IRAN in FIBA Asia Championships!!!

alitheking61

Bench Warmer
Dec 11, 2005
It's weird that no one talks about it!!! They've been our best and consistent team sport in Asian level for last 4 years....
so far,,, we beat Chinese Tapie in opening....Qatar forfeited the game against us in a very embarrassing way ... and we just CRUSHED Uzbekistan 132-38
I am talking about ali ups and slam dunks all over the place...as FIBA article say " Iran takes out their offensive frustration, crushing Uzbek..."
We got Samad-Idin , Arsalan Kazemi and Hamed Haddadi on the same court for the 1st time...which is super exciting for me coz some of them been my best friends...

watch highlights here
http://www.fibatv.com/video/id/1824789

Irani

IPL Player
Oct 19, 2002
Iran (70%), Others (30%)
Thanks Ali agha the King. :) I heard about it, but have not watched or followed it. Our Koshti has occupied me lately, also football. But our basketball also deserves recognition. Please tell Hamed agha to be nice to his girl friends.:5:

Payam

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
Earth
www.iransportspress.com
It's weird that no one talks about it!!! They've been our best and consistent team sport in Asian level for last 4 years....
so far,,, we beat Chinese Tapie in opening....Qatar forfeited the game against us in a very embarrassing way ... and we just CRUSHED Uzbekistan 132-38
I am talking about ali ups and slam dunks all over the place...as FIBA article say " Iran takes out their offensive frustration, crushing Uzbek..."
We got Samad-Idin , Arsalan Kazemi and Hamed Haddadi on the same court for the 1st time...which is super exciting for me coz some of them been my best friends...

watch highlights here
http://www.fibatv.com/video/id/1824789
thats hilarious i think im going to call it that from now on :)

it really is great hearing how good they are doing. I wish there was more support for them. I hope some of our players get some opportunities abroad too in the NBA with some real shots at playing, not riding the bench like haddadi :( hopefully things will change for him

alitheking61

Bench Warmer
Dec 11, 2005
We just beat Lebanon 76-45... As the Aussi Commentator was saying...It's better to skip the whole tournament and IRAN - CHINA play for the final, which is vividly and likely to happen! we had many careless turn overs in this game but Bacheha were playing around and being super easy not to get injured...
don wanna jigs it but This team has so much potential... Even Asghar Kardoust our 2nd center been improved his game drastically (compare to last year)...
Matic can easily play Kamrani, Samad, Kazemi, Kardoust and Hadadi in opening period agaist China and Crush them...There are so many combinations we can use @ this point...
but lets just not step ahead too far and wait for Finals on Sunday

alitheking61

Bench Warmer
Dec 11, 2005
We lost to jordan! its ok, we still have a young team...
was a Miracle on Jordanian side... they made 7, 3 pointers in a row in last 5 min...of course defense was acting super poor...and unfortunately we lost spot in London Olympic too...but again we have such a young team...I am sure we will be back to the top again...

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2004
This was a huge shock. One of the biggest shocks in Asian basketball in the past 30 years.
We lost to no one but ourselves. We were up by 7 in the 4th and we still blew it.

alitheking61

Bench Warmer
Dec 11, 2005
I ve just being sad since last night that happened... We've dominated Asian teams for last 3 yrs. Its hard to blame it on anybody...
we had ridiculously bad 1st half... we were 3/11 free throw shooting... Hamed Haddadi had one of his poorest performances for TM I ever seen...
stupid Matic didnt play Samad in 1st half, Javad Davari was injured who is an amazing defensive player and he brought Arsalan Kazemi little bit late in to the game ...
It wasnt just our day too... we missed lots of positions and gave out turn overs (Hamed Hadaddi: 3 3-sec violations,4 travelling...)
on the other hand, Jordanians had viscous LUCKY day...specially in 2nd half but eeeeeyyyy past is past ...They've gave us very good performances before and atleast they were ba gheirat... as I said...we have super young team compare to China or Lebonan or Jordan...