I'm Iranian

PJ

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
This is very funny. I don't know if it was posted before or not.
Enjoy.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNVPNH4tK-w&feature=related[/ame]

Oct 18, 2002
LOL!
His mashadi accent wasn't that good, but loved the rashti and tehrani ones.

I always wondered how tehrani accent sounds like to a non-Tehrani persian speaker. can anyone describe it? Once in one of the old storybooks by Ali Asghar Darvishian (who was from kermanshah) he had a character with what he called "A thick Tehrani accent" and I wondered what a thick tehrani accent sounded to a Kermanshahi.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
The most talented Iranian I've heard, imitating so many accents!!

Thanks for the post! :)

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
LOL!
His mashadi accent wasn't that good, but loved the rashti and tehrani ones.

I always wondered how tehrani accent sounds like to a non-Tehrani persian speaker. can anyone describe it? Once in one of the old storybooks by Ali Asghar Darvishian (who was from kermanshah) he had a character with what he called "A thick Tehrani accent" and I wondered what a thick tehrani accent sounded to a Kermanshahi.
Glad to find another "Darvishian" fan :) His name is "Ali Ashraf" not "Ali Asghar" btw. I read most of his books by the time I was 14. Learned a lot from this writer.

"Saliane Door" remains among the top 3 books I've read in my life.

Oct 18, 2002
Glad to find another "Darvishian" fan :) His name is "Ali Ashraf" not "Ali Asghar" btw. I read most of his books by the time I was 14. Learned a lot from this writer.

"Saliane Door" remains among the top 3 books I've read in my life.
My mistake! I am truly embarrassed. You are right, it is Ali Ashraf Darvishian, and his memoir of his childhood was among the most interesting story books I read as a teenager. Is that the "Salian-e door" that you mentioned?

(p.s. here is an interview of him from 1375: http://www.ghabil.com/article.aspx?id=257 )

Now back to the main question, can any non-Tehrani explain what a "Thick tehrani accent" sounds like?