I'm leaving on a trip to NY and then Montreal...

leo

Ball Boy
Jun 29, 2006
anybody has suggestions of where to visit? where to shop? where to eat? and of course where to PARTY?.....
come on guys I know many of you have good taste... so hook a brother up :)

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
where to party:

Crescent street for clubs (mostly english, arab, iranian background),
Sir Winston Churchil, New Town
St. Denis (french, italian)
after hours: stereo
St. Laurent: Bonna note, Go Go lounge
pubs: Hurleys, MkIbbins, Old Orchard, Old Dublin

where to eat:
italian, french cuisine
arabic: Boustan on crescent
Iranian: Cartier Perse, Khorasan (not downtown)
French: i hate fucking french cuisine

coffee shop:
Cafe Depot (Makay owner is iranian i hang out there)
Brulerie St. Denis (filtered coffee)

nice pool hall:
Sharks (downtown)

let me know if you need more detail

leo

Ball Boy
Jun 29, 2006
Keyvan_Pars Jaan,
thank you so much for the full details... I will look into those right away... one thing though... are these are in NY or Montreal?

leo

Ball Boy
Jun 29, 2006
Thank you ...
When I am in Montreal I am staying at:
Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel
and I was planning to walk around the city and take lots of photos ( I am a beginner photographer).... and also I heard the Just for laughs festival is on when I am there ( July 15-19)....
do you guys know where is the street happening is for that festival....

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
The festival of laughs happens all over the city but the main shows are at Vieux Port (the old port).

you have to take a brochure to make sure you pick English shows (assuming you don't speak french).

Your photography will not improve since there are so many hot girls wearing next to nothing your hands will be shaking.

here is a rough geographical guide to where to go.

AM:
old port, notre dame basilica, the botanique gardens, St. Joseph Oratory

NOON:
eat on crescent street

PM:
go back to the hotel take a nice dip in the pool, jacuzzi etc etc. come out around 9 wearing your party clothes.

there are two streets parallel and many cutting them off.

main street is St. Catherine which is parallel to De Maissoneuve
you set off at St. Catherine at Atwater and head east.

the important streets that cut them off are.
1- Guy
2- Makay (there is an iranian coffee shop called nochochi if you want to see ex iranian communists talking about their condos in dubai)
3- Bishop (Il misla (brazilian food, MkIbbins pub, lots of korean sushi ...)
4- Crescent(about 20 lounges night clubs and restaurants)
keep away from thursdays (lots of crusty arabs looking for old wrinkled french women)
go to:
Sir Winston Churchil for shaking, New town for conversing and London Pub for drinking.
Boustan for eating garlic infested arab shit (its better than other places)

to be continued ...

leo

Ball Boy
Jun 29, 2006
Leo jan are you travelling alone or with the family ? when exactly coming to MTL ?
Real Madrid Aziz,
I am going to NY on the 9th to 14th....
then I will come to Montreal from 15th-19th ( back to Vancouver)
it will be me and my girlfriend... we have booked a place in Sheraton hotel downtown montreal... :)
it's my first time as a tourist there ( I have come there once 6-7 years ago for couple days for business).... but this time I want to see what this city is all about... :)

leo

Ball Boy
Jun 29, 2006
The festival of laughs happens all over the city but the main shows are at Vieux Port (the old port).

you have to take a brochure to make sure you pick English shows (assuming you don't speak french).

Your photography will not improve since there are so many hot girls wearing next to nothing your hands will be shaking.

here is a rough geographical guide to where to go.

AM:
old port, notre dame basilica, the botanique gardens, St. Joseph Oratory

NOON:
eat on crescent street

PM:
go back to the hotel take a nice dip in the pool, jacuzzi etc etc. come out around 9 wearing your party clothes.

there are two streets parallel and many cutting them off.

main street is St. Catherine which is parallel to De Maissoneuve
you set off at St. Catherine at Atwater and head east.

the important streets that cut them off are.
1- Guy
2- Makay (there is an iranian coffee shop called nochochi if you want to see ex iranian communists talking about their condos in dubai)
3- Bishop (Il misla (brazilian food, MkIbbins pub, lots of korean sushi ...)
4- Crescent(about 20 lounges night clubs and restaurants)
keep away from thursdays (lots of crusty arabs looking for old wrinkled french women)
go to:
Sir Winston Churchil for shaking, New town for conversing and London Pub for drinking.
Boustan for eating garlic infested arab shit (its better than other places)

to be continued ...
agha ma mokhlesim... shoma kheili mayeh mizari...
I am taking all these information down... I am sure you are just making my few days in Montreal much more enjoyable...

thank you very much!!!!
:)

Real Madrid Aziz,
I am going to NY on the 9th to 14th....
then I will come to Montreal from 15th-19th ( back to Vancouver)
it will be me and my girlfriend... we have booked a place in Sheraton hotel downtown montreal... :)
it's my first time as a tourist there ( I have come there once 6-7 years ago for couple days for business).... but this time I want to see what this city is all about... :)
I will PM you my cell # . Call me once u get here and hopefully we can meet

YePaDoPa

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2002
while in NY, make sure to visit museums such as Met and Natural Historical, spend an afternoon in central park, take a tour of grand central station (you'll be amazed).
There are plenty of restaurants and night clubs in meat packing district. If you wish to drive up to suburb for cholo kabab then you are welcomed to our home :)

Last edited:

leo

Ball Boy
Jun 29, 2006
while in NY, make sure to visit museums such as Met and Natural Historical, spend an afternoon in central park, take a tour of grand central station (you'll be amazed).
There are plenty of restaurants and night clubs in meat packing district. If you wish to drive up to suburb for cholo kabab then you’ll welcome and our home :)
Mersi Aziz az davatetoon.... and thank you so much for the tips in NY...
I will put those on the schedule...

Feb 18, 2004
While in downtown Montreal, don't forget to visit McGill University campus and up north of that, take a walk in Mount Royal's park where I used to walk everyday. I miss Montreal a lot. Hope you'll enjoy it.

Nov 24, 2002
LEO aziz

Hope we can see eachothers when you make it ,i will also PM you my cell phone , i wish you could bring our own Arian as well ..

For places to visit i guess guys gave already the good idea about where to visit , i would also add Prince Arthur street ( corner of saint-laurent) where you can find many fine restaurent with great price and quality , if you look for Iranian food , Cartier Perse, Tehran and Khorasan ( recently opened ) offer the best quality but as you coming with your GF , i would say Cartier Perse has better comibination of quality and environement..

Cheers and enjoy your trip

Last edited: