If

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
If we lose to Japan in Tehran (khodaye nakardeh), how will our chances be for qualification? How about if we end in a draw?

Please give us your thoughts...

Sep 25, 2004
Toronto
PaYaM said:
We are set dude, im not even going to bother thinking about these games cause we are in the WORLD CUP!!!! :D
Dude, I suggest you seriously get real in case your heart gets broken.

There are four teams , and all four want to qualify guys. WE MUST TAKE IT SERIOUSLY.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
well that will suck!!(although I dont rule it out..personally!!)

If we lose,we will remain with 1 points with 4 games ahead(2 vs N.Korea,2 vs Bahrain and Japan). basically we have to win all remaining games considering Bahrain doesnt screw up like us.
In that case, most prob Japan can 30 themselves advance from now.that leaves Iran and Bahrain competing for 2nd place.which isnt that too bad since Bahrain's coach has resigned!!;)

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Niloufar said:
which isnt that too bad since Bahrain's coach has resigned!!;)
Well, I still don't know about that!

However don't rule out North Korea! Remember that they are the ones who firstly qualified to the WC before any other asian team and they KNOW that! Also the fact that they would merge with South Korea in the WC in case they qualify, will make them even more anxious and so more dangerous!

farid

Bench Warmer
Nov 10, 2003
If khodayi nakarde we loose!! it's not the end of the world, we still have a very good chance to finish 2nd! BUT plz, let us pray that that won't happen!! if we get our guys to practice together atleast one week b4 the game, we should be fine!! if we beat Japon, and Bahrain and korea tie... and than we beat korea, and japon either tie or beat bahrain, we will in a VERY good shape, that give us 7 point, japon with 6 or 4.. bahrian with either 2 or 3 points! we will be in a very good shape and we will have couple months and all we need is to win one of our 3 games, and tie one!! 11 point should take us to world cup!! what u guys think?

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
farid jan, well, we'll see....I think all the remaining games are very very hard, even both of the games against North Korea! I just hope we get a little bit of luck for once this time!

saeed agha

IPL Player
Oct 20, 2002
UAE
It is not a question of "if", it is "when" we lose to Japan what will happen?
With the current prepration plan, beating Japan in tehran would be a surprize for me!
Remember that Japan has not lostto an Asian side in many years.. so what makes you think the unorganized and unprepared TM can beat them?

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
saeed agha said:
It is not a question of "if", it is "when" we lose to Japan what will happen?
LOL, Saeed agha jan, I can see your high hopes and faith! :D Please don't be so optimistic! :D

Well, what can I say...you are right about not winning! But that doesn't mean we'll lose?? Don't you believe in draws?

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Simple:

We lose, then we need 10 points from the remaining games which means 3 wins and 1 draw. If we manage to beat Bahrain in Tehran, and 2 victories against N.Korea, then we need to tie Japan in Tokyo and we're thru.

I don't see us beating the Koreans both in Tehran and Pyong Yang though.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Bache Tehroon(ISP) said:
I don't see us beating the Koreans both in Tehran and Pyong Yang though.
Exactly what I was thinking about! North Korea WONT be as easy as many think. They are hiding behind the bigger teams, sneaking forward!

Also I'm not sure if we can get a tie against Japan in Japan! :rolleyes:

Oct 20, 2003
Baba enghar aye e yass nokhoneed.
A question for Saeed Agha, aziz, tell me what kinda of preparation the Japanese have had so far to the upcoming game? I do not know.
I have said it before, I say it again, the Japanese (and others) give team melli more respect than its fans. You want perfection, lots of preparations before the game, will it won't happan unless we forget about our legionnaires. Can we afford that, no, will the game be different from Bahrain's game, you bet you, will we bet Japan in Azadi, I am certain.
Why am I so confident, because IMHO Branco has learnt a few valuable lessons from Bahrain's game. I would not be surprised to see us playing with two forwards when we face Japan and a differnt tactics, perhaps using player that did not start in Bahrain.

Abedzaadeh

IPL Player
Jan 23, 2003
We have to get 9 more points.

So 2 wins v North Korea and beating Bahrain in Azadi will do the job.

Assuming we beat Bahrain and North K at home our challenge is to get 3 points from:

Iran v Japan
North Korea v Iran
Japan v Iran

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
IranPaak jan, you use very nice and optimistic words. I do hope what you say will happen though! :rolleyes:

Abedzaadeh jan, you are right! But our first challenge is to win Bahrain and N. Korea at home. :rolleyes:

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
BT is right in case of we lose to japan it will not be a easy qualication .. i also doubt aout beating n.korea in pyong-young

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Real Madrid said:
dude that's not what i am really worried about... We will be in trouble if we lose to japan and Bahrain beats Noth korea in pyongyoung....
$hit I never thought of that!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: Damn...now I'm getting real worried!!!

Long time no see Real Madrid jan....what's up?

Oct 20, 2003
Sly said:
IranPaak jan, you use very nice and optimistic words. I do hope what you say will happen though! :rolleyes:
Sly Jan, Branco will send Azizi in the second half when we are ahead 0-1, Azizi makes a brilliant pass to Hashemian in minutes 84 who promptly shoots and scores, Azadi explodes and roars , “Azizi”, Azizi”. The game ends 2-0 Iran scores again (this time by NIkbakht who is always caught by offside trap) but it is ruled offside, a few of the Japanese are seen with their head down crying after the game.