Iran Exporting the New Model Car: Soren

Mr Thick

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
Soren is around US$ 20,000-21,000 (normal one without navigation and etc..)in Tehran.

The difference between this and a normal samand are the lights -grill & bumpers - one airbag - name and thats about it...they promised to put the new turbo charged engine but it has not come out yet so they are supplied with the shit*y 100 HP engine.

Ali M

Ball Boy
Oct 18, 2002
Salaam, looks pretty good. Of course not on par with many countries, but I am glad to see changes are being made year by year rather than continuing the same car for decades (paykan).

Mr. Thick, are navigation system (I assume you mean GPS) available in Iran as an option!? If it is I am surprised!

-Ali

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
Salaam, looks pretty good. Of course not on par with many countries, but I am glad to see changes are being made year by year rather than continuing the same car for decades (paykan).

Mr. Thick, are navigation system (I assume you mean GPS) available in Iran as an option!? If it is I am surprised!

-Ali
Ali jAn,
If you load the local Map software in any GPS unit it should not have any problem operating properly. Related Satellites are Global and will provide info any where on the Earth.

Ali M

Ball Boy
Oct 18, 2002
Motori jan,
Thanks. Hmm, so the software is available for iranian cities! Wow. I did not know that. I spent last summer mostly in Shiraz and never saw any GPS. Maybe it hasn't made it to shahrestan yet. Or maybe my family and friends weren't as kelas balaa :).

Not that I need any sort of navigation in Iran. Shiraz i know pretty well and when I am in Tehran I just tell the taxi driver where I want to go and they all seem to have a built in gps chip in their brain :).

-Ali

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Motori jan,
Thanks. Hmm, so the software is available for iranian cities! Wow. I did not know that. I spent last summer mostly in Shiraz and never saw any GPS. Maybe it hasn't made it to shahrestan yet. Or maybe my family and friends weren't as kelas balaa :).

Not that I need any sort of navigation in Iran. Shiraz i know pretty well and when I am in Tehran I just tell the taxi driver where I want to go and they all seem to have a built in gps chip in their brain :).

-Ali
I think if you read motori's post, he was saying that IF you load in the local map you can use GPS anywhere. The keyword there is 'IF' ;) He didn't say that you can definitely get one in Iran.

Anyhow, I wonder how much use GPS will be in Tehran. They change streets from one way to tw-way overnight quite often and new roads spring up from somewhere while others are blocked.

This Soren looks pretty though!

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
Lets hope that the GP of the GPS in the Iranian cars will stand for Global Positioning rather than, Gooz Pich :cool:
LOOOOOOOL
Khoshteep jAn,
I'm getting used to your great sense of humor, most of the time you really crack me up. But this time you owe me a Khoshk Shooei fee for my pants and a nice HOT cup of coffee.

AliMR

Bench Warmer
Mar 25, 2005
OHHH THAT IS AN UGLY COLOR, UGLY CAR TOO. THE GPS SYSTEM SUCKS, THE ENGINE HAS A SHITTY 100 HP... i dont know why we even make cars, we should go back to making aftabeh.

Khoshteep

National Team Player
May 11, 2003
Ye rooz inja Ye rooz oonjaa
LOOOOOOOL
Khoshteep jAn,
I'm getting used to your great sense of humor, most of the time you really crack me up. But this time you owe me a Khoshk Shooei fee for my pants and a nice HOT cup of coffee.
LOOOL Thanx bud, sorry for the pants, contact Paranoidbenchwarmer for the dry cleaning bill, He says, he is good for it :D

LMA off at the visual, "HAHAAHA aAAAaAwwwwAA shiiiiiit, dahanetu................. Khoshteep" LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

On the coffee issue though, I can see a good case shaping up especially if in the process the Night Ride-her got oooofed. The pain and suffering alone could mean millions, as long as the suite is tight enough and you'll be able to insert it in and.......ok I stop now :iran:

Mr Thick

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
Are kheyre saresh. I would like to see how he feels giving hard earned money around US$ 21,000 for a car like that which drives worse than a Yaris. Agha kharej neshaste base khodesh patriot shode.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Are kheyre saresh. I would like to see how he feels giving hard earned money around US$ 21,000 for a car like that which drives worse than a Yaris. Agha kharej neshaste base khodesh patriot shode.
worse than a Yaris, heyy I own a Yaris, now Im offended u compare this ...box with Yaris!!:D

Javeed

National Team Player
Nov 12, 2002
What the word Model in " Iran Exporting the New Model Car: Soren" means?

Iran was importing Peykan 30-40 years ago so this news is not significant. Why we have to turn an insignificant news into political discussion?