iPad

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
If you want a computer that just browses, watches movies, and plays games, its not that bad. I do think that $200 for an extra 48gb worth of storage space is a joke...

I wouldnt use it enough to validate the purchase...

I think for doctors it is pretty good though.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
i know it is the "best browsing experience like ever" as jobs mentioned, but does it even support flash !?
While I *might* understand why flash isnt supported for the iPhone, its a fucking joke that this iPad doesnt support flash. Apple needs to stop jerking off infront of the mirror and add flash support already!

Impressions from Engadget:

Here are some initial thoughts on the device:

* It's not light. It feels pretty weighty in your hand.
* The screen is stunning, and it's 1024 x 768. Feels just like a huge iPhone in your hands.
* The speed of the CPU is something to be marveled at. It is blazingly fast from what we can tell. Webpages loaded up super fast, and scrolling was without a hiccup. Moving into and out of apps was a breeze. Everything flew.
* There's no multitasking at all. It's a real disappointment. All this power and very little you can do with it at once. No multitasking means no streaming Pandora when you're working in Pages... you can figure it out. It's a real setback for this device.
* The ebook implementation is about as close as you can get to reading without a stack of bound paper in your hand. The visual stuff really helps flesh out the experience. It may be just for show, but it counts here.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2005
It doesn't seem impressive at all. Having said that, you just know Jobs is going to make it relevant somehow and sell a shitload.

As for you guys talking about flash; from what I read it's a pretty shit thing really and the more we move away from it the better. From an Apple-viewpoint; if they allow it then many flash-run apps can run on the device without Apple getting to do any screening. Also, it would eat the battery/processor of whatever was using it.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
It doesn't seem impressive at all. Having said that, you just know Jobs is going to make it relevant somehow and sell a shitload.

As for you guys talking about flash; from what I read it's a pretty shit thing really and the more we move away from it the better. From an Apple-viewpoint; if they allow it then many flash-run apps can run on the device without Apple getting to do any screening. Also, it would eat the battery/processor of whatever was using it.
I understand it is pretty shitty. However way too many people use it and there is no real alternative at the moment. This makes using a browser with flash extremely limited.