SirAlex

National Team Player
May 6, 2007

:doh: :chase: :dance3:

Iran protest at UK Queen's party

By Frances Harrison
BBC News, Tehran

The protesters said the UK envoy must be expelled

Demonstrators have thrown paint and eggs at the UK embassy in Tehran to try to prevent an annual party in honour of Queen Elizabeth II's birthday.
They said any Iranian guests who tried to attend the party were dirty traitors willing to sell out their country.
The protesters also called for the expulsion of the ambassador and relations to be cut off.
Police beat back demonstrators as they tried to block the mission's side entrance to stop guests from entering.
This is the first time protesters have tried to sabotage an embassy reception like this, and it stems from a desire to stop Iranians having contacts with foreigners.
'England's servants'
"The British embassy should be shut down" and "Death to England, down with the den of spies," the demonstrators shouted.
Riot police tried to push the protesters away from the mission

All this as 1,500 guests were invited for the biggest diplomatic reception of the year at the embassy.
Islamic students in black shirts pelted the front gate of the building with bags filled with coloured paint, tomatoes and eggs.
"Shame on you, servants of the English," they chanted.
They called the guests dirty Iranians willing to eat the birthday cake of the queen of lies and corruption.
The women demonstrators screamed as the riot police pushed and shoved them to try to make them leave.
The police chased away journalists as they did not want to be seen beating their own people to defend a foreign embassy.
Some diplomatic cars turned back as they saw how volatile the situation was.
At least one vehicle was attacked, and many guests gave up trying to go to the party after getting stuck in traffic.
A couple of hundred determined guests did make it inside the compound.
But the intention was to intimidate Iranians from attending. This comes as Iran's minister of intelligence recently warned Iranians not to give interviews or information to foreigners, and a number of Iranian-Americans have been jailed on suspicion of spying. Queen Elizabeth II was born on 21 April 1926, but official celebrations to mark her birthday are held in June.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
What a bunch of backward idiots. But then again, why am I surprised?
hala keh beh Queen Elizabeth- e toon gir dadan,shoma gheyrati shodi!? LOL!!!

Chetori Behrooz jan?kam peyda.Jayat too " ManU transfer rumor Thread " khali bood.

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
Considering the role the British have played in messing up and dividing my country and ousting Mossadegh.

GOOD!
loool. sorry to say this, but as long as you guys keep living in the past, and keep blaming others for the problems of iran, then u get stupid people like these who think throwing eggs outside the embassy is actually gonna solve something! iran is looking more backwards everyday by these actions.

The police chased away journalists as they did not want to be seen beating their own people to defend a foreign embassy.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
hala keh beh Queen Elizabeth- e toon gir dadan,shoma gheyrati shodi!? LOL!!!

Chetori Behrooz jan?kam peyda.Jayat too " ManU transfer rumor Thread " khali bood.
Mashdi jaan chakeram! I was away for a while and didn't have access to the internet apart from occasionally to check my email. I have kept up with United's transfer news though. I will feel better when the Anderson transfer goes through.

Considering the role the British have played in messing up and dividing my country and ousting Mossadegh.
What have the events of 50 or so years ago got to do with Queen's birthday today? The British embassy also holds a similar event in their embassies all over the world, including India, a country that suffered much more at the hands of the Brits. But do you see the Indians act so retarded?

As a nation, when are we going to move on from these things? I am glad to say it's aonly a minority organised by the hardliners.
Anyway, This is all about political point scoring. Where were these people when Prince Charles visited Bam couple of years ago? How come the regime were ok with it then?

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
Mossadegh being overthrown SHOULDNT be blamed on others?!?!:--wierd:
im talking about living in the past.

fine. if u want to blame others, u might as well go and live in a hole in the mountains and blame others, and complain why ur still living in the hole! u dont see western countries crying about stuff which happend 50 years ago, do u? they have moved on. but iranians always complain about stuff which happend so many years ago! its as if all their hopes were put on just one or two men, and if something happend to them, the whole country went down the drain!