I'm convinced Mousavi is under virtual arrest and is being used

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
At this point, I'm beginning to feel Mousavi may have broken under mental torture and is being used to crack down on people who may show enthusiasm towards this movement.

Today he met with 70 university professors who were all arrested right after the meeting, but Mousavi wasn't?!!

His sites call people to demonstrate at Baharestan, where the Basij and Sepah forces are waiting for people in a very well prepared ambush.

He hasn't been seen since Saturday. He hasn't been heard from. He hasn't made a single statement that can be verified.

I believe they've got him by the balls and are not officially arresting him. Instead they're using him to crack down on other possible opposition leaders. Same goes for Karoubi(but I think he's safer than Mousavi).

Mousavi MUST record videos. If he wants this movement to continue, he MUST communicate. It's not impossible for him to do this. If people are risking their lives to upload videos to Youtube using heavily monitored internet connections, I'm sure Mousavi can find a way to record a freaking video and have it leaked out.

joonevar22

Bench Warmer
Oct 15, 2004
USA
I dont think this really has much to do with him anymore..this has gone from a election issue surrounding him to a revolution to get rid of this regime.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
A revolution without Mousavi's leadership is a long shot in the dark. He's the most viable leader. I strongly believe they are threatening his family and he's broken down.

I really hope I'm wrong, but it's not hard to make people do anything once you hold a gun to their wife/children/family's head.

May 12, 2007
It will be a good idea if protestor find a hidden groupe who organize them.
publicly they follow mosavi but in reality the group instruct them.
I thought the idea of taking people to Behesht Zahra ghare khomini was
a stupid idea.

mowj

National Team Player
May 14, 2005
At this point, I'm beginning to feel Mousavi may have broken under mental torture and is being used to crack down on people who may show enthusiasm towards this movement.

Today he met with 70 university professors who were all arrested right after the meeting, but Mousavi wasn't?!!

His sites call people to demonstrate at Baharestan, where the Basij and Sepah forces are waiting for people in a very well prepared ambush.

He hasn't been seen since Saturday. He hasn't been heard from. He hasn't made a single statement that can be verified.

I believe they've got him by the balls and are not officially arresting him. Instead they're using him to crack down on other possible opposition leaders. Same goes for Karoubi(but I think he's safer than Mousavi).

Mousavi MUST record videos. If he wants this movement to continue, he MUST communicate. It's not impossible for him to do this. If people are risking their lives to upload videos to Youtube using heavily monitored internet connections, I'm sure Mousavi can find a way to record a freaking video and have it leaked out.

It was last Monday or Tuesday that Mousavi in one of his buletin said he is serverly under watch.
There should be no doubt that ever since Friday and Vali Vaghih order of massacre of Iranian citizens, Mousavi is practically disconnected.
I'm not even sure how these 70 professors were allowed to meet him, since 'kalameh' Mousavi's site being in Iran is being used for propaganda and counter inteligence where we have to be very careful with news under Mousavi's name or site.
Anyway, smartly he did say to people even if I'm arrested you continue peacful protests until you get what is rightfuly yours and don't let the enemy make you mad.

Fortunately, Mousavi's position has shown that he believes not only AN's governemnt is a law breaker but also GC and Vali Vaghih.
I loved it when Sunday, two days after selection he address top Clergies of Qom stopped communicating with Vali Vaghih. In his eyes Khameneie is disqualified by support of a coup and further order of massacre of unarmed citizens of Iran in peacful demonstration.

He has done a briliant job but the regim is pushing him to take a role in leadership of a revolution. He walks a very fine line but if protection of people's right and Iran unity requires breaking away with the regim, he will do it in an opportune time determined by him and not militarist religous fascists plunders.

spanx

Bench Warmer
Dec 19, 2005
Where the fuck is Raf ... If anyone is going to betray this movement and make the best self serving deal it's him, that's what I'm worried about the most ...

pesech

Ball Boy
May 16, 2009
i doubt mousavi is arrested, if he was the wife of him would have said soemthing..

