I feel Frustrated

yashar

Ball Boy
Nov 8, 2002
Texas
I feel Frustrated, helpless and powerless
Seeing the events of Iran, I feel frustrated, helpless and powerless. I am too selfish to leave the comfortable life I have here to go and help out demonstrators (even then I do not know what I could do anyway). Reading ISNA and IRNA while makes me angry, frustrated and powerless is necessary in understanding how the regime thinks.
Participating in demonstrations here in US, sending content by Email to Iran and broadcasting the news does not seem enough to me. There should be something better I (we) can do.
I am not educated enough in political stuff to know what that is but wanted to get your opinions.

I feel Frustrated, helpless and powerless
Seeing the events of Iran, I feel frustrated, helpless and powerless.
Dear yashar

I am sure many of us who live abroad feel the same. But every single one of us can be a part of this movement, even though its not the most courageous and risky thing to do, but collecting, exchanging and spreading information is a very vital part of this movement.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Don't worry and don't get too angry at IRIB and other regime media because all dictatorships resort to same lies when they are in danger. What is happening before your eyes is the exact process of change. 30 years ago was exactly the same.

Nothing that this regime is doing is new. Here, this is Tehran's Etelaat newspaper in farvardin of 1357, 11 months before the revolution finally succeeded. Note the title top left and the picture of shah supporters in another stage managed demonstration. Do you see the similarities?

Attachments

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Form a political organization of Iranian Immigrants with 1000 members - and see the impact iot can create. So far Iranian patriots have failed to do that outside Iran - and as a result IR has financed created all sorts of entities for it's own benefits. US iranians have failed to understand the very basics of politics in democratic countries - we are still sending individual e-mails, etc. In democratic countries, one man representing 1000 people is far more effective than 1 million representing themselves.
I will repeat this over and over until it happens.

BTW - the internet is the best place to get this thing started - and do let anyone in who is over 50 years old. My generation is just useless.

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
That is very honest of you, my friend. We can do things here, disseminate information, analyses, news, etc. But you're right; at the end of the day, what happens really depends on those who brave the cruelty of this regime on a daily basis.

BTW, you're absolutely right in following IRNA, IRIB, FARS and likes. Those are the best places to gain insight on how things are progressing.