I cant go back!

Oct 20, 2003
Bad massab een Aromatics hamcheen boy e khobi ham nadareh.

On a more serious note, I wonder if Asbestos is still used in brake pads (lente tormoz) in Iran.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
There is (almost) no lead in gasoline in Iran .
Everything else you posted is above my pay-grade.
but anecdotally I think what you said about Gasoline in Iran being almost lead free is not accurate.

if you go virtually all gas stations in Iran the one single pump that is labeled Super Gasoline and the other one that is labeled "Unleaded Gasoline" are mere minority of the pumps in the gas station.

Indeed 99% percent of the times those pumps are not busy.

Because Samands, Persias, Prides, Peykans, Nissan Bars all pump at the Normal pumps.

May 12, 2007
I think it is somewhat dangerous to keep promising people that if this government fades away Iran is gone significantly improve.
To me Iran has the potential to get get much worse in terms of safety if this regime goes by the way side.

I guess What I am trying to say is Better Governance is a necessity but not sufficient and nor is it guaranteed if this government were to fail.

as a society we are used to the idea of somebody else doing things for us. we are definitely not involved in things that matter in our society.

a realistic expectation for an Iran with 20 years of Ok governance could be something close to what Turkey or Argentina or Mexico are today.

That is an oligarchy where a bunch of elites call the shots and the people have the ability to select from those establishment choices.

But We are likely to remain a corrupt country that is full of injustices. A place where laws are circumvented, cronyism and nepotism is rampant.

If we hope to be the next South Korea we are likely to be utterly disappointed.
There is young very clever and qvick generation in Iran that are much more talented than the last generation and is able to direct Iran to a better direction.
It is also possible that the coutry fell in hands of undemocratic and corrupted people once again. But I am almost sure that the new government will stay away
from IIslam and khorfat to obtain some populaity.
But I think IR stands strong in Iran the next 10 years or more

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
BT-Jan, I disagree. There is a lot that can be done to clean up Tehran's pollution. I usually go back to Tehran during Nowrouz holidays every two or three years. I noticed that the air is a lot cleaner and actually half tolerable. It is the only time of the year that you can stand on the foothills of the mountains to the north, look south, and see all the way to Behesht Zahra. The reason is that almost half of the cars either leave Tehran or are just parked somewhere. Also, I am guessing that most factories are either closed or not operating in full capacity. It goes to show that these things do make a lot of difference. It is definitely possible to save this city and its people for this horrible tragedy. However it requires proper management which does not exist and unfortunately I am not optimistic that it will exist anytime soon.
Azizjan, you said it yourself and pretty much agreed with me! It's the cars and plants that are causing the pollution and unless 12-15 million people stop using their cars, there's nothing that can be done about Tehran's air.

What are we going to do? Require people to use electric cars? Good luck with that. Require them to use public transit? Not in a 1000 years. For public transit (Metro) to be sufficient it needs to be 100 times its current size, and even then most people are simply unwilling to give up their cars.

Iran's whole economy actually depends on Tehran being the way it is. Without Tehran being a dirty clusterfuck of humans swarming its streets, the face of Iran's economy will drastically change. There is so much at stake that it's just impossible to untie the knots just for the sake of air-pollution.

Tehran will remain the way it is for the foreseeable future regardless of who governs Iran.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
There is young very clever and qvick generation in Iran that are much more talented than the last generation and is able to direct Iran to a better direction.
It is these generic statements that I'm often amused by.

Azizjan, how about some scientific reasoning or data to back up your optimistic claim here? The talent and intelligence delta is rarely significant from generation to generation. That's a biological fact.

If anything, the newer generation in Iran is a danger to its near future because it has had no 'point of reference' for Iran's days of doom or glory. It hasn't seen the pre-revolution days, nor has it experienced the devastation brought upon by the war. It's a generation of empty words, empty promises and religious propaganda fed by the education system, the media and even their own parents since birth.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Azizjan, you said it yourself and pretty much agreed with me! It's the cars and plants that are causing the pollution and unless 12-15 million people stop using their cars, there's nothing that can be done about Tehran's air.

What are we going to do? Require people to use electric cars? Good luck with that. Require them to use public transit? Not in a 1000 years. For public transit (Metro) to be sufficient it needs to be 100 times its current size, and even then most people are simply unwilling to give up their cars.

