Iran February 2014 News... Karroubi Released!!!

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
You really believed he was under arrest, house or otherwise, all this time? They outed themselves by their tepid reaction when their supporters were being clubbed and knifed. IR doesn't put their real enemies under house arrest. They punish them the old fashioned way. They kill them.
It is amazing to me how naiive our hamvatans (myslef included) are when it comes to politics. I cried for Akbar Ganji when he was fasting in jail!!! guys - politics is a dirty game....especially these days being mixed with runaway media and mass mind control. My cynical side says Karoubi was never jailed or under house arrest......it was all a show. Green movement was real and as you may recall many tried to hijack it and place Karoubi and Moussavi as it's leaders.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
If Sabade Kaala wasn't humiliating enough, now Pakis are snubbing us - but hey, there's still hope 'cause we're seriously trying to suck up to Afghanistan! :mymistake

Pakistan tells Iran to shelve gas project for now: report

"Pakistan in October asked Iran to shoulder the entire $2 billion cost of building the Pakistani part of the pipeline,"

Pay for their pipeline too? Who do they think we are? Idiots?.....Wait!

May 12, 2007
It is amazing to me how naiive our hamvatans (myslef included) are when it comes to politics. I cried for Akbar Ganji when he was fasting in jail!!! guys - politics is a dirty game....especially these days being mixed with runaway media and mass mind control. My cynical side says Karoubi was never jailed or under house arrest......it was all a show. Green movement was real and as you may recall many tried to hijack it and place Karoubi and Moussavi as it's leaders.
Waits a minnute. What happened to people who cried Karubi dastgir beshe Iran ghiamat mishe. What did you expect him to do? No one really cared about Karubi and Mosavi from the begining. He was an excuse for people to protest. But It was for real when we saw he was beatten in parliament. The news says he is released. But we have not seen him yet. I think Khamenei has done alot ot get a confession from him.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
DS jaan - I know for certain several people were "decoratively" jailed by Ir in the 90's so they could get visas to USA!! they dissapeared for a few days, their names published in newspapers, and showed up later as heroes!!! Most of them are now in Iran or in USA pushing IR agenda.

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
According to Bahman Kalbasi on Twitter:
مهم: وزارت خارجه آمریکا تحریم ها علیه خدمات دادن به شبکه های برون مرزی صداوسیما را لغو کرد. می گوید ایران هم قول داده دیگر پارازیت نیندازد.

May 12, 2007
DS jaan - I know for certain several people were "decoratively" jailed by Ir in the 90's so they could get visas to USA!! they dissapeared for a few days, their names published in newspapers, and showed up later as heroes!!! Most of them are now in Iran or in USA pushing IR agenda.
Ok I buy this. Many change relegion to say they were chased and get a visa. But what does it show? We did not do enough to change the government or we were not strong enough or what ever. Still Karubi was the one who motivated us.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2004
Canada
According to Bahman Kalbasi on Twitter:
Yeah, I forgot to post that piece of news. Rohani had promised to look into the health effects of satellite jamming and they just announced earlier today that a committee has been formed to look into it. I don't trust Rohani (or any akhund for that matter), but this may be the start of the end for IRGC's dominance on radio/TV signals in Iran and perhaps a small round about step for reformists and reforms to start getting some control back. How long it's going to last or how far it's going to remains to be seen since there's obviously a LOT OF resistance, but any step in the right direction is a good one.

Oct 18, 2010
Ambassador: Iraq Looking to Buy Arms from Iran

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region – Together with multi-billion dollar arms purchases from the United States and Russia, Iraq’s ambassador to Tehran said that Baghdad has also signed an arms agreement with its eastern neighbor, Iran.

“Iraq has signed an agreement with Iran to purchase weapons and military equipment because Iraq's defense ministry trusts the effectiveness of the Iranian weapons,” Muhammad Majid al-Sheikh, told the Iranian Tasnim news agency.

"It’s crucial for the Iraqi army to receive a part of its weapons from arms produced in Iran," he added.

- See more at: http://rudaw.net/english/middleeast/iraq/05022014#sthash.c8AqHl6S.dpuf

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Rouhanicare: Iran's president promises healthcare for all by 2018

Iran's president, Hassan Rouhani, has promised healthcare for all Iranians in the next four years in a move reminiscent of Barack Obama's patient protection and affordable care act, dubbed Obamacare.

Read more: http://www.theguardian.com/world/ir...president-hassan-rouhani-healthcare-obamacare
I suspect t he penalty for individual mandate will be a bit more serious; like getting pushed over rooftops.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
I suspect t he penalty for individual mandate will be a bit more serious; like getting pushed over rooftops.
His term ends by June 2017. What makes him believe he will still be president in 2018? Khamanei? Guardian Council? VEVAK? May be all. Naaaa they don't EVER "Mohandesi" the election, it was/is always fair and square.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Great news. No chance they'll ever again occupy an inch of Iran with that crap! ;)
As I was reading the piece, this thought crossed my mind. I later saw it in the comments.

"How can the US congress approve the delivery F16's and Apache's knowing that Iranian military and intelligence officers are in Iraq working with the Iraqi army?"

They give Apaches to Iraq with Sepah watching across the tarmac but sweat over an AR-15 falling in the hands of Jihadists in Syria.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
As I was reading the piece, this thought crossed my mind. I later saw it in the comments.

"How can the US congress approve the delivery F16's and Apache's knowing that Iranian military and intelligence officers are in Iraq working with the Iraqi army?"

They give Apaches to Iraq with Sepah watching across the tarmac but sweat over an AR-15 falling in the hands of Jihadists in Syria.
Khodaish, US foreign policy is very khar too kahr these days, for lack of a better phrase. ME is going through a serious readjustment period and the current US administration is always two steps behind - not that the Bush administration did a lot of good by being two steps ahead either. You guys really need to find a FP balance down there.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Khodaish, US foreign policy is very khar too kahr these days,
There is no foreign policy. Anywhere. They get up in the morning and read the papers to figure out what to do. Of course, there are those that no matter what happens claim that it was all a plan., and it is working. You can't argue with that. As for Bush, for better or worse, he had an overarching vision and acted on it. But to succeed it needs a follow up which has not happened. As bad as Iraq is today I have yet to hear anyone say they wish Saddam was left in power. I have no doubt by now he would have joined up with IR. What is Obama's vision? Staying out? OK, but even that needs to be articulated. Staying out does not mean doing nothing.

Hassan1980

Bench Warmer
Feb 17, 2008
There is no foreign policy. Anywhere. They get up in the morning and read the papers to figure out what to do. Of course, there are those that no matter what happens claim that it was all a plan., and it is working. You can't argue with that. As for Bush, for better or worse, he had an overarching vision and acted on it. But to succeed it needs a follow up which has not happened. As bad as Iraq is today I have yet to hear anyone say they wish Saddam was left in power. I have no doubt by now he would have joined up with IR. What is Obama's vision? Staying out? OK, but even that needs to be articulated. Staying out does not mean doing nothing.
There is koon nashoor, there is a foreign policy, but one outlined by the likes of lockheed martins just to fill their own pockets. It is just that you are a mammal amricayi, thats why you cant see it.