I saw the Taliban today;-(

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Taliban r back stronger than before, with full assault and power.
they r back to their usual business they missed in the past 8 yrs or so..

Basijis, Pasdars, Komiteh, Lebas Shakhsis,etc are all back to Tehran's streets again.
they r back with their gun,mosalsal,batoom,etc in the middle of streets stopping young couples, young guys and Bihejab girls,making them open their cars' hatchbacks to prove they have no alcohol,Music CD, drug,etc..I just witnessed these in ValiAsr, Jordan and Shariati streets.

They r back infront of crowded fast food resturaunts to stop Bad-Hejab ppl to go in.

I was a teenager last time I saw them in the streets stopping and bothering ppl.. Unfortunately they r back again.:eek:

Tehran(not sure about other cities) looks like Kabul when Taliban were in power..
They have put "Sagha khooneh" in all major intersections.. I didnt even know what Sagha khoone looks like!!

I'll take pics and post it for u. its just scary and sadening. I feel so bad for ppl in Iran,those who gonna live under AN for the yrs to come.:(
he has yet to come to power in 3 weeks and fear and depression is back to the streets with his new orders.

I cant wait to get back to Canada very soon, although I know 70mil ppl want me to take them with me.

just to give u an update guys. have fun wherever u live and dont worry too much about Iran. Consider Iran GONE!!

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
back? when I visited Iran in 2002 I witnesses the samething many times, once it happened in shahrake gharb near iranzamin, I saw 2 guys on a motorcycle cut in front of a car in front of us which had 4 teenagers init and they took all the CDs out of the car and broke them on the street in front of everyone. the second time was when we were about to go to a party in karaj and on the toll station when you go to Karaj from Tehran , two guys on a motorcycle came up to our car and they were wearing a uniforms and searched our car, they found one of those club lazar flashes in our car and asked us what they were and we told them its a cooler and they believed us and let us ago. This is just two experiences I clearly remember, but I witnessed allot of these rishoos harassing people.

JazzedUp

Bench Warmer
Dec 1, 2002
London
Gee, it's so depressing when I think about it. Sad thing is until you don't get out and live in a democratic society you don't know how much you are being abused and your rights has been taken away from you.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Hopefully it will piss people off enough to do something... The bastards think the people wanted this by voting for AN, maybe it will backfire on these caveman mother f*ckers! Ahhh, what id give to be locked in a room with these bastards... Id leave with a fist full of their akhoond beards... hopefully still attached to their heads...

Jun 20, 2005
Sweden
Bache Tehron is actually right when he says: in neez bogzarad. It's not a matter of return of talebanism in the streets of Tehran but rather some kind of demonstration of power and reminding of wealthy people and youngsters with west oriented or modern life style who's really in charge. But my opinion is that these kind of actions are overgoing phenomena ('mosemi') and wouldn't change the social changes that Iran has gone through. The process of strive for establishment of and respect to law and order as well as transparancy and openness is irreversable and nothing can change that.

Afterall, the hardliners do not have that power which is needed to inforce their social ideas or to turn back the clock to a past that never existed nor desired. My opinion is that different pressure groups are trying to take advantages of the political 'uncertain' situation and gain as much influence they can get by these kind of actions. This sort of striving for monopolisation of power and highjacking of the new situation is natural behavior of the neo-cons within the iranian establishment. Nevertheless, everybody know in the iranian society that islamic moralism, saudi-arabic conservatism or lawlessness is not the answer to the economic, social and political development of Iran or what people did vote for. Maybe you have to be a bache Tehron to know that in neez bogzarad.

Dec 12, 2002
usa
Nilou ,thanks for reports and nice selected pictures from iran .
I agree 100% in your observation evnthough the last time i visied iran was 5 and half years ago ,in that time whoever saw wanted to leave the country as well ,I am sure now it is worst ,because the regime is in last 9 months of its survival .
there is no way for the regme can get away this time around .
this is exactlly the way they are bulling people .
i know some people belive that i am too optimistic ,but I am not.
I know where the pressure comes to the regme .

Feb 22, 2005
Nilou, dont try to be too brave and take unnecessary risk. These people are animals. They are brutal. And dont think anyone will come to your help when something goes wrong. You can see that from the other day's picture that were posted from a demo, where a basiji is attacking a guy and trying to arrest or hold him until other animals get there. Everyone stands and watches, although there is only one Basij animal around.

Unless people just get it, that this is Islam and give up the garbage that some arab wrote thousands of years ago, this will go on. Remember how many Persians were killed and torutured and raped so that Iran will become Islamic when Arabs took over. How the persians such as Ferdoosi tried to help. Wake up people, wakeup. And if you cant wakeup and give up Islam this is what you and all of us will get.

Bijans

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
... people choose and get what they deserve.

Nilou jaan take care of yourself.. and be safe!!

Nilou jaan.. I considered Iran GONE 22 years ago when I left the country. :(

Bijan

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
be jahannam.. nilou joon beheshoon begoo ke man miaam tehroon o khaareshoono...

ehemm... sorry.. these bastards ke khaar maadar nadaaran o agar ham ke daashtan , ghaabele ehem kardan naboodan..

May 2, 2003
Nilu jan,

As far as I know, life is going on as before. I have not encountered or heard of any of these incidents. I am not saying it's not true but maybe they are isolated incidents that used to happen before as well. I am driving thru the streets you mentioned everyday and see everything is unchanged ie. girls in colorful attire, short pants with bright red toe nail polish and young people holding hands. Again I may have been lucky and all of this may happen when AN starts (khoda be dademoon berese). On the other hand, nobody can stop our young people from doing their thing. They always come up with ingenious ways to have their fun.

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
I have just come back from Iran. one weeks ago. I was not withness to so much
control as Nilu is discribing but any way. I imagine they do such a thing. This will only benefit US. All they need is to create conflicts with these basijies.

May 2, 2003
Lool, it is so ironic that after my last reply I had to go to the office of a collegue and what do I see on my way in tajreesh? The latest in Iranian fashion: short sleeve manteau. I swear I saw these 2 girls wearing pants to maybe 20 cm under their knees with manteau "astin kootah". I wish I had my camera.

Jan 21, 2005
I am also in Iran and have'nt seen what is described. Beside whats wrong with removing alcohol and be-effati. Afterall this is a Islamic country with majority muslim people and both Khatami and Ahmadinejad have the majority votes. nilufar if you dont like it you can leave, the 70 million people here are not so easy to give up their motherland.

artavile

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
MD, USA
ankaboot said:
I am also in Iran and have'nt seen what is described. Beside whats wrong with removing alcohol and be-effati. Afterall this is a Islamic country with majority muslim people and both Khatami and Ahmadinejad have the majority votes. nilufar if you dont like it you can leave, the 70 million people here are not so easy to give up their motherland.

First there was a soosk here at ISP and now an ANkaboot, the insect infestation continues......

IPride

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
artavile said:
First there was a soosk here at ISP and now an ANkaboot, the insect infestation continues......
ISn't it funny how they always manage to choose the nicknames that suit them well,

Sooski, ankaboot, Oshtor, Zeerak(zeer-ro), etc...