Impressed by Australia

pasha

Ball Boy
Jun 23, 2004
I think the Australia of 1997 was much stronger than this one. Let's not hype them up, they're nothing special.

Oct 11, 2004
Sydney, Australia
their defence is bad, but their number1 goalkeeper who played against Argentina and germany, Mark Shwartzer is good, better than Mirzapour, put it that way !!!

They didn't play their full-strength side against Tunisia, thats why the lost !!! If they had played the same team against them, i am sure they would have won !!!

Plus Australia wasn't at full-stringth at this tournament, they still have kewell, Bresicano, Grella, Lazaridis and a fit Viduka( he still was injured) to come back !!! they just need to fix up their defence; its too old and they do too much ball watching !!!

Oct 18, 2002
Sydney, Australia
I agree on Schwarzer. He's one of the best keepers around in the premier league. Petkovic is the third goalie.
But I'm not going to make excuses for the rest of the team. Grella, Bresciano and Kewell were missing but no team was full strength this tournament. Farina has to be fired, he's worse than Branko!

Feb 22, 2005
Give credit when credit is due. As I remember Iran has never scored against Germany and have lost both games 2 to 0, even in tehran. So, 3 goals in Germany is pretty good, unless you think the Iranian team is awful.