I'm in middle of a war ..

Mr.RayBan

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Damn, I'm stuck in middle of a riot (war) in Sao Paulo, Brazil. I got here last week on a 10 days business trip and now I can't get out. In my drive to hotel I saw a massive fire by a power station and people were running on street and jumping on the cars to get out of the city. In last few hrs things has gone from bad to ugly. Just few minutes ago I heard gun shots by hotel.
US embassy is telling us to stay were we are, and don’t try to get to the airport tonight. The road to airport is not safe.
As crazy as it might sounds like, it’s kind of exciting. Usually you see events like this on TV but actually seen it with your own eyes is different.
For now khoda hafez..

Behrang(ISP)

King of Posts
Oct 16, 2002
www.iransportspress.com
Go outside and take some pictures. Make sure you wear a hawaiian shirt or something so they know you are not from there :)

Joking aside, i've been reading some articles about what's going on... something like 50+ police have been killed in a few days.

JazzedUp

Bench Warmer
Dec 1, 2002
London
Bache Tehroon(ISP) said:
Agha take care of yourself and don't be adventurous toro-khoda! I'm saying this because if it was me I would be right in the middle of the riots!
Bro, I'd very much doubt if you'd be in the middle of it. Brasil has probably the most dangerous and most violent gangs in the world. You'd be crazy to even to go and have a look around.

Mr.RayBan

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Everyone is scared in the hotel; you can hear people crying and praying, there were few that tried to get out in panic few hours ago but stopped by hotel’s armed guards. I have to admit even me is getting nervous. There is a roamer going around the hotel that these people are after taking foreigners hostage, especially Americans.
This is a picture of a burning bus taken from 5th floor of IBM UniCamp this morning. Sorry for the quality, it's from cell phone’s camera and behind a screened window.

Oct 20, 2002
Long Island, NY
Holy sh**, I've been keeping tabs on this situation as well, be careful man, these gangs are crazy !!!

Toll is up to 80 now, and, as Ive been reading, these animals are attacking civilians, and fears are that they may even attack school children !

Be safe man, our thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay low as long as you can, get home safely.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
oh shit, take care of yourself. Brazil is in a mess right now.

mardom miran Brazil khosh gozarooni, and this is what happens when u r there! shanso mibini?!!:--wink: :redface:

Mr.RayBan

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Niloufar said:
oh shit, take care of yourself. Brazil is in a mess right now.

mardom miran Brazil khosh gozarooni, and this is what happens when u r there! shanso mibini?!!:--wink: :redface:
LOL, no Niloufar jAn, I'm grateful for the shans I have. My kids are safe back in Texas and not here.
:--party:

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Mr.RayBan said:
LOL, no Niloufar jAn, I'm grateful for the shans I have. My kids are safe back in Texas and not here.
:--party:
oh ofcourse!imagine..thankfully they r not there. another reason why men should travel alone!!! Im just jk with you!!

Zaagros

Bench Warmer
Nov 14, 2002
First of all may God be with you. As mashnaghi said in South America always hide your American identity. If you have seen CITY OF GOD, it might help understand the situation. Poor peple with no hope and the result is this. Have a safe trip back.

Mr.RayBan

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Violence has stopped as fast as it started. There is a rumor that government has made a deal with the gang’s leaders in jail to seize hostility, some people say it has to do with WC. Anyway, situation is a lot better then last few nights, I think I’ll have a good night sleep after all.:dance3: