iphone fever is fading

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Well this was expected:
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/business/2013/01/iphone-fever-fading/60940/

Apple's once unwavering grasp on the smartphone industry is showing more signs of weakening, as it cuts iPhone orders by about 50 percent "due to weaker-than-expected demand." Citing unnamed sources, The Wall Street Journal reported the news on Sunday night after fan boy blogs had been buzzing about the waning enthusiasm for Apple's magical glass and aluminum device for weeks. "Apple's orders for screens for the January-March quarter, for example, have dropped to roughly half of what it had previously planned to order, two of the people said," explained WSJ's Juro Osawa. "The U.S. company has also cut orders for components other than screens, according to one of the people [familiar with the situation]."
News of the iPhone's decline comes as Samsung continues its bull run on the industry. As the Galaxy line of smartphones gains in popularity and the company cements its dominance in the TV business, Samsung suddenly finds itself making more money than Apple, and its earnings from smartphone sales have doubled in the past year. Android devices in general are trouncing Apple in terms of market share, too. A November study from Gartner showed that Android's market share has jumped to 72 percent, while iOS devices sunk to just under 14 percent. Even though Apple sells fewer iPhones than Samsung sells Galaxies, it makes more money off of each unit. But then when you realize that Apple's selling half as many iPhones as it expected, the profit margins don't seem nearly as impressive.
Faced with a daunting reality of sinking sales, Apple is also coming to the realization that its very expensive patent litigation escapades against Samsung might be for nought. Even though the company won a billion dollar settlement by convincing judges that Samsung ripped off its interface design, a judge in December denied Apple's request to ban the sales of Samsung devices. And while Samsung certainly won't be thrilled to pay the massive settlement to Apple, as long as it keeps its smartphones and tablets in stores, its profits will erase the loss. There's also evidence that Samsung is emerging as the most popular smartphone brand for youths, meaning that Apple might miss out on a generation of potential iPhone users.
Let's get real, though. Even if Apple is losing steam, and the iPhone isn't the best-selling, most popular gadget on the market, the company will be fine. The company's lost almost $200 off its stock price in the past four months, but it's still the most valuable company in the world.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
It's no longer the days of catching a trade wind and riding it from one coast to the other side of the ocean. It's the days of wave surfing. You catch a wave, ride it while you can and bail as soon as it's about to collapse.

Apple, Samsung, RIM, Nokia...all will catch a wave from time to time. None will survive indefinitely. They're all selling cheaply made computer chips with little sophistication underneath highly lacking interfaces. There's nothing groundbreaking about what they sell. They know the fragility of their market-share very well.

AFRIRAN

IPL Player
Jun 8, 2010
it was absolute genius of Steve Jobs to make a business of these pieces of shit (ipad,iphone,... ) and shaaf them to people ,I adore his talent.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
well....there's more competition now and android phones are subsidized by carriers...nothing unexpected. it all depends on the next step Apple takes. Further, what people forget is that Apple is sitting on a lot of cash.

Nov 29, 2002
Apple is a winner long-term. It is crazy to think of this as anything more than a blip

They are sitting on a mountain of money and have a very loyal consumer following.

They've just started paying dividends and this will increase soon

Its the end of the dominance of iphone and possibly ipad but this wont make a difference in the long run as they'll have new products to replace them.

iTV comes out this year. Who knows what else they have in the pipeline.

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
I gave the title of this post a thumbs up! I hope all cell phone over-usage or fever would fade away bcs it is dangerous. (especially for children).
I wished ppl would read the fine prints and the warnings or at least would use earphones with it.
One of the warnings on these cell phones says to keep the device 2 or 3 cm away from your body.
many people living near cell towers come up with cancer!
In any case 90% of usage of these mobile phones are useless and stupid talks or text. (unless one is using it for business) but the kids especially...I think there should be an age restriction on mobile phones but when it comes down to question of children's safety or security I guess it becomes a necessity (Can somebody come up with a solution? I think ultimately the responsibility lies with the parents) ....

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I gave the title of this post a thumbs up! I hope all cell phone over-usage or fever would fade away bcs it is dangerous. (especially for children).
I wished ppl would read the fine prints and the warnings or at least would use earphones with it.
One of the warnings on these cell phones says to keep the device 2 or 3 cm away from your body.
many people living near cell towers come up with cancer!
In any case 90% of usage of these mobile phones are useless and stupid talks or text. (unless one is using it for business) but the kids especially...I think there should be an age restriction on mobile phones but when it comes down to question of children's safety or security I guess it becomes a necessity (Can somebody come up with a solution? I think ultimately the responsibility lies with the parents) ....
I agree, my friends kid send around 12000-15000 text per month ... that means around 400-500 text a day
I send 200 text per month (i estimated)...
Difference between this and last generation ...

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I agree, my friends kid send around 12000-15000 text per month ... that means around 400-500 text a day
I send 200 text per month (i estimated)...
Difference between this and last generation ...
How's it possible to send 400-500 texts a day? WTF?!

Assuming he sleeps 8 hours a day, and does nothing but texting all day long, he has 960 minutes. He sends more than 1 text every 2 minutes all day, everyday, every week?! WOW!

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
How's it possible to send 400-500 texts a day? WTF?!

Assuming he sleeps 8 hours a day, and does nothing but texting all day long, he has 960 minutes. He sends more than 1 text every 2 minutes all day, everyday, every week?! WOW!
Man, you don't even know how things have changed.
When they get up in the morning, the first thing they do is to grab their phone and then
[1] Hey
[1] Hey back

[2] how are you
[2] good you

[3] what doing
[3] just hanging u

[4] same hanging ... link for this
[4] cool dude

and ...
so freaking annoying man ...

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
^^^ i hear you man, i hate it 2, specially when you go out with your buddies and one of them is texting back forth, i get so annoyed ... I think compared to poeple i know i use my phone the LEAST , everyone i know is staring at their phone 24/7 !

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
the greatest disease to mankind is group chat with family members on whatsapp. worst thing ever

what do you mean?

those trading I personally recommend you buy (i know i will) when (if) it hits $450 as i am sure it will go back up again.
well, ok, it was a pun. Daytrading and daily fluctuations don't matter really. Some trader didn't get a blowjob in the morning and sells off his stocks cause he feels like it. But anyway, fundamentally, it's a very good stock and I think it's just good for them to feel a bit of heat. 2013 will be the defining year for them.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Despite their claim of "connecting people", smartphones will be the cause of catastrophic anti-social behavior by the majority in the future. Mark my words.
On the contrary, I think the habit will fade sooner than you think. Already it is considered rude and unacceptable behaviour to use your phone in presence of company. If smoking could become public enemy number one, so will this habit. Much much sooner as it already is.