Iran - Denmark 1999

Nov 24, 2002
tabatabaei wasnt in TM caliber , but in this game he played over his head , after that i cant recall any great game by him in TM ..

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
thanx for sharing.
Brings back good memories. I was at the stadium watching the game. Thanx to Tabatabaei we saved our skin.
0-0 in CPH and 1-0 in HKG makes it 1 draw and 1 win against Denmark for Iran.
So Danes have nothing on us! Somthing I have been proud to say, now for years here in DK :)

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
thanx for sharing.
Brings back good memories. I was at the stadium watching the game. Thanx to Tabatabaei we saved our skin.
So Danes have nothing on us! Somthing I have been proud to say, now for years here in DK :)
They beat us 5-0 in 1972 olympic games ! thanks to bayati brothers selfish actions.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
thanx for sharing.
Wasn't it in HKG when Nikbakht hadn't heard the referee's whistle and gave away a penalty and the Danes shot it out to play fairly? Our goal came from penalty as well as far as I remember!

navid007

Bench Warmer
Jul 23, 2005
10 deghighe az in bazi ro nega kardam asabam khoord shod ba in pass karie in bazikona !! khoda midoone oon moghe ke bazi ro live nega mikardim cheghad hers mikhordim !! 5 ta pass e dorost nemitoonestan beham bedan !! khoda midoone sare in bazi chand nafar az daste ali daei sekte kardan lol :9:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I just saw the whole game again! Man we sucked!!!!!!! We don't have big stars in TM at the moment but at least we play so much better! There are a lot of complains about Aghili's and Hosseini's defensive abilities in this forum. I think judging from this game, we should really be thankful we have them. High-school football is better than the way we played.

Khoda pedare Blazevic to biyamorze! he really changed our football! and thank god we got rid of our old lousy coaches! :rolleyes:

10 deghighe az in bazi ro nega kardam asabam khoord shod ba in pass karie in bazikona !! khoda midoone oon moghe ke bazi ro live nega mikardim cheghad hers mikhordim !! 5 ta pass e dorost nemitoonestan beham bedan !! khoda midoone sare in bazi chand nafar az daste ali daei sekte kardan lol :9:
Ali Daei??? I thought he was one of the best! Dige bebin baghiye chi boodan! Yazdani herse mano dar avorde bood. Mr. I want to do everything myself! Khak bar saresh!

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
i thought you were thinking about the 5 - 1 thrashing by austria.. when we went ahead 1 - 0 by majidi's goal and then got thrashed! lol
Not really , I dont want to remember that one ! I just had to break the news to brando jan that its not as rosey as he he thought it was against the Danes ! with regret of course ...

To add to dear Sly comments , I think Aghili and jalal have the capacity to make a solid backbone in defence , once our capable coach put his ideas into theirs which he has been doing well since he took over and hopefully it will continue to improve .

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
I posted this mostly to show melancholy and nostalgia blinds us towards Iranian football. TM from the end of World Cup 98 to the Blazevic days didn't play 1 whole game well.
We keep saying our football was better back then, it wasn't. Our players were great, teams were really bad.