right now her this is what is written in Ms.Rahnavard's facebook

Zahra Rahnavard زهرا رهنورد Ok, now all the world are going to show their supports to Iranains... This Friday, We all are going to send GREEN BALLOONS to the sky to show that now ALL PEOPLE OF THE WORLD ARE IRANIAN. On 9/11 everybody was American, NOW THE WORLD IS IRANIAN. جمعه (ساعت ۱) آسمان تهران را سبز میکنیم. بادکنکهای سبزتان نشان آزادی طلبی مردم ایران. برای با لا رفتن

her facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Zahra-Rahnavard-/79757303129?ref=ts

mowj

National Team Player
May 14, 2005
Where the fuck is Raf ... If anyone is going to betray this movement and make the best self serving deal it's him, that's what I'm worried about the most ...
Rafsanjani although smart but smart for his own interest and regim interest. Besides, he is not as powerful as he is percieved to be. To convince a majority of assembley of experts (my foot) selected by GC and Vali Vaghih while going against their financial interest in the regim is not an easy task.
As Mousavi said in his letter the Coup is not just about stealing a selection but if 'OlamA' keep silent they are finished as well.

The bottom line is that our nation or overwhelming majority of them have risen demanding their right, their country, and an stop to corruption, plunder, and torture of a nation in chain. That is where the true power is.

Oct 18, 2002
Sydney, Australia
In my opinion, Mousavi is still a product of the regime. I don't think its about him any more although he can still play a vital role.

I think its reached a point where its no longer about people supporting Mousavi but about Mousavi supporting the people.

Amir

Bench Warmer
Mar 8, 2005
I dont think so, Mousavi says is ready to die for the country, and im sure if they are doing nasty tricks behind the scenes, then he would say it out loud.
The most important moment (and hope) will be when Rafsanjani speaks out

Jun 18, 2005
The protest in Baharestan was announced at least 24 hours before it was set to take place. Yani manam dirooz midonestam ke they were going to have a protest there.

That should have given the militia enough time to be present there when the protesters showed up.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Mousavi, the two term prime minister and proud of it, is supposed to lead people to freedom? Please. By this time Bani Sadr had gone into hiding fearing for his life. I hope the people in the streets are not looking up to Mousavi for inspiration. It won't be long before he will be congratulating Ahmadinejad because it is taklifeh sharee.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
I honestly think Mousavi is not leading the ppl. It is naive to assume IRI would let him go free to plan the movement, carry his message across to ppl, and make things happen.
The uprising itself is riding on emotions and that is why it is fading. It was also full of unrealistic expectartions. What was about hopelessly finding a leader overnight when he was, even if qualified, unprepared for the job. No set goals, no international regnition, no money, no reliable communication means, no plan to spread the movement to other cities, no feasible alternative options... Why did he stop the momentum last week wasting the golden time trying to prove the election was rigged to those who actually did the crime! Meanwhile the system that was originally caught offgaurd by the unexpected extent of reaction on the streets, found the time to regroup, activate its emergency plans, expell the foreign media, attract the swinging forces, and plan for the next moves. It is not surprising that khamenei didn't declare his position clearly before Friday, he could have been forced to do differently if people never left the streets. I am not saying it was a 50/50 case, but that could have been the only reasonably fair shot people had. At this point, people are getting tired, suffering the lack of leadership of any sort, and their numbers are reduced day by day after on street and off street arrests. Those who are arrested are the braver group of people that let a demo take place by formaing the veery first nidus.

And yet we all hope some miracle would change the course of the events, but how? lets review the palyers together:

