Iran Shoots Modern Family Scenes Almost Frame-for-Frame

Jun 26, 2014
There are so many Iranian movies I have seen in recent years that are cut and paste copies of American films. Donnie Brasco, Unfaithful, Two Much ( cheesy Antonio Banderas film with Mohammad Reza Golzar reprising his role ).

Iranian cinema and tv is so damn bad. Its either copies of 3rd rate american movies or depressing crap about drugs and broken families.

That is why my favorite programs on Iranian tv are the cooking and handicraft shows!!!!

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
There are so many Iranian movies I have seen in recent years that are cut and paste copies of American films. Donnie Brasco, Unfaithful, Two Much ( cheesy Antonio Banderas film with Mohammad Reza Golzar reprising his role ).

Iranian cinema and tv is so damn bad. Its either copies of 3rd rate american movies or depressing crap about drugs and broken families.

That is why my favorite programs on Iranian tv are the cooking and handicraft shows!!!!
I don't blame them , there are no copy right laws in Iran and usually the people that watch IRIB channels are people that have never seen shows like the modern family . I don't think Donnie Brasco is a 3rd rate American movie , that's one of the best gangster movies .

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV

That is interesting before the Iranians used to be good at coming up with their own ideas and they would win foreign film festivals seems like now they are just ripping off American ideas. Oh and Modern Family is a pretty funny show. Of course you will have the token minority and token gay person. I remember back in 2006 flying to Iran they would show great movies with simple subjects like one movie a blind Iranian boy would take care of this old Armenian priest and the dad said, "It's your Islamic duty to take care of the priest." At the end of the movie the priest died and you wept for the priest. They need to go back to making meaningful movies like that(forgot the name) not just cut and paste American ideas. Plus aren't they the ones who always complain about the Zionist American media? Now they are just coping the very same media they hate.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
we are nation of copy cats.

our pop artists steal melodies from obscure European and American bands.

our girls try have to carry the same purse that European and Americans girls carry.

our football starts try to do dance the same way that Brazilian stars do after they score a goal.

our films knock out version of something else.

our cars are copies of some other car 20 years preceding it.

our girls try to go under surgery to look like American pop Celebrities.

Our guys wear tight jeans and pants thinking Everyone in the west dresses like Grey's Anatomy.

We have no originality left.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
^^Right on man since I can't really say it better I won't add anything to it but well said in one sentence we are a nation of copy cats or followers. We had this problem before the revolution as well so it's nothing new.

Aug 21, 2005
next door
you can't blame them when you give bunch of besavad who do not have expertise in anything the position or power to produce things for national tv i.e IRIB.

i can't direct, screenwrite, compose etc.....but if i am working for IRIB and i somehow got to be in charge of making series i would start copying too, cause i would not know any better!! and since people who deserve to work in this industry are not given the opportunity to work, i have no choice but to copy and paste!!!! it is on job training for me til i learn the ropes of making an original series

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
Guys please stop spreading the negativity :). ok. We are not that bad right now.. Yes unfortunately were far from original these days. But there is still an ounce of hope left in our youth!.. They are our future and the ones that need to be supported..