make a dent in Tehran's pollution with its population and geographical location. Besides, Ahvaz's air pollution is even worst than Tehran, I am not even mentioning Karun's water pollution, one sip of tap water, and you are going to do some motor savari toward the movall for a while.
Ahvaz made Time magazine most polluted city in the world, even though it does not have the mountains to trap the dirty air ; Ahvaz's problem is industry related, not due to geographical or population.
On top of all that, we have now the new phenomenon of gard o khak which occasionally covers western Iran from the Persian Gulf all the way to Tehran and eastward to Isfahan Yazd and beyond. Very depressing.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005

Then how come Isfahan's pollution is just as fucked up. The gasoline has to have some impact. I know zob ahan & foolad mobareke pollute the city but the gasoline is also a factor because a few years ago it wasn't this fucked up as it is now.

May 12, 2007
It's not carbon monoxide Massoud jaan. They've been using domestic gasoline since the sanctions kicked in and the fuel doesn't go through the proper processes that international fuels do (what we were getting before) to remove dangerous pollutants like lead. I think Ali (Sly) originally reported this about a year ago when he went for a visit and at the time I remember doing some simple and quick calculations (posted on ISP) that within a few months lead would be at near lethal limits, so that's where we are today.
Exactly. But generally if one can remove part of the Mountains smoke will not be enclosed in the town. Will it?

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Then how come Isfahan's pollution is just as fucked up. The gasoline has to have some impact. I know zob ahan & foolad mobareke pollute the city but the gasoline is also a factor because a few years ago it wasn't this fucked up as it is now.
Isfahan's air is dirty but it is no Comparison to Tehran, Mashhad, or Ahavaz.

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
Thanks a lot guys for your input and comments.
bad gasoline is a very dangerous problem which dont exist in other countries. Here in USA they outlawed Lead over 35 years ago and use Catalytic Convertors to filter the exhaust in all the cars.
In fact they charge twice for vehicle inspection (Moayeneh machine) now because of the emission control system check.

Masous jan thanks for kind words but as far as the spraying goes all I saw were the usual Chemtrails sprayed by NATO planes which is going on in every country in the world with no exceptions! Even in far away places like Bam they spray and by afternoons you have this fog-looking stuff all over the place.
If you dont see the planes it doesnt mean they have not sprayed. Look at the sun in clear day and see the huge Halo around it then you se what I am saying otherwise you can see the lines all over the skies...

I also heard they built so many of those towers (which I call Borje Zahre Maar) bcs of the profits and blockd the western opening of the city thus blocking the little air which used to clean the air.

I am telling you a country without a King is Doomed and is going to be destroyed....it is just matter of time ...the Mexico was also a victim of the goddamn zionist bastards who defeated the French monarchy and thus ruined mexico and the stupid brainwashed ppl who fell for the zionist media/propaganda cheered as their country was destroyed. the jews used thugs like pancho vila and other gangs of thugs and provided guns to them to destroy mexico...then made them heroes by the media! shi* the same damn thing all over just go look at the history...al the thugs are good and a;;l the good kings are villains...huh....

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
BTW I am having Internet problem here so I go off line a lot.
2- My Take on Iran:
The people are generally very good and I was very surprised that despite the fact that they have lived under so much pressure (politically, economically, socially, religiously etc.) they mainly remained Iranian!
Speaking to middle aged people I noticed that they are mostly very religious and Know the regime is Not! That is very good news since they are smart enough to know who is who and what is what. There are few exceptions among the same group.

The younger generation tho are mostly disappointing because they do not have their priorities right. They are fascinated by new technologies and got to have the latest and the greatest and they mostly will get the latest and the greatest too but forgotten the value of our culture.

I see a lot of older ex-university students for instance working practically for Free for the sake of keeping our Historical places in good shape. They put a lot of hours and put a lot of effort and time on preserving part of our culture despite the fact that the gov. doesnt assign nearly enough budget to do so.
I saw this man working hard fixing the damages to the Bam's Arg and he told me he buries 18 of his family members with his own hands! He had lost everyone in that earth quake and was the lone survivor! yet he worked hard to preserve the structures! (younger version of the same man would go after some electronic and plastic junk made in china and would not give a damn about history or Bam or culture or etc...)!

Another problem is the gov. assistance or Yaraneh (or whatever they call it) They pay the farmers to quit working the farms and go to the cities and hang out!?

I sometimes think that no one can be that stupid and they are doing it on purpose to destroy Iran and satisfy their british masters. I mean really ...

Another problem is that everyone loves money too much and will do anything to get more! As one very wise cab driver told me the problem is with the people who will eat Haraam money and that has made them evil. It is true whether you believe in it or not. The money obtained from Wrong sources will become their own chains enslaving them to the regime and its supporters and then cannot go right.

The money is mostly in the hands of Sepaah. They are like the wahaabis in saudi and have direct connection with Israel! (and in politics the brits and israel are the one and the same)! You can read a whole book off this 1 line!... So you figure the rest....

PS I dont care if I am here another 100 years. I am Iranian and want to go back to my roots. I never feel 100% like an American (nor do I look nor can I act like one so why bother?) That is why I wanted to go back home. I have been here enough really and my parents are getting old and need someone...
I really wished I could go for good. I hate the damn system here as much as I hate it there both stink and more and more the IR is copying the shi**y system here and in UK...
...but here it is more likely for us to become victims of injustice than there.
dont forget that We still have real every-day Iranians working inside of IR regime, so it is less likely to be victimized by those. Besides the new prez. (rohaani) is trying to make things right like for instance he is investigating the high frequency signals that the idiots put out to mess up satellite signals which cause cancer especially for the kids and new born and wants to put a stop to that nonsense. Also wants to bring ahmaghi nejad to trial for cheating in the votes lol yeah that will be the day...but anyway he is talking tough and wants some action...we will see...
As I said the country without a king is a country without an owner. all these idiots which we call president are like the renters...mostly do more damage than good!