I hope the Czech spank the US so...

442IPL

Ball Boy
Nov 23, 2005
<rant>

these fucking commentators on ESPN and ABC shut the fuck up about the US team. My God, not only do they talk more about them when calling a game when two other teams are playing but, entire pre and post game shows are spent on how "this is the best us team ever" and "keller is the best goalkeeper in the world"! wtf, casey fucking keller the best goalkeeper in the world?!

I swear, Japan vs Australia, crazy baseball/football commentator made so many mistakes that I switched over to Telemundo and watched the remainder on that channel. At least the scoreline isn't in the way on that channel

</rant>

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
i hope so too, so the US realizes the 1/4 final of 2002 was a one-off. I saw an interview with Beasley the other day, who said anything less than a 1/4 final is a disappointment..wtf, they should be over the moon if they get to the 2nd round.

Oct 18, 2002
Baba this is their team do you get it? THIS IS US and they root for their team. What do you want them to do? Talk about Iran? Or should they show clips of our matches all day long? Do you guys even think before you post these comments? The US commentators are talking about US team all day, well no shit, That is their TEAM

442IPL

Ball Boy
Nov 23, 2005
I don't know, maybe it's just me but when I'm watching a game between two countries which are not the US, I don't want the US team mentioned or compared to every five minutes in that game. Ridiculous acclamations about the actual strength of their team doesn't help either. And I don't even want to get started about Julie Foudy and her recollections about the oooOOO US WOMEN's world cup campaigns :eek: :eek:

Messi19

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
kambujiyeh said:
Baba this is their team do you get it? THIS IS US and they root for their team. What do you want them to do? Talk about Iran? Or should they show clips of our matches all day long? Do you guys even think before you post these comments? The US commentators are talking about US team all day, well no shit, That is their TEAM
so true. They talk about US because they are American. They talk about Donavon the same way we Iranians talk about Karimi. whats the big deal. and if you think they are arrogent just look back at the pages here on this fourm and see how many people perdicted a 2+ goals victory against Mexico by Iran.

sirabi

News Team
Sep 19, 2005
kambujiyeh said:
Another great post. I don't know what people expect. I'm off to watch the game but I'm supporting the US. Forget about their foreign policy, which is horrible and I am completely against, American people are generally very decent and have treated me very well. I live in their country and they have, on the whole, been great so why the hell should I support a bunch of Eastern Europeans, who people should really talk to for extended periods and see how racist they are towards not only us, but especially Africans. I'd like Beasley to score on them so that it burns more.

Jun 6, 2005
442IPL said:
<rant>

these fucking commentators on ESPN and ABC shut the fuck up about the US team. My God, not only do they talk more about them when calling a game when two other teams are playing but, entire pre and post game shows are spent on how "this is the best us team ever" and "keller is the best goalkeeper in the world"! wtf, casey fucking keller the best goalkeeper in the world?!

I swear, Japan vs Australia, crazy baseball/football commentator made so many mistakes that I switched over to Telemundo and watched the remainder on that channel. At least the scoreline isn't in the way on that channel

</rant>
I agree. Yesterday all they ever did was talking about the US this US that when Iran and Mexico was about to play.

Oct 18, 2002
I will support the US team too cause I am also An American Citizen. ou can not live here for this long, use the resources of this country and everything else, and be like so many namak nashmash Iranian people that I know, who constantly take a dump on their adopted country. Mind you, when you see the same asswipes in the airports, they are so HAPPY and proud to flash their American passport ;)

Jun 18, 2005
Quit the political bs. This is soccer.

I hope the Czech Republic wins. Its a shame for a country like states to have any say in the world cup. America has a long way to go before it can have high ambitions at such a stage :)

442IPL

Ball Boy
Nov 23, 2005
The level of seriousness and importance concerning football in Iran is much higher in than it is in the US. It doesn't matter whether or not we both have a long way to go.

Feb 7, 2004
kambujiyeh said:
I will support the US team too cause I am also An American Citizen. ou can not live here for this long, use the resources of this country and everything else, and be like so many namak nashmash Iranian people that I know, who constantly take a dump on their adopted country. Mind you, when you see the same asswipes in the airports, they are so HAPPY and proud to flash their American passport ;)
So true.

I am rooting for U.S. Even though I am not as passionate about U.S. as Iran, I still hope that they will do well.

RoozbehAzadi

National Team Player
Nov 19, 2002
I wish DA KING would join the US team and leave TM the fuck alone. We'll send them Golmo and Brangoh for no charge. After all, it all fits in with the Alexi Lalas version of how the US could win the World Cup. :--sunny: