Iran in the WC

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Guys we have qualified to the WC so nothing to say now but being excited, waiting for it to come. However, remember 4 years ago at this time.... we were watching other nations preparing for the WC, begrudging them big time. We wished we were part of it but we were not. This time we are really there..... Sometimes I forget about it but when I think about 4 years ago or even about the WC 2002, I remember we are so blessed beyond belief!!!

Just as a reminder, think about it and enjoy this time while it lasts.

Go TM!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Dude, I was really enjoying it till Blatter's interview a few days ago. It's looking more and more like this WC is going to be a freakin' disaster of Biblical proportions:

* Half the stadiums aren't ready and won't be until 6 weeks before the tournament. I'm thinking they probably have to cut corners at this point even to hit that deadline. And the last thing you want is to fill up a stadium with shoddy construction to full capacity with an international audience in it's first test!

* Then there is the security issue. Economic situation in Brazil is spiralling out of control and there are going to be huge protests all over during the WC. With security focused on the protests, what about terrorism or insuring the safety of the fans in one of the most violent nations in the world?!

* If all that is not bad enough, these guys haven't even figured out how to move the fans in between the cities for the games! They know there isn't enough domestic or international flight and they're still wondering whether they should add more flights or allow foreign carriers to do domestic routes! Really, it's 6 months before the freakin' tournament!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^^ Behrou joon, I can see how these things would be a problem for people who are planning to go to Brazil during the WC! However if you only experience these stress (rightfully so), you will miss the fun of these great times before the WC. That's really unfortunate!

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
^^ Behrou joon, I can see how these things would be a problem for people who are planning to go to Brazil during the WC! However if you only experience these stress (rightfully so), you will miss the fun of these great times before the WC. That's really unfortunate!
I'm not stressing about it bro, at least not yet! ;)

Worse comes to worst, we'll just cancel the trip. But the same applies to a lot of foreign fans. They keep scaring people off with lack of preparation and security, nightmarish logistics and high prices for everything from flights to hotels to food. The number of fans saying hell with it is adding up quickly. Just compare how many people we had going to Germany in 2006 on ISP and how many we have going to Brazil.

But the thing that is actually stressing me out is TM's preparation, one piece of bad news after another from IFF, these sanctions negotiations dragging on, etc. etc. I can't even say with 100% certainty at this point that the WC will go ahead as planned, let alone that Iran's going to be there! ;)

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^^Like the last time they had planned to play against them. We'll see how far that goes this time.

As for Nigeria goes...... as I said before, they're a very strong team. In a lucky WC tournament, they have the capacity to reach the quarter/semi- final. I don't know why we are so optimistic about getting a good result against them.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^^^ LOOOOL!!!! I was but then I read your realitic response and I was back to the bitter reality!!! ;)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
For me having made it to WC is not enough - I want performance in the WC.......and that is not just wishful thinking!! I know we can perform......TM just needs to make a few tactical decesions/plans and use players who would fit into thoes plans.

May 12, 2007
^^Like the last time they had planned to play against them. We'll see how far that goes this time.

As for Nigeria goes...... as I said before, they're a very strong team. In a lucky WC tournament, they have the capacity to reach the quarter/semi- final. I don't know why we are so optimistic about getting a good result against them.
South Kore tied 2:2 against Nigeria in 2010 WC they also manage to go to 2. round.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO28JrBjr04

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
South Kore tied 2:2 against Nigeria in 2010 WC they also manage to go to 2. round.
Two silly defensive mistakes from the Koreans of the magnitude we could not even expect from TM! And that was with Lagerback as Nigeria's coach (whom Ali should know really well). Unlike Keshi, the man was/is a tactical genius - almost brought Iceland to the WC this time.

I think what we have going for us against Nigeria would be Gucci's speed and Nekou's long range shots, but I do expect Shojaei to spend most of the game on the ground in this one, if he's included in the squad! ;)

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
South Korea have also managed to beat big international teams. Back in the WC 94, they drew Spain with 2-2 and lost to Germany with only 3-2. In 2002. they beat Italy and then drew Spain only to lose by penalties. In 2006, they drew France with 1-1. It doesn't say much about Spain, Italy, France n'or Germany.

For your information, Nigeria won the African cup 2013 and their coach was just selected as the best coach of 2013 in Africa!

http://www.cafonline.com/football/news/19007-keshi-is-coach-of-the-year.html

All I say is, good luck to us!