Iran ice hockey team

Salty

Football Fan
Apr 15, 2012
Hi, I was wondering if Iran has a national ice hockey team. I live in the uk and am of Iranian decent, and have played ice hockey and skater hockey my whe life. Does Iran have a team that competes in the Asian challenge cup yet?!

Cheers salty

Salty

Football Fan
Apr 15, 2012
Ok thanks for the reply. Is there moves in place for an Iranian ice hockey team?!
Is there a skate hockey team in Iran?

Also, does anyone know how to change the iran rugby website into English?

Appreciated!

Mar 13, 2007
dude dont assume just cause you play hockey in UK you would make the iranian team (if they ever put one together). There are many iranian kids in canada that play hockey on highschool teams and at A and AA levels. I have 3 nephews who played AAA (only 1 of them full eyranain though) and one of them played in ontario hockey league - which im pretty sure is of a higher caliber than anything UK has to offer. But it is something iranians should look into. I bet they end up probably ranking higher in the world than their soccer teams! lol

Salty

Football Fan
Apr 15, 2012
I didn't say anything about me definitely getting on the team, all I asked was if Iran had a team, or if there were plans to put a team in place! Does Iran even have a league?

As for rugby, does Iran have a professional teams? Or are the current internationals amateur?!

Cheers

Mar 13, 2007
I didn't say anything about me definitely getting on the team, all I asked was if Iran had a team, or if there were plans to put a team in place! Does Iran even have a league?

As for rugby, does Iran have a professional teams? Or are the current internationals amateur?!

Cheers

last i heard about iranian rugby was that some dude put an iranian rugby team together of some 40 random people he found, and with these players who hardly even knew the rules they went to pakistan, india, burma,...some other places - countries who have had a league in place for over 50 years and they beat every one of their national teams badly ! lol...true story! the guy said cause the iranains were physically a lot more superior

Salty

Football Fan
Apr 15, 2012
^^really? That's class! I've watched some videos on YouTube and they sure look better organised these days!

Is there a domestic league in Iran? I know they are registered with the IRB now!

ALI M.D

Bench Warmer
Jul 8, 2003
Montreal
Yea ive watched highlights of Iran rugby team. Bunch wrestlers turned rugby players they have the size but assume like everything else they lack endourance