-Gaurdian Council won't say no to Khamanei once in a blue moon, especially on something that their very own existence depends on.
-Assembley of experts are also the same. Would you have supported the people or AN if you were a sane ayatollah??!
-Sepah: exclude a few mystic elements that we read about, what do you think a sepahi officer would have as motivation to drop all priviledges he enjoys, to risk his life and the future of his entire clan? what would be his gain? desablizing the very system that gives him identity?!
-Army: I just say impotent and stop there. People who have been in the army know that at any army base, the power of a low ranking intelligence officer or the mullah of aghidati siasi goes way beyond the general. Plus this army had over 100% turn over after revolution now and its basically another sepah that is only kept off the streets.
-Maragea: Who?
-Bazar: As far as I know they are with traditional Islam, the base for moatalefe and hojjatieh, and more or less happy with IRI. Even if they don't like AN, they know that IRI in the long run is not such a bad choice for them to risk thier money or lives against it. Would you do it if you make so much, you and a couple of your buddies and beothers have monopoly on lets say Khorus ghandi and pay so little tax because of your connections? Particularly if you have just got your second wife who is 19?
- Rafsanjani: AN was after his assload of money and we all know he had enough reasons to make it look justified. Hashemi either stirred the post-election events or just sensed it. Then cut the deal with khamanei: he remains silent and disappeared in return for them leaving his money alnoe. They might even let him and his kids take their billions and their lives to Canada. True politician. You guys will enjoy reading his autobiography in 10 years and some of you will even get to learn where the old man's mansion is in Vancouver.
- Khatami: he is happy with what he acheived. People voted in millions, another step towards "Jame ye madani". Too bad things became little violent towards the end...
-Karroubi: Genuine. Emotinal but not prepared.
-Masses on the street: mostly from central to north Tehran. Obviously brave, decisive, wise, as united as they can be, optimistic, tech-savvy, well-read, smart, creative...but sadly, it looks like all of these are not enough to get rid of a system that has its roots 30 years deep into their land, bones, and flesh.
People who are not on the streets: south Tehran, other cities, villages. They need to work to have food on their table tonight. Plus, do they really want to challenge agha emame zaman? astaghferollah.
-Judiciary: is there such a thing? what is it? Shahroodi that was appointed by rahbar or ghazi mortazavi who kills for rahbar.
-Police: I read somewhere today that a police officer was complaing about 2 weeks of unrest and how tired they got as a unit. This said it all. In other words, he said "we will stop beating ppl soon when we get overwhelmingly tired", or you can say "we will beat your ass until we get exhausted to death", who cares about right and wrong? we just do what we are told to do.
-Plain-clothes: for what ever reason, there are enogh of them in Iran to butcher men and women in cold blood and put millions of people in their sit. Are they brainwhaed? Do they like 200000 tomans a day they get paid? Do they enjoy the power? are they psychopaths? I don't know the exact answer.
-Expatriots: I guess that would be us. We all know the limits of how much (little) we can do.
-US and the rest of West including Israel: Who said investing in sattellite TVs and economic sanctions didn't work? After all these unsatblity, they will get a good deal from AN. "We don't meddle in Iran if you don't meddle in Gazze and Iraq". They might even let khamenei have a baby nuclear program just to save some face.

....feel free to add to the list...

Last edited:

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
ME,

I wish it was that simple. Plan ahead for a revolution!!! Never heard of it. More so in a country that likes of Haleh Esfandiari are arressted to do research let alone plan.

What really people were after was not a big change. It was not a planned thing. It could not have been planned at all, considering what I said above and more. It was emotional because people felt their intelligence was insulted in a big way. They were content with the smallest of changes and IRI did not give in even that much and insulted people instead by cheating a bogus victory.

However, I do not think this whole thing was a clear victory for people, or at least the biggest dent in regime's legitimacy huge despite demonstrations fading away.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
I honestly think Mousavi is not leading the ppl. It is naive to assume IRI would let him go free to plan the movement, carry his message across to ppl, and make things happen.
Agreed. What people in the street want Mousavi cannot possibly deliver. People want regime change, pure and simple, not recounting votes. Mousavi hasn't even promised anything to hold him do that. I watched all their debates. Not one word of substance was discussed. His only grievance with IR is that I should have won. That's it. I feel sorry for the people who have once again been let down. Iranian people today are truly alone. There is not a single nation on earth that has done this. I salute their courage in the face of unspeakable violence. I am ashamed I cannot do more.

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
Agreed. What people in the street want Mousavi cannot possibly deliver. People want regime change, pure and simple, not recounting votes.
Flint,
I agree with you that our people's ultimate wish is a regime that could deliver what they want, the most basic of them feeling free and respected.

But this recent event was more or less because of the insult reflected in vote rigging and biggest cheat of the history. People were out in the street, not really expecting to achieve their wish, but to voice their frustration on that IRI was so bluntly ignoring the simplest of their requests, despite people's coping all the cr*p for so many years.

We really need to set our expectations based on reality. I never thought this would end the regime. I am sure so many in Iran felt the same. A change in leadership and breaking the taboo of the leadership could have been a great achievement. But even that was not in sight.

In fact, if you see demonstrations fading away is because people are not willing to pay too much for a regime change. If they were so badly after it they would have done so like in 1979. We are yet to wait and see. But I do not think our people are after a complete fundamental regime change. They are really after a reform, a big huge reform maybe.