Iran exhibits locally-made fighter plane (Saegheh)

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
I did say it is a fine start. You can't build this and not learn a whole lot in the process but let's not get carried away with this now. You'll be amazed at what hobbyists build in their back yards here in the US. You would swear it came out of a factory. I recall early after the revolution there was a national effort to make a PC. Yes, people learned computers but as a product it turned out to be trivial and ultimately abandoned.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
all these "new" fighter jets look like the old ones with a body kit on them

about the copying thing, china reverse engineers everything, here is how things work in Iran, IR pays the Russians for a 20 year old mig, a budget is set for reverse engineering the plane, but somehow some way they run out of money at 1/3 of the project. I dont know where this money goes, maybe ashtar can explain it better ;)

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
From these later pictures, it definitely does look more like an F-5 than an F-18. Does anyone have any specs on this plane?!
By the looks of it, this plane would have serious problems doing a near vertical climb, which is a minimum requirement for fighter planes. Motori jaan, you can correct me on this one, but the vertical stabilizers seem to be directly in the wake produced by the wings at a 45-60° climb.

Bijans

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
In terms of areo dynamics and control system this plane is 100% Russian. Let's not forget that Russians are leaders in air control system and manuverabillity. Not even F18 or F14 come close to Russian made fighter jets. Avionics.. well in that nobody beats the US.

Bijan

pansari

Bench Warmer
May 24, 2006
When were these put into full production 1999? because if so, Iran will now have many of these. The problem for the US or any other attacking force will not be thier ablitiy to outgun, outrun, or out target these, it will be the sheer numbers. An invasion of Iran from the gulf will lead to us carriers being targeted, by missiles, apparetly now air as well. I think all Iran wants these for is to crash them into attackers intrests. I forget who posted this but great post, i had no knowledge of this. Im proud that they were able to design this, although I know Iran has F-16 as well and they might have been a better investment.

payan

Captain
Dec 12, 2002
usa
my questions -1- can you do Seegheh in those planes? .2- is that good news they were going to disclose in nemeye shaboon ? . 3- is there anything related between finding cure for aides and those planes? . 4- i forgot my 4 question . thanks in advance .

Jul 2, 2006
ashtar said:
LOL. reminds of an old joke.

A guy runs in to another and says hey "Parviz khan" how's it going? long time no see. I see you lost a lot of weight. Wow, I see you wear glasses now. When did you start growing a mustache? Are you a little taller now too?

The other guy says: "what are you talking about? what glasses what mustache? my name isn't even Parviz, my name is Mammad." The other guy says: "wow, you changed your name too?"

Now, I see that F-5 has new double fins, longer wing span, Russian-made engines, Chinese guidance system, and Iranian-made radar. And I see they changed it's name too. LOL
loool
my friend you know they are still living in 1978
they dont belive in iranian engineer
they dont belive iran now is diffrent from shah era

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
member of day said:
they dont belive in iranian engineer
they dont belive iran now is diffrent from shah era
Where are you now? Why don't you go back and share the glory? Come on, let's go. They need you. Join those engineers you so admire. Every one of them would leave given the chance, just as you did.

Jul 2, 2006
Flint said:
Where are you now? Why don't you go back and share the glory? Come on, let's go. They need you. Join those engineers you so admire. Every one of them would leave given the chance, just as you did.
are you sad becouse iran made jet fighter?!
why?!
ok you hate iri but still you are iranian. isnt you?
if i was russian cccp and hate communism still i was proud of youry gagarin and topolof and kashinkof
i think only iranian haters are will be sad for iran progress
i see so many of them here!