Iran's whole economy actually depends on Tehran being the way it is. Without Tehran being a dirty clusterfuck of humans swarming its streets, the face of Iran's economy will drastically change. There is so much at stake that it's just impossible to untie the knots just for the sake of air-pollution.

Tehran will remain the way it is for the foreseeable future regardless of who governs Iran.
I disagree and more importantly refuse to give in. What kind of bachehe Tehroon are you? but seriously there are things that can be done starting with making all vehicles natural gas driven. If IR invests on that as much as they have done in Lebanon we would have cleaned Tehran's air by now. It is doable.....one of few things that is in fact doable.....is it going to be easy - no - will it take time - yes......but it is doable.

May 12, 2007
It is these generic statements that I'm often amused by.

Azizjan, how about some scientific reasoning or data to back up your optimistic claim here? The talent and intelligence delta is rarely significant from generation to generation. That's a biological fact.

If anything, the newer generation in Iran is a danger to its near future because it has had no 'point of reference' for Iran's days of doom or glory. It hasn't seen the pre-revolution days, nor has it experienced the devastation brought upon by the war. It's a generation of empty words, empty promises and religious propaganda fed by the education system, the media and even their own parents since birth.
Do they allow scientific research about these things in Iran? These are all what we have been told but there are also evidence that it s true.
I know lots of IT firms Who employ iranians inside to find soluions for their software. They are cheep and work as good as indians. The green movement was inspired by young Iranians something you never saw from the elder generation. Who destroyed it? the old generation likes of sazgara, Norizadeh Mosavi,...
They have learned from the last generations mistakes but they dont get ride of them.
The new generation don't need a relation to Iran's days of doom or glory. All they need is a connection to modern countries. The same way we were Integrated in west they will also integrate in to modern countries.

بكشيد مادر قحبه را...
11 بهمن 1392

فرزین از نیشابور

من ١٢ سالم بود كه پدرم منو به زور به تماشاي اعدام كسي برد كه برادرش را كشته بود. اين پايان دوران كودكي من، و شايد پايان انسان بودن پدر من بود. زجر كشيدن يك نفر جلوي چشمانم، هلهله مردم و فرياد هاي پدرم كه مي گفت، "بكشيدش مادر قحبه را" هيچ وقت فراموش نميكنم. چندي پس از آن پدرم معتاد به ترياك شد و دو سال بعد مرد. در حقيقت خودش را كشت. و من... من هر روز به پايان خود مي انديشم و فرياد پدرم، "بكشيد مادر قحبه را..."

http://youtu.be/bFsJy8Iy7Jk

Last edited:
May 12, 2007
من ١٢ سالم بود كه پدرم منو به زور به تماشاي اعدام كسي برد كه برادرش را كشته بود. اين پايان دوران كودكي من، و شايد پايان انسان بودن پدر من بود. زجر كشيدن يك نفر جلوي چشمانم، هلهله مردم و فرياد هاي پدرم كه مي گفت، "بكشيدش مادر قحبه را" هيچ وقت فراموش نميكنم. چندي پس از آن پدرم معتاد به ترياك شد و دو سال بعد مرد. در حقيقت خودش را كشت. و من... من هر روز به پايان خود مي انديشم و فرياد پدرم، "بكشيد مادر قحبه را..."

http://youtu.be/bFsJy8Iy7Jk
Start a new thread about this I am specially interested if it is about your own life. Executions can sometimes be justified if you know a person will continue killing or destroying other peoples life. Will you vote for removal of deadth penalty is Mortazavi is aliv`?

hello everyone;
long time....I missed ISP (well internet really bcs most of the sites are blocked in iran and I didnt get vpn cuz it slows the already nerve wrecking slow internet there). I was in iran for over 2 months but came back last week.

anyway if you are like me and are from tehran then I have bad news. I wanted to go back to iran and live there for good but tehran is Not liveable at all the air is killing people but no one talks about it or does anything about it. The air is full of lead and benzine and other cancer-causing chemicals. You can throw a flash light up in the air at night and see the pollution yourself. It is like someone got tons of steel wool and crushed them and then threw them up in the air.

I walked a few blocks and I got sick for days throwing up and am still coughing up black shi* off my lungs. One cab driver said his daughter has been in hospital for few days coughing up blood and many of my own friends got sick from breathing the shi*!

