Iran shocked by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's condemnation of religious crackdown

Feb 17, 2009
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...jads-condemnation-of-religious-crackdown.html

Iran shocked by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's condemnation of religious crackdown

Not content with taking on America and the West, Iran's combative president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, has attacked a key policy of his supporters in the religious establishment.

By Richard Spencer, Middle East Correspondent
Published: 3:27PM BST 17 Jun 2010

Mr Ahmadinejad baffled conservatives in the ruling elite by declaring his opposition to the annual crackdown on "immodest appearance and behaviour" in the young.

Police use the onset of summer to issue fines to women found wearing make-up and nail polish, or figure-hugging clothes. Veils are tightened to stop showing so much hair, with light, nearly transparent head-coverings a particular target. Men deemed to be 'harassing' women while driving are also stopped.

Related Articles

In a television interview marking the anniversary of his re-election, Mr Ahmadinejad said he did not approve, and that the police actions were "designed to create tumult".
"The government does not agree with this behaviour and will respond to and control it as much as it can," he said. "It is an insult to ask a man and woman walking on the steet about their relation to each other. Nobody has the right to ask such questions."
Mohammad Taqi Rahbar, the leader of the conservative religious grouping in parliament, said Mr Ahmadinejad was betraying the people who voted for him and taking the side of the opposition Green Movement. "Those who voted for you were the fully veiled people," he said. "The badly veiled 'greens' did not vote for you, so you'd better consider what pleases God is not pleasing a number of the corrupt."
Mr Ahmadinejad's position in the dominant hardline faction of the Islamic Republic's leadership is unusual.
His main religious mentor, Ayatollah Mohammad-Taqi Mesbah-Yazdi, is regarded as extreme even by modern Iranian standards, yet he himself has no clerical title or rank and owes his popularity to his calls for greater attention to matters of this world, such as food and jobs for the poor.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
LOLLLLL!!!!

I'm almost certain AN will claim to be a prophet by the time he turns 70. Him and a very very small group of his buddies have taken the whole nation of Iran on a ride and are laughing their asses off.

Oh well...

Let's see what Mousavi's 19th statement will be. Until then, continue your "Mashroo'eeyat Zodayee"!

Feb 17, 2009
my question is.
then whoa re these forces who are harassing peopple on street ? are they from ershad,niroye entezami ? who are these guys. if they are from the security people then they act under the government.

wtf is this messed up situation

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
my question is.
then whoa re these forces who are harassing peopple on street ? are they from ershad,niroye entezami ? who are these guys. if they are from the security people then they act under the government.

wtf is this messed up situation
You didn't think those forces worked under AN's command did you?

AN couldn't give a shit if women walked on the streets in bikini.

mowj

National Team Player
May 14, 2005
Bull Shit!
Do not fall for such distracting discussion while the existance of a murdering Militarist Religious Fascits Plunderers is the topic all over.

Feb 17, 2009
You didn't think those forces worked under AN's command did you?

AN couldn't give a shit if women walked on the streets in bikini.
Im master in knowledge of iranian security forces,police and military
yet i didnt still find out under who the ershad operates. the government or is it being influenced by shia clerics in qom

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
did anyone watch BBC Persian program called Parazit a few months ago?

it was about AN and how these jewish businessmen in the DC were saying AN is one of us and at the end they said to AN Shalom...

may be still in bbc's archive?

spanx

Bench Warmer
Dec 19, 2005
did anyone watch BBC Persian program called Parazit a few months ago?

it was about AN and how these jewish businessmen in the DC were saying AN is one of us and at the end they said to AN Shalom...

may be still in bbc's archive?
Parazit is from VOA not BBC ... and it's Kambiz Hosseini's facebook ... just gotta add him

spanx

Bench Warmer
Dec 19, 2005
Im master in knowledge of iranian security forces,police and military
yet i didnt still find out under who the ershad operates. the government or is it being influenced by shia clerics in qom
how can you be so clueless and then a self proclaimed "master"

i'm sorry MITI KOMON if we knew we'd bow down earlier ...

Feb 17, 2009
how can you be so clueless and then a self proclaimed "master"

i'm sorry MITI KOMON if we knew we'd bow down earlier ...
lol i was joking obviously, no one is a master. i know alot (profesionally) about irans security system and its forces.
to answer ur post. well, most people within ershad and niroye entezami do not know the system completely, let alone me who get information from books,tv,internet.

i think in this case the ahmadi government is not pressing for the crackdowns since hes already not that populair.the orders for the crackdowns certainly come from the shia clerics in qom. certainly

parham79

Bench Warmer
Dec 5, 2009
The orders for the brutal crackdown specialy on Ashura came from the blood sucker khamenie and the very high ranking sepag generals like vahedi the current defense cheif.

May 12, 2007
lol i was joking obviously, no one is a master. i know alot (profesionally) about irans security system and its forces.
to answer ur post. well, most people within ershad and niroye entezami do not know the system completely, let alone me who get information from books,tv,internet.

i think in this case the ahmadi government is not pressing for the crackdowns since hes already not that populair.the orders for the crackdowns certainly come from the shia clerics in qom. certainly
I understand so much that there is a war between sepah and clerics. AN started his presidency by allowing women to enter football stadiums but he was forced back by clerics. Today those clerics that don't cooperate with Sepah including reformists are going out. Even Khamenei was boed severaltimes. I believe the plan is first to removed Rafsanjani, Kaubi and reformists then others including khamenei him self. Khamenei has his own men to kill people but Sepah is officially a criminal organization.
The muderers are Sepah & Khamenei. It is unclear what AN is hoping to gain saying these things maybe accusing Khamenei to be behind this.

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
Parazit is from VOA not BBC ... and it's Kambiz Hosseini's facebook ... just gotta add him

Thanks a lot for the info :)
thats how much I know about TV shows. lol, I happened to be in some body else's home when that show was on otherwise I cannot stand media, none of them!
they are liars and agenda driven. (dont want to mention the B word in here but they deserve worse)
lol