IFF turns down Nike sponsorship

Behdad

National Team Player
Nov 7, 2004
Toronto, Canada
www.PersianWay.com
Source: Iran Varzeshi

brief translation: The Iranian Football Federation turned down a sponsorship deal with Nike because they ar an American company. the Iranol deal is about to expire so the IFF is saying that there have been some ongoing negotiations with other potential sponsors (not just kit sponsors but also Auto companies and Banks). these companies are said to be both foreign and nation-wide and the IFF says that a lot depends on the Iran - Japan game. if iran wins then there will be more offers and also higher bids. the IFF says it will choose the sponsor based solely on how much money it is willing to invest in the team.

Arsenal

National Team Player
Apr 11, 2003
BWI/PHL
www.arsenalamerica.com
sorry, but this just cannot be true given that there is a US-imposed trade embargo with Iran meaning that US companies aren't allowed by law to engage in business transactions in/with Iran. So whatever the IFF is saying is BS. Adidas on the other hand (since it is a German company) could become an official IFF sponsor and kit supplier.

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
the amount is below the limit which I think is around $10M.

regardless, screw Nike, TM will get good sponsors if we perform.

averageniceguy

National Team Player
Apr 14, 2003
north pole (almost)
i like the current one, its unique. its not like the straight-off-the-conveior-belt type of jersey that all other countries have. they all look the same.

like denmark. they stick to their nationally-made jersey and it always stands out in my opinion.