They closed the schools many times while I was there once for 2 or 3 days in a row! but whats the use the same poison comes into the houses so its not like you are safe inside! I had to send my mother to live with my sister way out of town cuz she was very ill (once her blood pressure dropped so low that it was life threatening) but now is doing good!

for me other towns are out of question cuz I dont know anyone in business and the stupidity of the regime has worsen the problem of centralizing tehran so bad that other cities dont even count
the faces of other cities may look as good as tehran but they only have some of the problems and no solutions.
I knew when the stupid jomboori crap was installed in iran it was beginning of the end but never thought or imagined that the god damn place be so bad!
basically the country is bi sahab and every idiot with power is taking his damn share and sucking the blood out of the nation at any cost.
all those stupid and ugly looking towers they made are purposely destroying the old and beautiful neighborhoods.... and that is another problem....

so basically iran is finished and I for 1 will never go back to live there not unless the spineless/yellow and comatose ppl wake up, rise up and kick this zionist sucking regime's a** to kingdom come! and even then it will take many years of rebuilding and innovating to get rid of some of the problems.

همه چيز ، از اب و برق مجاني شروع شد !

ملتي كه براي مفت خوري انقلاب كنند ، به گه خوري خواهند افتاد !

May 12, 2007
No this is about the new generation that you were mentioning !!!
Even in US they execute someone who has killed your uncle. The same story may happens everywhere.
My own uncle is killed before rev. I have not forgoten it either. When my grand mom died his pic was under her pillow.

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
The sentimentality and emotional mood swings here and amongst Iranians... Worse than the types who go to shrinks and come out blaming everyone but themselves!

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
^^^ Double thanks. I just don't understand the mentality of not having any hope and criticizing everyone else for not having a whole lot of it! :confused-

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
^^^ Double thanks. I just don't understand the mentality of not having any hope and criticizing everyone else for not having a whole lot of it! :confused-
In a culture where people can only bring up Sadegh Hedayat as a good writer what else can you expect. Depression, hopelessness and ayeye yas khani is a form of intellectualism in and out of Iran. I always laugh at those who make fun of the nohe khoons and ashura ceremonies for being needlessly emotional while our supposed "roshanfekrs" do nothing but complain and never provide "real" solutions besides nasl koshi, too sar zani, foshe madar khahari...
It was only enhanced a thousandfold no thanks to our well meaning but misguided leftists.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
In a culture where people can only bring up Sadegh Hedayat as a good writer what else can you expect. Depression, hopelessness and ayeye yas khani is a form of intellectualism in and out of Iran. I always laugh at those who make fun of the nohe khoons and ashura ceremonies for being needlessly emotional while our supposed "roshanfekrs" do nothing but complain and never provide "real" solutions besides nasl koshi, too sar zani, foshe madar khahari...
It was only enhanced a thousandfold no thanks to our well meaning but misguided leftists.
fatso jAn,

I'm sorry to say that your post is also considered as complaining and blaming others for our shortcomings, it just has a different tone without offering any solution.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Fatsos attitude is part of the problem of this country. I have never seen any other country, where the intellectuall elite of it, has to deal with so much hostility from the dumb and ordinary. Really, this has been a major factor for why Atatürk could rescue turkey while no one could stop iran from going down the gutter further and further. Iran didnt have many elite personalities but those few we had, got harrased, killed and defamed by a dumb majority. This sentence "roshanfekr" haa felaan karda, "intellektuell" haa besaar kardan, is a typcial iranian badbakhti. Someone needs to tell them if those guys were responsible for all that shit, than they werent roshanfekr at all, then Iran doesnt have one single roshanfekr because this country is a mess and the mess we are witnessing today, is based on the shit that happened decades or even centuries ago. this roshanfekr bashing is fatal. That creates a culture that even a real roshanfekr would have to face hostility from a reactionary and dumb mob because its a culture, its part of mentalitiy now. That leads to the culture of killing elite people instead of creating them.

Yes, today, there is not much hope for this country and i dont have to come up with any utopical solutions just to please the mob. Fact is, this country is down on its knees and i dont see how they could get up because the problems are not superficial and are not some little stuff that could be ironed out here and there. Irans problems are deep, deep rooted, old and nearly impossible to correct within the next 50 or even 100 years.