I have a feeling IRAN and England will be in the same group at World Cup 2014

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Are you guys ready for the shocker?!

FIFA October ranking is out and Switzerland has been seeded!!! Netherlands just missed out! The only way Netherlands will be in Pot 1 now is if Jordan defeat Uruguay!

The other 7 seeds are in order: Spain, Germany, Argentina, Columbia, Belgium, Uruguay (provided they get passed Jordan ;)) and Brazil (who is in 11th place, but seeded as the host).

So easiest possible group for us: Switzerland + 2 of the following 3 (any African team other than Ghana/Ivory Coast + Mexico/Honduras/Costa Rica/US + Bosnia or Iceland if they make it)

Worst Possible Group: Brazil + Netherlands + Russia

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
FIFA 's October Ranking is out today. Iran is 49th in overall standings & 2nd in Asia.

http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/rankingtable/

1 Spain
2 Germany
3 Argentina
4 Colombia
5 Belgium
6 Uruguay
7 Switzerland
8 Netherlands
8 Italy
10 England
11 Brazil
12 Chile
13 USA
14 Portugal
15 Greece
16 Bosnia-Herzegovina
17 Côte d'Ivoire
18 Croatia
19 Russia
20 Ukraine

Feb 4, 2005
Wow! No Italy or Netherlands as sar gorooh! How in the world, Swiss are ahead of those two teams?!!! In the last 4 years Neterlands only screwed up in Euro 2012. Other than that and a loss at WC2010 final they have almost won every single match.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
If I had tickets for Iran that's what I would love to see (or Argentina instead of Brazil). If you go to WC and pay lots of money for tickets, hotel, etc at least you want to see the bests playing.
LMAO. That's a good way of looking at it I guess. :)

I forgot Italy btw... we could end up with them and one of the seeded teams too! Ouch!

Feb 4, 2005
LMAO. That's a good way of looking at it I guess. :)

I forgot Italy btw... we could end up with them and one of the seeded teams too! Ouch!

Besides imagine I get khar shans and beat one of them. The chance of facing them again is very slim so in my lifetime everytime I see an Italian I can say once you beat us we will talk!

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Besides imagine I get khar shans and beat one of them. The chance of facing them again is very slim so in my lifetime everytime I see an Italian I can say once you beat us we will talk!
Just make sure they don't pick your pocket or nick your watch while you're busy bantering. :)

Jul 30, 2007
nyc
FIFA 's October Ranking is out today. Iran is 49th in overall standings & 2nd in Asia.

http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/rankingtable/

1 Spain
2 Germany
3 Argentina
4 Colombia
5 Belgium
6 Uruguay
7 Switzerland
8 Netherlands
8 Italy
10 England
11 Brazil
12 Chile
13 USA
14 Portugal
15 Greece
16 Bosnia-Herzegovina
17 Côte d'Ivoire
18 Croatia
19 Russia
20 Ukraine
Out of the current seeded teams. I'd rather have the swiss or columbia. uruguay will eat us up. suarez will get to our players with his constant flopping, his speed. cavani's speed and strength.
spain, germany, argentina, brazil don't need any explanation.
belgium would be tough too. Lukaku,j hazard and "felani" will east us alive.
So I'd rather have the swiss or columbia, and would prefer the swiss over columbia. Falcao is a one strong mofo. IF we had ten ando's I wouldn't be worried, but we only have one ando.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
That one is definitely not possible either Siavash jaan. Can't have 2 south American teams in the same group. It's possible that we end up with no South American team, but we can't end up with 2.
Columbia is seed one. Them & Uruguay are both seeded one & they don't count as the CONCACAF teams. At least that's what I heard.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Columbia is seed one. Them & Uruguay are both seeded one & they don't count as the CONCACAF teams. At least that's what I heard.
Yeah, like Nader said bro, you can't have more than one team from the same continent (with the exception of Europe because it has more than 8 entries) in the same group. Personally, I don't like that rule and think they should go strictly based on ranking, but I guess they want to mix things up as much as possible - after all it is the world cup and it would be silly to have 3 Asian/AFRICAN/CONCOCAF teams in the same group.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Yeah, like Nader said bro, you can't have more than one team from the same continent (with the exception of Europe because it has more than 8 entries) in the same group. Personally, I don't like that rule and think they should go strictly based on ranking, but I guess they want to mix things up as much as possible - after all it is the world cup and it would be silly to have 3 Asian/AFRICAN/CONCOCAF teams in the same group.
Those goddamn Euro implants are everywhere , even in FIFA. :)

Oct 19, 2002
hehe.......you won't believe this but England is hoping to end up in the same group with iran too................LOL (This is too funny)

Even though not all teams participating in the world cup have been determined, one of the english sites had posted the best possible and worst possible groups for england and they have iran as one of the teams in the best possible group for england.

Best
Switzerland
England
Iran
Burkina Faso

Worst
Brazil
England
USA
Ivory Coast/France

Here is the link
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/world-cup-2014-what-hardest-2460184

Nov 29, 2002
English media puts Iran below many other teams esp asian, mainly because of lack of exposure of iran. England have not played iran for a very long time.

Doesn't matter, it will work to iran's favour if the teams are together.

I remember the Times predictions of Iran in Wc 98 which was USA and Yugoslavia to win 4-1 and USA to win 3-1

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
English media puts Iran below many other teams esp asian, mainly because of lack of exposure of iran. England have not played iran for a very long time.
I don't think we've ever played them doktor. I just searched and there's no record of an official match between Iran and England A teams. The only thing I found on FIFA is a Futsal friendly in which we won 14-1!!! Do bar shish tayee shodan and then some - all in the same game. :)